• what 272 stands for?
  • duration?

Need help sifoos....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
- highcam stands for high profile camshaft... they usually have higher lift or/and longer duration for better performance...
- regrind cams means a normal cam if being regrinded according to specs to have longer duration... there are also regrind cams where manufacturer take an iron rod and regrind it using CNC machine into a highcams...
- lift means how far the camshaft lobe can push the intake/exhaust valve... the more if can push, the more air/fuel can enter, the more performance u get...
- 272 stands for degree... i dont know how to measure or count lah... but 272 degree and below are usually meant for street use... 272, 292, 300, etc. are usually meant for racing...
- duration is how long the valve is kept open... the longer the duration, the more overlap of intake and exhaust valve will be...

mayb this link can help answer ur questions more...
Howstuffworks "How Camshafts Work"

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Earlier this week i was approached by a friend and colleague to help detail Sanjay. Who is Sanjay? Well, it is this blue Saga BLM. I know. A sexy bollywood name right? This baby got hit and scratched while being parked. Not knowing how bad was it through the phone, I told her I'll see what I can do.

Look...

Closer look...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience