Bahrain GP back on F1 calendar for 2011

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Despite the threat of a potentially huge backlash, the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council, in a meeting over the weekend, has voted to reinstate the cancelled Bahrain GP back into the Formula One calendar for 2011.

The start to the 2011 Formula One season was delayed when civil unrest in the Gulf Kingdom of Bahrain forced the season-opening Bahrain GP to be called off, with no word on whether it would be postponed or cancelled altogether for the year, at that time. Now, following the meeting, the Bahrain GP has been moved back onto the calendar to 30 October, taking the place of the debut Indian GP.

The Indian GP will now be pushed back to a later date that will coincide with the FIA Annual General Assembly that awards prizes to winners of Formula One and other FIA-sanctioned motor sports events. That date however has yet to be confirmed.

By voting the Bahrain GP back in for 2011, the FIA risks a backlash after the country used lethal force against its own civilians that were protesting. Already, people from within Formula One have begun to speak out with Red Bull’s Mark Webber leading the way, followed by former FIA president Max Mosley.

On a larger scale, word has it that the Formula One Constructors Association, which have yet to officially comment on the matter, might move to boycott the Bahrain GP entirely.

One for sure is that this certainly isn’t the last of the decision to reinstate the Bahrain GP for 2011.

Source: Formula 1

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I hv Lancer CK2A with 4G63T Evo V engine. I wish to find complete full bodykit Evo V.Anybody can help me (except fibre glass) ???:confused: i'm from Sabah.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience