B20 modification

crxdelsol

Sep 10, 2009
Singapore
Hi all Vtec sifus, I need some advice. I've just gotten a B20 engine. My current B18CR up lorry. Will be using back B18 head + B20 lower. Any advice on what can I add if I want to achieve at least 200hp NA. Was ask to use type r cams for better torque. As my exhaust set-up is 4-1 extractor, so I guess my mid - high should be good. But because my car is a CRX del sol, I wanna take advantage of the light weight. So I don't wish to lose out on the low-mid. Appreciate if can get good advice. Im on a tight budget. Im from Singapore.

Thank you

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
Heloo bro!..im a b20b owner here~ u want 200hp at least...ur spec can edy laah~..

just up the compression..shud be ok..

crxdelsol

Sep 10, 2009
Singapore
Thanks bros. So what cam should I look for? Should I up my piston to high com since mine is stock now. Also for the ecu, I was advise to get rid of my s200 hondata and swop it for vafc + mugen chip. Is this good? Mine extractor is 4-1. Should I change to 4-2-1? What about the intake manifold and trottle body? I was thinking of switching to type r intake + tb or skunk 2 IM + super 90. Advice? Thanks

crxdelsol

Sep 10, 2009
Singapore
Should I change my extractor from 4-1 to 4-2-1. What size should my mid pipe n muffler be? Can I use ek9 mid pipe which is 2.25 n a eg muffler? Im using hondata s300 now. Cams? What cams should I get? Tight budget. Will type r cams be good enough? How much shoulod I up my comp?

superkoh

Jul 8, 2009
Should I change my extractor from 4-1 to 4-2-1. What size should my mid pipe n muffler be? Can I use ek9 mid pipe which is 2.25 n a eg muffler? Im using hondata s300 now. Cams? What cams should I get? Tight budget. Will type r cams be good enough? How much shoulod I up my comp?

header 4-1

piping 2.5 at least.

muffler straight thru, at least don't have that much restriction.

if you want to hear vtec, skunk2, jun. buddyclub and toda cams are high even for primary and secondary so u can't really hear the crossover that much. nevertheless, its still good.

u need to go with good valve spring retainer too.

comp also depending on your cams, 12.5< should be good, pump octane 97 and above only.

if u want find workshp do you can pm me, singaporean here.

crxdelsol

Sep 10, 2009
Singapore
Guys, I have a real headache issue. Since dropping my ride with B20, I've been having so much problem that my ride went back to the garage 4 times to have it refix. This time, the chief mechanic told me a shocking way to solve the problem. Maybe I shall tell you guys my problem and you can post your advise.

After I've gotten my ride, the temperature very unstable. And I have to top up the coolant/ water in the radiator or reservoir tank every 2 days. So I brought back to them for the 1st time, they checked and say water went into the header. So gasket change. Then took the car back. Same thing after 3 weeks. Again brought back to them, again water inside the head. Yesterday brought the car back to them because Im so sick of it having drop to B20 1 1/2 months back, and the problem not solved. I haven't even tune my ride because no tuner wanna tune it. So the chief mechanic call me and found out the real cause of problem. The metal pipe that channel water from the radiator to the engine corrode and therefore causing a leak, thats why water went into the head. So he say he will change the pipe. What cause me to alarm was, he say need to put double gasket because he cannot skim the head again cause already skimmed before. WTF! How can put 2 gasket. Can I ask him to get me another head? Any guys can share your opinion? Thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, anyone out there know where i can upgrade my waja 1.6 brake? preferably in JB. Coz i found it inefficient during hard braking.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience