Beware/Be Careful if Tyre Prices are far way cheaper than other Tyre Shops

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Ya, never had my regular mech tell me about that before. He just say that the camber ran off very bad, suggest me to change to this so called adjustable camber screws.

End up, I pay more for what I'm suppose to be paying. Well, learnt my lesson the harder way.
1 time @ another, we all have sumthing learned the hardway, but not to worry, the hardway sumtimes is better coz it'll stuck forever & we can be sifus many many later on wit it:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
next time just change tires & GTFO......:listen:
Ya man, tyres are damn cheap and not including alignment, I'll just GTFO and do elsewhere.
Only way not to fall to their tricks.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
but nowadays most shop will tell u need to change but the price is not as expensive like yours bro SF, mine ask for RM25 that time coz them nct5 tyres r 2to3 RM difference between shops so they oni want to get a bit add on sale but told them no need, if do a good job wit whichever stock items I have, I'll definitely come back.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
but nowadays most shop will tell u need to change but the price is not as expensive like yours bro SF, mine ask for RM25 that time coz them nct5 tyres r 2to3 RM difference between shops so they oni want to get a bit add on sale but told them no need, if do a good job wit whichever stock items I have, I'll definitely come back.
Maybe because like I mentioned the tyres are cheaper by RM20-RM30 compared to other tyre shops. So they need at least that figure to cover :rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if pump then no need to take out. if press camber then need to remove the tyres & absorbers.
Bro. Danz, The way they did the pump thing to his SLK I also don't know as bro. SF also not sure. I did not go with him that day because he was rushing for time and I had my car under repair.
I am sure what you meant for the pump thing is the hydraulic method. Remove wheel hook up chain and hydraulic pump the to bend the camber back in shape. This way is easy but not good, your wheel bearings can get damaged.
The right way should be like what you mentioned, remove suspension then send to pump the whole thing then only fit back.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

wtf suprafan.. this is the classic tyre con job! Haven't you hung around vr2turbo enough to not get into this sort of con job?!

Just leave the camber screws in la since you have them already. Incidentally I know you can get a camber screw for less than 10 at the right stores. Buying from shops will chop you kaokao
His Mira new, tyre cheap and too trusting......:biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Maybe because like I mentioned the tyres are cheaper by RM20-RM30 compared to other tyre shops. So they need at least that figure to cover :rofl:
When I look for tyres for my ex-colleague, if slightly more I get them to pao alignment, valves etc. actually come back to square one....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Bro. Danz, The way they did the pump thing to his SLK I also don't know as bro. SF also not sure. I did not go with him that day because he was rushing for time and I had my car under repair.
I am sure what you meant for the pump thing is the hydraulic method. Remove wheel hook up chain and hydraulic pump the to bend the camber back in shape. This way is easy but not good, your wheel bearings can get damaged.
The right way should be like what you mentioned, remove suspension then send to pump the whole thing then only fit back.

His Mira new, tyre cheap and too trusting......:biggrin::biggrin:

When I look for tyres for my ex-colleague, if slightly more I get them to pao alignment, valves etc. actually come back to square one....:driver:
Ya, now I know :rofl:

Means in future if want to adjust the rear camber on the kancil have to ask the to take out. I guess that would cost more.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, now I know :rofl:

Means in future if want to adjust the rear camber on the kancil have to ask the to take out. I guess that would cost more.
If now after adjusted is correct you won't need to do again unless you see hole you wallop lah.....hahahahaha:biggrin::biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'd rather aim for a shop that targets repeat business, not one that gives cheap prices and empty promises.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If now after adjusted is correct you won't need to do again unless you see hole you wallop lah.....hahahahaha:biggrin::biggrin:
After replace absorbers, is not as rough as before going over uneven road but still feel harsh. Guess the bushing is out...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
This is lesson learn for all of us, thanks to TS for the reminder
You're welcome bro. Just don't hope more people fall for this small time con tactics.

If tyres cheap, usually they don't give balancing+alignment. Even if they do, just say no to Camber Screws change.

If he says is serious need to change, tell them nvm. Just go elsewhere to your regular tyre shops to do the alignment.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Could end up paying more like bro. SF......:banghead:
Haha! Still best way is, source cheap tyres, fix it and do alignment elsewhere :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha! Still best way is, source cheap tyres, fix it and do alignment elsewhere :biggrin:
That is why many times, I get friends call me from the tyre shop, even mechanic Fong that day call me because tyre shop recommend some tyres he have not heard off. Told him this can that cannot, the tyre shop fellow must be shaking his head...hahaha
But normally if ex colleague they ask me what tyre, call for price, arrange for the stock then only go over to fit. This way no hassle of no stock and so on...

Another thing is make sure of other things, Mounting and Balancing is always included in tyre price. Alignment service got to negotiate, especially when changing 4 tyres. Rubber valves also can ask for free if tyre price cannot come down some more. Ask in advance about Credit card payment. Some will add 2% charges then got to carry RM there already.
Cheap tyres also check for manufacturing date, as some maybe just getting rid of old tyres.

Actually got some tyre shop owners I know told me I am teaching the consumers too well, as many of his customers nowadays ask about the date first....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Black coloured Toyota Hilux 2.8 bearing number plate QKM3626 stolen in Medan Jaya, Bintulu, Sarawak.
Pls be on the lookout n info police if spotted.
This vehicle belongs to a friend. :bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience