BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Walbro is noisy..... DW is like OEM. My ride I do normal run in method is enough. It's my daily driven car :D

Nola, not forged, using 4D68 crank with 2jz pistons. Conrod used back Evo 3. Daily driven so boost max 1 bar only.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
wow nice ride mate hahah i shall go with DW. Nice set up u have thr bro 4D68 crank more tahan? or the stroke diff? anyway is gsr piston enough to take 1.2 bar max? daily driven will be 1bar or should i go with 4A-GZE piston instead....please advice

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
wow nice ride mate hahah i shall go with DW. Nice set up u have thr bro 4D68 crank more tahan? or the stroke diff? anyway is gsr piston enough to take 1.2 bar max? daily driven will be 1bar or should i go with 4A-GZE piston instead....please advice
Basically mine is a poor man 2.2L stroker kit. About the gsr/4agze pistons, wait for the experienced guys to answer that for you. :biggrin:

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
>is Walbro noisy?..

hmm.. honestly other than the gruuuuu when im about to start the engine, i dont really notice any obvious sound during driving.
Maybe Im hearing the engine and creaks of my adjustable suspension more over the pump sound.

Im not sure if race bearing is necessary, i only use ACL Duraglides on my engine(the only non stock part other than cometic hg)but i had to import myself from usa.
If you have access to race bearing and price diff is not large over superstreet tier bearings, go for it. :thumbs:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
>is Walbro noisy?..

hmm.. honestly other than the gruuuuu when im about to start the engine, i dont really notice any obvious sound during driving.
Maybe Im hearing the engine and creaks of my adjustable suspension more over the pump sound.

Im not sure if race bearing is necessary, i only use ACL Duraglides on my engine(the only non stock part other than cometic hg)but i had to import myself from usa.
If you have access to race bearing and price diff is not large over superstreet tier bearings, go for it. :thumbs:
Mine old Walbro 255lph had the loud whining sound from it.....annoying

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Is the Walbro constant whining or what? Well bro ejump will see how it goes first after the engine has been dismantled if not necessary no need change lu.....according to the installer he said if ori condition good ori better lol..... still in saving money progress :banghead::banghead:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Is the Walbro constant whining or what? Well bro ejump will see how it goes first after the engine has been dismantled if not necessary no need change lu.....according to the installer he said if ori condition good ori better lol..... still in saving money progress :banghead::banghead:
Yup constant whining haha

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
u will hear constant miniature machine running under the rear seat :biggrin: :rofl: especially during idle.....on race car no problem...on family car there might be sometimes u wish that whinning noise wasnt there... :rofl:

and walbro pump is ampere monster....due to the internal pump type different than those DW/aeromotive etc etc....

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Yeah....will definitely need to do a relay to bump up the amps to that Walbro.......I think mine failed quite fast because of it.....(either wiring is old or not enough amps to power it efficiently (food for thought hmmmmm) but the whine.....OMG.....and that's with internal.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
well im glad i asked here first or else ill have to bear with constant whining :rofl:though usually i travel alone or with one passenger on board only ahhaha

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Happy Chinese Near Year 2016 Ro-bots hehe. Great to see that this thread is still alive albeit much quieter nowadays. Mine still running fine(engine wise) after 4 years of BOT(touch wood) haha. Keep it up guys. Keep boosting safely.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

VEILSIDE for 350Z Community

Hi everyone,

We are glad to inform all of you that we are in the midst of bringing Veilside into Malaysia in the next couple of months. We are planning to have our Veilside soft launch products once we enter the Malaysian market.

As you all know that Veilside is the leading exclusive automotive product especially in body parts for aerodynamic and aesthetic enhancement of the vehicle.Veilside products have been featured in movies such as The Fast and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience