buying used satria neo..help wanted!

friedtapping

Jan 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
greetings to all forumers.

i want to get some advice from expert of buying used satria neo.
im planning to buying used satria neo next month:driver:, preferably neo Hline auto 06-09.

firstly, what are the aspect that i should look ? is it the faulty gearbox? unusual fc or engine sound? and what is the command problems can be spot in 06-09 satria neo?

secondly, is it true..the higher the car price, the better the car is? :hmmmm: in case of being cheated by the car seller.. my friend have been cheated twice! so scared of this salesmen tactics.:stoned::stoned::stoned:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
my advice, better buy from direct owner rather than used car lot, cos at least u get to know the history of the car.....he will tell u from A-Z about the car. at least could refer to him in the future if the car has any problems.....

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Yeah. Agree with Danz.

If you wanna buy 2nd hand Neo, get year '08 or CPS model. The first batch had a lot of problem such as water leakage, etc...etc...

It all comes down to what you expect from the car bro. If you wan to use it for future mod & track time, then i suggest you get a brand new Satria Neo Lite instead. Selling price compare with a 2nd hand value of H-line spec would be more or less the same. You get a brand new car, new engine & you know the car body is not flexed yet if you wanna re-inforce it.

Just my cents worth.

friedtapping

Jan 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
tq danz and and boxCR,

yeah that's true, but when i look at the marketplace ads, buying direct from owner will cost more, they put higher price compared to used car dealer. im actually craving for neo cps..but its totally exceed my budget :hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

My target is the hline model with cruisecontrol function, if i buy a lite model there arent any. even have no rear screen wiper..im not planning on major mods, just minor cosmetics.

Is the 1st batch model is that bad? i heard that 2nd batch neo have its engine retune..izzit true?? and is the 05-06 model is that bad??

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
I am an owner of '06 model & my major problem was the water leakage. There are other club members facing the same problem as well but its just a minority. I am not sure about the engine re-tune thingy but the fact is, they still using the same Campro engine. Probably a change in the ECU setting?

When you mention cruise control, you are definitely going for an AT transmission car. If that's the case, then just go for CPS model & get yourself a decent sport rims with nice offset to fill the empty arch space.

friedtapping

Jan 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I am an owner of '06 model & my major problem was the water leakage. There are other club members facing the same problem as well but its just a minority. I am not sure about the engine re-tune thingy but the fact is, they still using the same Campro engine. Probably a change in the ECU setting?

When you mention cruise control, you are definitely going for an AT transmission car. If that's the case, then just go for CPS model & get yourself a decent sport rims with nice offset to fill the empty arch space.
seems like the water problem is pretty big then. no wonder the price of 06 neo can drop to 33k.
i read around forum somewhere about the neo's campro tune-up, not sure whats the things is..hope some kaki neo outthere can confirm it..:adore::adore:

i want to go for hline..spec shows it got the autocruise also..if i not mistaken:hmmmm:
hows the neo's transmission. i guessing its sharing the same transmission as persona..persona have no gearbox problem at all.amaze:love:

Viera Sasaki

Known Member
Feb 17, 2011
Perlis,Malaysia
greetings to all forumers.

i want to get some advice from expert of buying used satria neo.
im planning to buying used satria neo next month:driver:, preferably neo Hline auto 06-09.

firstly, what are the aspect that i should look ? is it the faulty gearbox? unusual fc or engine sound? and what is the command problems can be spot in 06-09 satria neo?

secondly, is it true..the higher the car price, the better the car is? :hmmmm: in case of being cheated by the car seller.. my friend have been cheated twice! so scared of this salesmen tactics.:stoned::stoned::stoned:
If u wanna get a 2nd hand Neo, I suggest u take along with u a mechanic that u can trust to help u in choosing the car. Just don't forget to 'belanja' him some meal or 'teh tarik' later on la as a complimentary...

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
yalor..it is simple thank to him as he help u check the car.confirm ok,then u buy lo.but remember send ur car to him for service or maintenance too.blame him "kau kau" if car got any problem later as u can say to him "that day u say this car ok then i follow ur word lo,but now u see,car problem lot lo....u better "kautim"for me ok?"hehehe...guarantee if u get some mechanic join u,u can claim it :hmmmm:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
do some shopping, insist to test drive the neo, u will eventually find a good car. just need to put in some effort, regardless from dealer or direct seller....a good car when u driven it, u wil eventually know it. u can start from seeing the finishing, interior and exterior so u can determine whether its well taken care or being thrashed b4...
good luck in yr search.....:) gearbox n engine no prob...
minor accessories prob i heard some....water leak also but can be solve.
cheerz

Viera Sasaki

Known Member
Feb 17, 2011
Perlis,Malaysia
yalor..it is simple thank to him as he help u check the car.confirm ok,then u buy lo.but remember send ur car to him for service or maintenance too.blame him "kau kau" if car got any problem later as u can say to him "that day u say this car ok then i follow ur word lo,but now u see,car problem lot lo....u better "kautim"for me ok?"hehehe...guarantee if u get some mechanic join u,u can claim it :hmmmm:
Hehehe...:biggrin:. True. It's just like an extra warranty for ur big investment.

friedtapping

Jan 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If u wanna get a 2nd hand Neo, I suggest u take along with u a mechanic that u can trust to help u in choosing the car. Just don't forget to 'belanja' him some meal or 'teh tarik' later on la as a complimentary...
yeah, i will do. but if he's not around i shud do the inspection my self. kinda weekendly-2nd hand neo-scouting..will not buy on my 1st day-out.

moreover,self- inspect is more "puas hatii" rite?
btw guys, is 08 neo auto high line is hard to find? i been in 4 dealers...no stock. kinda frust.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

do some shopping, insist to test drive the neo, u will eventually find a good car. just need to put in some effort, regardless from dealer or direct seller....a good car when u driven it, u wil eventually know it. u can start from seeing the finishing, interior and exterior so u can determine whether its well taken care or being thrashed b4...
good luck in yr search.....:) gearbox n engine no prob...
minor accessories prob i heard some....water leak also but can be solve.
cheerz

positively bro, test drive is the absolute answer.
minor accessories ? dun surprise me, its proton ma.
have any of you guys heard problems about the cruisecontrol ?

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
test drive is the absolute answer but sometime test drive for 5 or 15 minute cant tell out it is ok or not.test drive first,then staight drive that car to sifu workshop,lift it up...need check undercarriage too as we can view all of undercarriage like engine oil tank,gearbox oil tank,driveshaft boot condition,power-steering rack,exhaust pipe from manifold to rear...,all rubber bushing,shock absober condition.am sure after lifting the car up,the sifu really can view all problem,lift down back,let sifu check also front engine ,any oil leak,engine condition...bla bla....if confirm ok.habis cerita about car,u join dealer talk about loan lo....hehehe...sifu?ask him for mamak later lo...nasi lemak telur mata kerbau tambah ayam gerong dan tea tarik satu untuk abang ini maak cepat!!!":proud:

friedtapping

Jan 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yeah, i been tinking about that too... test drive in KL, or in selayang, with all the traffic..how on earth i can test all the handling, speed, cornering... and really need a good pow-men!

wow, nice touch bro! tq mr jimmy!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was browsing through the Pivot website earlier today and as I was
looking @ the Stepping Gauge section, I got curious about something.

1) Why is there a need to install such a meter in a car? The car already
comes with a RPM meter. What difference does this Pivot meter make? Why
do cars need to install things like Boost Meter, Speed Meter, Tachometer
and Shift Lamps?

2) Are such lamps only installed for Manual Transmission cars? or do
people actually install in on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience