Can anyone modify the Mitsubishi Digital Aircon Panel Outside Temp Sensor

rakuen

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
hey sifus... I was wondering if anyone knew how to modify the Mitsubishi Digital Aircon Panel. It has a button on the top left that show the Outside Temperature. I was wondering if I can tap that sensor or connect the wires to read Water Temp or something like that.

It's a pretty neat and cost effective way to get a reading. The Outside Temp sensor is never accurate anyway, cuz its under the hood.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,

Rakuen

netmask

Known Member
Dec 25, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
rakuen said:
hey sifus... I was wondering if anyone knew how to modify the Mitsubishi Digital Aircon Panel. It has a button on the top left that show the Outside Temperature. I was wondering if I can tap that sensor or connect the wires to read Water Temp or something like that.

It's a pretty neat and cost effective way to get a reading. The Outside Temp sensor is never accurate anyway, cuz its under the hood.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,

Rakuen
im also very curious, izzit possible to make that thing work on proton engine??:confused:

rakuen

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
eh.. why so cold one? hehe... mine works la.. since i have no turbo timer, i kinda use it to gauge if i need to let the engine cool down or not. anything about 37 i consider hot...

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Well, its a possible yes and no.

If you have taken the digital control out before you will notice that there will be 2 sockets and one hose connecting to the console. The hose leads directly somewhere out thru the engine bay and down. Well, if you could possibly connect the hose all the way, then you can even get your armpit reading (joking)

But the other concern is that the heat sensor is actually located in the digital panel as well... that is why its never very accurate as the air have to travel all the way from outside to inside la.

rakuen

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
damn. haha. oh well. just a thought. thanks simefly :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys.. need your help and opinion..

can fto dashboard fit satria or not? have u heard about it? ok or not ??i heard that evo4 dashbord can fit wira with some mod..but how bout fto... i want to try la...:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience