Buying a Lancer Evo?

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Of course can bro

Check your PM

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

tried a few times to upload pictures, no success. dont know what happen it says error, already rezise the pictures a few times.

will try again later

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

hi sifus,

need your advice on the alarm system for my evo. is it true that the alarm system is already factory fitted? and how to activate it? i only have lock and unlock button on my key. but there is a security LED blinking when in locked.

what is the best alarm system you guys installed? how about GPS? any recommendation of brand, shop location and price will be much appreciated.

thansks

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Hi guys

Just to inform that i have received my Evo ix MR last Friday. I totally agree that the car is very poweful and very very fun to drive. But cannot cross 200km/h, speed cut at 190km/h. :banghead:

And the best thing is the connering part. Newbie like me can take a quite sharp corner very smooth and stable. Melekat di jalan :driver:

Fuel consumption is good. From JB until KL Including 1 hour roadblock regarding BERSIH demonstration clocked 420km at last bar.

And guys, my evo ix mr got her first public attraction when i stop at Putrajaya. A few people came to me and ask if they can take picture possing with my car. :biggrin: damn so proud because we earned it with our titik peluh right?

Evo is very nice and no regret getting it.
Speed Cut put i guess you can just get the Tactrix Cable(Cost some money) and ECU Flash
software(Free) then should not be hard to DIY

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Thanks bro but have u done it? Or anybody have done it? Seems easy just re write the ecu codes but if the wrong code inserted than i guess disasster will happen.

Reflash is one of the cheaper way, anybody done this before?

ONEshot_3121

Jan 21, 2006
selangor
bro greenmivec, anyway grats :congrats:for ur monster:biggrin:...i know how u feel at the moment:dancing2.....mind to share how much the market prices for e9mr now??u buy from dealer or direct owner??

have fun..cheers:driver:

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Thanks bro but have u done it? Or anybody have done it? Seems easy just re write the ecu codes but if the wrong code inserted than i guess disasster will happen.

Reflash is one of the cheaper way, anybody done this before?
bro for remove speed cut the simple way is just install the rsm..somemore look nice on ur dashboard...just my 2 cents...cheers

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
I paid for RM187k on the road, it is 2006 unregistered. With only 26,340km of milage

Yes i m thinking of installing RSM instead of ecu reflash. In a hand of experience guy it is a bless but if oterwise it might turn in to a bomb haha

Cant wait to drive her. Going to melaka now for meeting. But from seremban to ayer keroh a lot of speed traps, got ticketed twice there damnnn

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
I paid for RM187k on the road, it is 2006 unregistered. With only 26,340km of milage

Yes i m thinking of installing RSM instead of ecu reflash. In a hand of experience guy it is a bless but if oterwise it might turn in to a bomb haha

Cant wait to drive her. Going to melaka now for meeting. But from seremban to ayer keroh a lot of speed traps, got ticketed twice there damnnn
Personally i would prefer reflash
Cause Mitsubishi did gave a lot of feature in the ECU and the crowd are just untapping the potential of it
Maybe i am just a person who like to tinker with stuff(PC mainly) so flashing ECU sort of won't bother me that much to do personally..There are video's and guide on youtube,follow and it should be fine
Wish i got EVO to tinker with through:(
Enjoy your new car mate,the last chance to own last CT9A generation without Personal AP

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Helloooo sifusss

Any body can suggest me good alarm system for my evo? Is GPS reliable?

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Hi bros

Just to share this shockng storey, while we are discussing for alarm system, now i know what does it really mean by "evo is really a thief magnet".

As you guys knew, i jyst got this car last friday, this morning my dad woke me up at 7.25am saying my evo was broken in!!!!

Cursed those guys.

The modus operandi was 6 people on bikes surrounding my evo, which i parked infront of my gate, yeah my stupid expensive mistake.

They use a screw driver to break the small triangle glass at the back door n unlock the door. Then pull off the battery wire to deactivate the alarm. Yes stock evos do have alarm.

They managed to unscrew my MR recaro back seat and took it off from the car. Front screw already unscrew but they do not have enought time to takethem out.

A D9 police team was on patrol and those fuckers ran away, police manage to ram on one of the fuckers bike and fell off, but they manage to flee away. Luckily they left my rear seat un damage at all. Very pro n thet knew what they want to do.

The damages from this incident are:

1) broken rear glass - cost RM350
2) stolen M7 radiator cap - dont know how much, guys need your help to contact me if anybody sells you a M7 radiator cap. I want to have a word with the seller,a very very painful word. My number is 012 9612824
3) Garmin
4) smart tag n touch n go

I really thanks to god for not very hard damage done.if they have enough time i should have lost all my MR recaros and gauges.

Guys

Is there anything we can do to proretect each other? Lets us unite, if today it happens to me, it might be hapoen to anybody out there any time. I think MLOC is a good platform to start with.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
greenmivec,

Very sorry on the incident...
Driving an EVO always giving security problem if you park "suka hati"
You need to be elert all the time & this will make you unhappy (thinks about car je)

Thats the reason why some of EVO owner only drive their car on weekend
& never left the car alone too long...

Never install any gedget that might attract more attention from this bad people.
The car itself already a thief magnet.

Install the safety tinted ASAP.

BonesGarage

Known Member
Jul 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
greenmivec,

Sorry about the incident , but I think one of the first thing you might want to do is remove your pictures from websites.You might notice that there are hundreds of evo owners in malaysia but very few posts their pictures online including ZTH. And do not disclose too much detail about yourself like your exact location etc on the web coz alot of criminals go online looking for targets...Going online is a cheap thing nowadays, everywhere got wifi.

Hope you get your alarm done asap

Just my 2 sens

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry to hear the incident bro. Agreed with bro Pangyau and BonesGarage. Evo is nice to drive but worry to let him alone when u r not around. It might irritate u but u should have that kind of feeling somehow to make u stay alert. I guess u have to speed up installing good alarm and manual locks. Nowadays various brands available for GPS/ GSM tracker alarm which may trigger u if anything goes wrong with ur car. At least u can do something when u r triggered for example inform ur residential security to have a look if u r not at home.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A Perfect Match is a recent short film made by BMW Classic, where Jack insists on looking for a suitable replacement for his BMW 1602. This was an award winning BMW Feature short film that has made its name in Cannes and has won the Golden Dolphin award. Check out the awesome video

YouTube - A Perfect Match. BMW Classic.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience