Brittle Spark Plug Leads

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Any foreman here can advice me?

My spark plug lead has gone brittle and those rubber pieces are in my spark plug chambers.
Tried to take some out but I can't.

I am gonna change my valve cover gasket soon but i still can't access it.
Letting the rubber dropping inside the combustion chamber would be my last resort. :bawling:
________________________________________________________________________________
Solution:
Now work Auto DIY mah!.....:biggrin:

Kaotim for bro. SC already. Need to break the pieces to smaller bits then attach water hose to vacuum hose and vacuum them out. No place for even chop stick to go it. Plug blocking the way....

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As long as you don't take out the spark plugs I don't think you have an issue with the rubber dropping in. Just find thin chopsticks, tape some double sided tape to it and gently 'stick' them out.

You need new leads from the looks of it?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As long as you don't take out the spark plugs I don't think you have an issue with the rubber dropping in. Just find thin chopsticks, tape some double sided tape to it and gently 'stick' them out.

Yup, or plasticine, play dough, even my clay bar should be okay too.....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
just the rubber..the lead will be fine anyway.....try use lidi or dawai wire...heck even u can use tweezer like this to reach

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

That one risky. Last the plasticine/play dough/clay drop in also. Suggest blutack
Luckily I didn't. I tried double sided tape. Its not strong enough.
Hmm, blutack seems good.

Yup, or plasticine, play dough, even my clay bar should be okay too.....:driver:
The thing is with the spark plugs intact, there are not much space. :bawling:

just the rubber..the lead will be fine anyway.....try use lidi or dawai wire...heck even u can use tweezer like this to reach

Wah, where to find tweezers? Need it to be long too. I was using a long Alan Key.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Luckily I didn't. I tried double sided tape. Its not strong enough.
Hmm, blutack seems good.
Double sided tape not strong enough? :confused: The pieces got oil? :smokin:

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Have to custom make one. :s:
In that case get a fuel hose tape it to your regular vacuum hose then try suck them up....:driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Double sided tape not strong enough? :confused: The pieces got oil? :smokin:

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

In that case get a fuel hose tape it to your regular vacuum hose then try suck them up....:driver:
The rubber is slippery, too smooth dy.
Will try the custom vacumm cleaner ltr haha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
something sticky like blutack is a good try...

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
the spark plug lead is not design to last a lifetime... when is time to change you need to change.. or else it weakened the spark performnace and cause a lot more other problem than brittle plastic...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
blue tack might not work......Try the sticky tar that use is to stick/trap rats.

Apply the tar at the end of long chopstick (the one used for frying yaucharkwai). then stick the pieces of rubber out.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guy's,
how many of you here willing to spent for oversize with sleeves kit? Also to risk it? I happen to have extra engine kosong lying around and having a thought to "build" it. Im looking to oversize it from 79mm to 82mm with darton sleeves kit.

but i've reading that sleeves wasnt easy to install. It required very skillfull mech to do it. Else risk sleeves moves or so on. This question me is it wise to do so? Im going sleeves as i want total reliability. Not to mention gasket

thn...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience