Basic Maintenance For DC2

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ermmm.... madman, can i know what is the purpose of the holes on your bumper? I saw alot civic, satria, and wiralution doing this.
To let air pass through. On most bumpers, that basically is a parachute and thus creates drag. Letting the air out reduces this drag.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Ermmm.... madman, can i know what is the purpose of the holes on your bumper? I saw alot civic, satria, and wiralution doing this.
that 6 holes is called a diffuser... and yes...aerodynamically related.

rear bumper acts as a parachute by trapping the air there....the holes will let the air through giving less air resistance on high speeds.

sealing off the bottom also uses a diffuser like THIS

but there really isnt any for the EG unless DIY. and even then, it may not be as effective for the EG coz of the undercarriage design may still allow some air into the rear bumper causing it to be trapped there and may even make matters worse with a diffuser coz it doesnt have any where to go

personally... i dont like how it looks with gaping holes... but once u put netting at the holes... they look real good... and yes i have them netting :D

madman, i will take picture the emanage and ecu and post here..honestly, nt very clear about what u hv discussed. donno about harness, obd, crome etc (1st time i heard about crome is crome dyno at avantech) ... btw, to check the ecu, i need to open the computer box casing rite?the tune/system will lari/kacau or not?
yes... the crome i mentioned is the same crome that avantech offers...

check ecu? check for wat? anyway...there shouldnt be any changes to the settings...coz the data is practically burned in there.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Yob S25 Shah Alam selling new BackYard SPECIAL.
whos Yob? u mean bob is it?? jebon71?

those BYS lips are for EG6 ler.. not DC2... even EG9 bumper oso cannot use

Last edited:

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang

rear bumper acts as a parachute by trapping the air there....the holes will let the air through giving less air resistance on high speeds.

but there really isnt any for the EG unless DIY. and even then, it may not be as effective for the EG coz of the undercarriage design may still allow some air into the rear bumper causing it to be trapped there and may even make matters worse with a diffuser coz it doesnt have any where to go

personally... i dont like how it looks with gaping holes... but once u put netting at the holes... they look real good... and yes i have them netting :D

yes... the crome i mentioned is the same crome that avantech offers...

check ecu? check for wat? anyway...there shouldnt be any changes to the settings...coz the data is practically burned in there.
juz to ensure izzit true feel's or not.thanks for your advice. cannot wait tmrow morning to get the car... hehhehe .. btw, normally how much sum insured for dc2? i went to insurance agency this evening. they mentioned the market price for dc2 juz rm26k only....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yeah... insurance market price and normal market price differs alot... my car is insured for less than half the price i bought it for...

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
ok,... clear about that... errr one more thing (byk tnya pulak), izzit dc2 hv aircond filter? i mean 'pad/paper' filter, normally inside the dashboard, not the tabung one at the engine bay... my fb : fansuri mohammad

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
ok,... clear about that... errr one more thing (byk tnya pulak), izzit dc2 hv aircond filter? i mean 'pad/paper' filter, normally inside the dashboard, not the tabung one at the engine bay... my fb : fansuri mohammad
Nope...don't have one.

juz to ensure izzit true feel's or not.thanks for your advice. cannot wait tmrow morning to get the car... hehhehe .. btw, normally how much sum insured for dc2? i went to insurance agency this evening. they mentioned the market price for dc2 juz rm26k only....
I think mine was around RM35k.

Last edited:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
To let air pass through. On most bumpers, that basically is a parachute and thus creates drag. Letting the air out reduces this drag.

icic, it for ventilate purpose. ok thank you.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
DC2! Dang. The best Integra model ever (in my opinion). Bro, I would suggest keeping the car stock once you get it. Cuz if they implement that goddamn stupid policy on old cars you're going to have a real rough time keeping this car.

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
thanks izso... now, already got the car, officially. im happy, my wife happy, all happy. cannot wait to hear lecture from my parents when balik kampung this weekend. my point is just "amik kete 2 pintu, untuk safety anak2, lagi safety sbb anak2 tak leh bukak pintu kat blkg" LOL... but only 2 times i drove it becoz to busy hehhee.... now, i got 2 issues here

1. this info according to insurance agency told me :
- takaful ikhlas - cannot cover the car, can cover a car below 15 years old only
- takaful malaysia - same case
- uni asia - same case
- alliance - loading 100%, can cover a car below 15 years old only
- etiqa - RM783, if sum insured rm15k, loading 15%

any comment?

2. this combination, it is reliable?
- cam+retainer+valve spring skunk2 pro3, 1 set
- b16b piston (81mm i think)
- without port and polish
- hondata s300
- standard clucth
- h22a injector
- standard intake manifold
- oversize works throttle body
- ngk BKR6EGP
- standard timing belt
- standard b16a/b18c water pump (22 teeth)
- simota air filter
- aluminium radiator
- arp head stud

my main point is to get a reliable/healthy engine...

thanks in advance....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
1/ try motortakaful.com .... thats where i insure my 95 honda...its etiqa takaful iinm.

2/ pro3 requires quite a high compression to get any power out of it. B16B piston wont be enough to give it the compression it needs. would recommend Toda C2 or Skunk2 Pro2. take note that i have a friend with a B18C-R with 12.5 compression with Pro2 and his VTEC point is at about 7krpm. otherwise wont make any power when set the vtec point lower. i also have another friend with a b18cr with skunk2 tuner 2 cams and making pretty decent amount of power.... take note than when using aftermarket cams, advisable to have adjustable cam pulleys for fine tuning and also aftermarket timing belt like power enterprise or gates racing so that it doesnt break before 80k km... my mechanic told me if i were to fit toda c2 and wanna use honda oem belts, must change every 40k km max.

perhaps u should google for suitable cams for stock bottom B18C-R

b16b piston is a pretty decent upgrade. but quite costly to get it fitted. upah je dah lebih harga piston bro... blom masuk engine oil, gearbox oil, aircond gas etc.

id recommend skipping the b16b piston for now, and get a PnP job done. would be beneficial for the high cams.... b16b piston can masuk later if the engine requires overhauling or something

S300 = good shit.
standard clutch, id recommend something better like the exedy stage 1 or exedy stage 2 (3 or 4 puck) as minimum...but the stock clutch is pretty decent.
h22a injectors oso ok

instead of works, get skunk2 alpha throttle body... and port match ur intake manifold... take note that stock type r intake manifold has a limit it can be port matched... 68mm if not mistaken.... if u get 70mm throttle body, id advise getting skunk2 intake manifold as well and port matching it to 70mm...another favourite option for throttle bodies is the Super90 Throttle body.

spark plugs, up to u... but iinm vtecs use range 7 plugs... OEM plugs are NGK - BCPR7E-11 if not mistaken

timing belt already mentioned above.

air filter again up to ur choice... but... if u have the type r air box... would recommend u check out these DIY Icebox Cold Air Intake mods.
DIY: Icebox how-to - ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum
IMPROVED: DIY "Icebox" style CAI - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

and just change the filter element to something like K&N or something.

aluminium rad is ok... but personally.... stock radiator is good enough... perhaps look into low temp thermostat and low temp fan switch.....but if ur having overheating issues, u should get that sorted first before doing any mods.

arp head stud = good shit.

another thing u should look into is oil pressure. quite important for VTECs.. but usually stock oil pressure is ok for type r as they are supposed to have a higher pressure oil pump. otherwise, there is a simple mod out there that u can do to increase the pressure... involves a washer in the pump.. not sure if its applicable for type r... but try researching it.

Last edited:

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
1/ try motortakaful.com .... thats where i insure my 95 honda...its etiqa takaful iinm.

2/ pro3 requires quite a high compression to get any power out of it. B16B piston wont be enough to give it the compression it needs. would recommend Toda C2 or Skunk2 Pro2. take note that i have a friend with a B18C-R with 12.5 compression with Pro2 and his VTEC point is at about 7krpm. otherwise wont make any power when set the vtec point lower. i also have another friend with a b18cr with skunk2 tuner 2 cams and making pretty decent amount of power.... take note than when using aftermarket cams, advisable to have adjustable cam pulleys for fine tuning and also aftermarket timing belt like power enterprise or gates racing so that it doesnt break before 80k km... my mechanic told me if i were to fit toda c2 and wanna use honda oem belts, must change every 40k km max.

perhaps u should google for suitable cams for stock bottom B18C-R

b16b piston is a pretty decent upgrade. but quite costly to get it fitted. upah je dah lebih harga piston bro... blom masuk engine oil, gearbox oil, aircond gas etc.

id recommend skipping the b16b piston for now, and get a PnP job done. would be beneficial for the high cams.... b16b piston can masuk later if the engine requires overhauling or something

S300 = good shit.
standard clutch, id recommend something better like the exedy stage 1 or exedy stage 2 (3 or 4 puck) as minimum...but the stock clutch is pretty decent.
h22a injectors oso ok

instead of works, get skunk2 alpha throttle body... and port match ur intake manifold... take note that stock type r intake manifold has a limit it can be port matched... 68mm if not mistaken.... if u get 70mm throttle body, id advise getting skunk2 intake manifold as well and port matching it to 70mm...another favourite option for throttle bodies is the Super90 Throttle body.

spark plugs, up to u... but iinm vtecs use range 7 plugs... OEM plugs are NGK - BCPR7E-11 if not mistaken

timing belt already mentioned above.

air filter again up to ur choice... but... if u have the type r air box... would recommend u check out these DIY Icebox Cold Air Intake mods.
DIY: Icebox how-to - ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum
IMPROVED: DIY "Icebox" style CAI - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

and just change the filter element to something like K&N or something.

aluminium rad is ok... but personally.... stock radiator is good enough... perhaps look into low temp thermostat and low temp fan switch.....but if ur having overheating issues, u should get that sorted first before doing any mods.

arp head stud = good shit.

another thing u should look into is oil pressure. quite important for VTECs.. but usually stock oil pressure is ok for type r as they are supposed to have a higher pressure oil pump. otherwise, there is a simple mod out there that u can do to increase the pressure... involves a washer in the pump.. not sure if its applicable for type r... but try researching it.
very good explanation madman... tq so much... in this situation,what do you think if i just change to one set of pro1 (or pro2)... with standard type r retainer, valve spring and piston? i dont want my car keep in workshop longer than my own garage... hehee. im not jenis yg gila kuasa one, juz sedap bwk and reliable (sometimes can cucuk my fren's b8 210) hehhehe.......

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
wouldnt advise putting in aftermarket cams with stock valve springs.... get the whole set one shot... satu kali keje.

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
tq again madman... maybe i will downgrade the engine, sell the pro3 and install std b18cr cam....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey fellow enthusiast,
I'm currently driving a putra with an auto tranny.I'm thinking of transplanting a 4G93T(GSR).Although i have driven a turbo before but i'm still a novice in the turbo world.I was driving a bolt on turbo which i just bought second hand.Sold it away about 4 years back.
Now what i intend to find out is how much is a half cut of the GSR?What r the rates for the workmanship of the transplant?How much do i have to pay to get the car and the new engine no. to be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience