Bolt on turbo..

jee_square

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
Taman Melawati
Can anyone guide me on bolt on turbos.. I have a final project coming up.. I've been thinking to turbocharge my stock proton 1.3 injection.. Just trying to get a light boost.. Is it possible to be done without so much fuss? What are the aspects i shud look into?

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
why not u try find 1st it at force induction thread
this topic has been repeated for so many times liao

freddy

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
my fren, nth to look at...actually to turbocharge an N/A car very simple....
im going to mod my car turbocharge this oct-nov....
if looking for low boost...or high boost still the same.....cause turbocharged car always damm fast kong....
all you got to get is turbocharger,bov,intercooler(optional),extra injector or bigger fuel pump. thats all ...then go to exhaust shop and ask them custom one manifold to match your turbocharger and make those turbo/intercooler piping. must put blow off valve to prevent overboosting(that will cause engine blow because your car stock standard,not enough fuel feed,piston high comp,kaputt....) you know how to pull b.o.v. hose is it....? i think you should know...the worse part of turbo charging is to fine the oil feed supply....!!! because every turbocharger needs an oil feed to lubricate the turbocharger.....when solve this problem... you always welcome to turbocharged your car anytime.....then the last thing is the fuel feed...how to solve it? because when turbo kicks in, loads of rich air push into engine where standard N/A car fuel supplied is limited thus cause too rich in air but not fuel...causing kaputt.... kaputt boom !!....so either you adopt extra injector or you can always go for optional way such as upgrade your fuel pump to bigger c.c. where the fuel pump supply enough fuel...
there is another way too.....you can also change your ori injector into bigger c.c too this is another option to solve it.
after your car is done...you must reset your ecu.....and go for tuning....to set the car programming to match the new loads of horsepower.Above are mention for injection cars...
as for carbie....of course i done it before....very messy stuff too...but when you know about carb tuning...then your in it....same basic.......turbo,b.o.v.,intercooler.
much better, because cheaper then injection cars...remember when turbocharging a carb, you must use intercooler because intercooler controls some of the temperature air inside the piping which is draw by the turbocharger(turbo tends to get hot because power drawn by exhaust) so the temperature inside the carb will not be effect overall. carb is a very complicated thing even temperature will effect the performance...(thats why must understand carburator!!)....same as above just put everything in....turbo connects manifold, piping to intercooler, intercooler to manifold(custom the manifold cover properly to prevent vacuum leakage) between turbo to manifold put a b.o.v.
then remember,never put a fuel pump into a carb car because it will overflow the carb..A.C. pump already enough to pump the fuel....but one thing you must do is to make the fuel feed enough.......how...ask me....hahahaha.....for more on fuel feed info on carb, pm me....this secret is for those interested parties....and then viola.....your car turbo charged......!!

below is the list you must remember when turbocharging a car....
ok......

1) turbocharged a car means making it into a beast,therefore...a great power comes with a great responsibility(spiderman lah)

2)turbo tends to get hot...so better make the engine comfort with it, if not.....boom...bye bye.....

3)after turbocharged, it is advisable to upgrade the brakes and suspension as to much horsepower drawn to momentum and this will cause a few second ahead to braking....

4)dont over boost too much, cause stock engine runs a high compression piston, this will make the piston bocor or kong(samelah) if you have time, change the piston to low compression.can either check 4 age supercharged piston(cheaper) or custom forged piston......

5)remember your car tends to get hot easily thus you will see the car bleeding, hahahaha engine oil spilling out of those gasket...from oil sump to block head...
so better get a metal gasket for your block( i had this exprience).

6)turbocharging is simple and cheap.....in short terms.....but long investment...cause they are not worth it for long run......but dont worry... power which produce from it...can beat a monster car too....believe me...

7)must remember turbo eat oil,engine eat fuel....so supply them enough......
dont over supply cause too rich will cause them cekik....i did...and the turbo bearing jam and piston ring rosak.
and never starve them either because this will cause bearing pecah(same to me also had this on me) because panas not enough minyak so geser geser togehther making the bearing pecah lor... and piston not enough fuel making it bomm boom boom misfiring............so remember....supply enough enough.....dont be smartAXX.......

for more info...pm... me..
thats all for now folks/.

jasonchan

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
conclusion go get a higher cc car rathen than turbocharged it..cause it does not last long..

HanafyEG

500 RPM
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
just convert to 1.8 gsr turbo, safe and simple..dont simply add turbo to proton engines..they are not meant for turbo setup..wont last long

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
There's a turbo-ed 4G15 in this forum before, done at Matspeed, max boost 1 bar & very reliable. However the cost is high.

I also read another turbo-ed 4G15 in oversea Wira, dynoed at 150 horsepower.

To boost 4G13/15 to 1 bar, hypereutectic pistons should be enough, check em out at RPW website, it's much cheaper than forged pistons.

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
if you thinking of Saving money and without hassle of clearing JPJ and stufss, i suggest you dont bolt on turbo on a wira...

first, its gonna cost more and might be unreliable...
second, you need a good tuner and aftermarket ecu..

might as well you go for a 1.8t heart transplant that kicks out more hp...

lancersr20

Known Member
Dec 26, 2004
Malaysia
DJmobile said:
if you thinking of Saving money and without hassle of clearing JPJ and stufss, i suggest you dont bolt on turbo on a wira...

first, its gonna cost more and might be unreliable...
second, you need a good tuner and aftermarket ecu..

might as well you go for a 1.8t heart transplant that kicks out more hp...

or just get an EVO 8....
just joking..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We had another encounters last Sunday, although I could hardly lift up both my arms & shoulder is so stiff like a concrete……but detailing who can resist….

Instead of FLEE-ing …I flew to the crime scene….. one of which my buddy got a rotary & he started correcting his wife 13 years old oxidized car……

Let me share with you more…if you would please

Remember how lighting plays a big part in Car Detailing , as most cars defect only been seen from a strong lighting, what professional...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience