BMW might resurrect the 8-Series to rival Stuttgart's S-Class Coupe!

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

The talk on the 8-Series resurrection has been going on for decades, but nothing has yet to come of it. The latest rumours come via Bloomberg, citing an unnamed source, but we believe is actually hinting on the 8-Series.

From the story:

“A sporty two-door version of the 7-Series is in the works for as soon as 2019, according to a person familiar with BMW’s plan, who asked not to be named because the plans aren’t public. The luxury coupe is the first of several new versions BMW is considering to give sales of its highest-end car a lift.”

Thing is, Mercedes-Benz has the S-Class which go directly against the 7-Series. But there’s also the S-Class Coupe, which currently has no direct rival from Munich. The Rolls-Royce Wraith – which is built from 7-Series platform, uses 7-Series twin-turbo V12 and derive its transmission from the 7-Series – is the closest thing to a modern 8-Series.

If you can still recall the 8-Series from the late 80s towards the 90s, you’ll picture a luxury coupe with a shark-like, wedge-shaped front end. The 8-Series might not be so successful in terms of sales figures, but to me, the car looks spectacular.

Judging from current trends, BMW splits the 2-door version of the 3-Series into a whole new lineup, the 4-Series. The 7-Series on the other hand has always been a sedan, therefore creating a 2-door derivative of it to be the new 8-Series makes so much sense.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,all sifus here ...
I going to covert my waja to gsr
Do u all have any recommend workshops to done this ?
And where half cut shop u all get this ?
I heard that after convert the fuel meter will not accurate ...
How can solve that problem ?
Thx for u all information ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience