Be careful of this tire shop at Bangi, Malaysia

babybenz

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Dear All,
I almost got cheated by a tire shop in Bangi, Malaysia. I will post more details when I m back to Singapore. Whoever is in Bangi now and wants to do tires or alignment, pls DO NOT go to the one that is further away from Petronas petrol station. Owner is a Chinese botak and chubby guy. There is a petite Chinese lady there too. You have been warned!!

Dear All, the owner of this shop (I will post pic of the shop tomorrow) tried to cheat me. First, he claimed my tires are "pregnant" and needed to change. Second, he claimed the rear cambers are off and needed adjustments. The alignment machine was not even switched on. How did he know? Then he proceeded to adjust this nut and that nut. All the while, the computer was off and not showing any readings. When I questioned him, he could not give me an answer.

Location of the shop: When travelling along NSHW, exit at Bangi. After toll station, drive to 12 o'clock at first roundabout. You will see Petronas station on your right. At second roundabout, make a U-turn and turn into the road after Petronas. You will see a tire shop near to Petronas at the corner of the building. This is the GOOD one. The UNSCRUPULOUS one is located at the other end of the same building. "Owner" is a male Chinese chubby and botak guy. Be careful...!!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Pls post the pictures. Thanks for the warning.

Some tyre shop business are like sharks, ready to pounce on unsuspecting customers.

Everytime I go tyre shop, the workers ALWAYS (without fail) tell me some other things are broken in my car.
Stud worn, nut worn, air valve rosak, wheel bearing loose, brake pad worn (I saw it was only half way worn) timing belt loose, battery weak, adjustment screw/nut not working, rims bengkok, allignment out engine tapet noisy,etc....Always got things to repair or change.

I think these greedy business men wants to make more money than they should. Take a look of the boss car. Alphard, new AE86 wor......So have to be greedy to support their lifestyle....Of course, not all tyre shops are like that.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just glad that I finally found one that is honest to me. Will only recommend me to change whatever necessary. :top:

cfa

Jun 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I know how you feel. That's why sometimes, it makes sense to only change tyres at a Shop that you normally service your Car if they carry the model / brand that u want. Else, go to more reputable shops that has been highly recommended by other forumers. It would be good if TS can post name of shop.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Some do are good at manual alignment instead of using machines if u r the type who prefer alignment with machines, then go for workshop that uses machines. Some prefer manually is cuz some said is more accurate than using the machines...

babybenz

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Dear All,
This is the pic of shop. When I was taking the pic, the lady boss shouted loudly at me, "Take lah... take lah...!" in Cantonese.

It is the corner one.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
wah, the lady boss dares customers to take picture samor....
Better close shop with this sort of service...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dear All,
I almost got cheated by a tire shop in Bangi, Malaysia. I will post more details when I m back to Singapore. Whoever is in Bangi now and wants to do tires or alignment, pls DO NOT go to the one that is further away from Petronas petrol station. Owner is a Chinese botak and chubby guy. There is a petite Chinese lady there too. You have been warned!!

Dear All, the owner of this shop (I will post pic of the shop tomorrow) tried to cheat me. First, he claimed my tires are "pregnant" and needed to change. Second, he claimed the rear cambers are off and needed adjustments. The alignment machine was not even switched on. How did he know? Then he proceeded to adjust this nut and that nut. All the while, the computer was off and not showing any readings. When I questioned him, he could not give me an answer.

Location of the shop: When travelling along NSHW, exit at Bangi. After toll station, drive to 12 o'clock at first roundabout. You will see Petronas station on your right. At second roundabout, make a U-turn and turn into the road after Petronas. You will see a tire shop near to Petronas at the corner of the building. This is the GOOD one. The UNSCRUPULOUS one is located at the other end of the same building. "Owner" is a male Chinese chubby and botak guy. Be careful...!!
Were you driving a S'pore Car? Probably out for a kill?

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Pls post the pictures. Thanks for the warning.

Some tyre shop business are like sharks, ready to pounce on unsuspecting customers.

Everytime I go tyre shop, the workers ALWAYS (without fail) tell me some other things are broken in my car.
Stud worn, nut worn, air valve rosak, wheel bearing loose, brake pad worn (I saw it was only half way worn) timing belt loose, battery weak, adjustment screw/nut not working, rims bengkok, allignment out engine tapet noisy,etc....Always got things to repair or change.

I think these greedy business men wants to make more money than they should. Take a look of the boss car. Alphard, new AE86 wor......So have to be greedy to support their lifestyle....Of course, not all tyre shops are like that.
Bro., don't you have a regular shop that you go to?

babybenz

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Were you driving a S'pore Car? Probably out for a kill?
Vr2turbo,
Yes, Singapore car. Most likely owner thinks I don't know what car alignment is all about and tried to bluff me. When I told him I track regularly n know what alignment is all about, he was quiet and hence knew he could not cheat me.

I have been to a few car workshops in Malaysia and most are honest. I know Malaysians and car enthusiasts hate cheaters. Hence, I posted to warn others.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Vr2turbo,
Yes, Singapore car. Most likely owner thinks I don't know what car alignment is all about and tried to bluff me. When I told him I track regularly n know what alignment is all about, he was quiet and hence knew he could not cheat me.

I have been to a few car workshops in Malaysia and most are honest. I know Malaysians and car enthusiasts hate cheaters. Hence, I posted to warn others.
Why I ask, is because they think you are one time customer since you drive S'pore registered car, so sharpen the knife for a good kill. Lucky you are knowledgeable of these matters and they could not do anything to you. Imagine him charging for services not done......:banghead::banghead:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Even I'm staying in Bangi but doing my alignment at MPS Sunway....don't waste ur time finding a good tire shop in Bangi like I wasted mine...:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Vr2turbo,

Maybe he thought singapore people dont have such high technology as using Alignment Machine :rofl: He got to keep himself more updated then :laugh:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there anything to play around with a Jetta.
It should be almost the same as a Golf.
Golf got a Type R don't understand why not Type R for Jetta.
Our place here really sux. Europe got 1.6, we've only 1.4.
Would have got the 1.6 if we've got it. Just paid deposit for a 1.4

Anything to kick up it's power?
Yea... The car comes with 5 years warranty.
Those that bought this car mostly won't do it but I'm the kind that get board fast.
If the time comes then 1 day I might just shout out...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience