Bad watermarking on windshield due to water collecting

Oct 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I own a CRZ and at the bottom of the front windshield, there a part that always collect water.
And I am not sure if its due to rain water or tap water collecting there. Here's a pic.

Any way i can try to remove it?

Ive tried glass cleaner and elbow grease, but doesnt seem to work at all. Am afraid it might be permenantly marked.

Thanks

Last edited:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
I'm not an expert on this, but i'll probably help out by asking you some questions that might help the rest that have similar problems or could diagnose further (terasa like customer rep pulak :rofl:)

1 - When did you notice it?
2 - Have you consulted your SC about this? What was their response?

I'm a bit confuse when you said that the area seems collects water, but on another statement you mentioned that there's a mark at the screen due to water. I'm going gonna stab in the dark and say that, the mark is caused by the water being collected on that particular spot over time. If what I understand is true;

Have you tried pouring water over that particular area either little or a lot and see how water builds up in that area (build up rate as in slow or fast, and the quantity of water available). Also, how long the water stays there usually until it fully evaporates?

I can only suggest that you bring to your SC if you haven't gone there yet since your car is under warranty (since you said you drive / own a CRZ which fo sure under warranty :biggrin:)

Bakry

Oct 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi BuroQ,

1.I noticed it just now actually.
2. Have yet to consult my SC as i work 6 days a week and my next day off is NEXT tuesday (18th Nov)

I ran my fingers on it and i can feel that its not smooth, as if there is some build up on it.

Sorry if my english is confusing. Lol. But yes, you are right. Whenever it rains, water will slide down the windshield to that funnel area which will then flow into small holes at the bottom. However, a small amount of water will always be left where that water mark is.

The mark wasnt there the last time i washed the car at home, which was like a month ago. Ever since then, ive been sending my car regularly to a detailer for a wash.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve seen Nissan engineers testing cars at famous race tracks such as the Nurburgring and Laguna Seca but that doesn’t mean they’ve stopped using their own private circuits. It seems testing behind the doors at Nissan has become so busy that a fifth test track was required. A new circuit at Oppama, Japan, has now been opened at a cost of €16.2 million.

The Oppama course stretches four kilometers in total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience