B18C for a 1979 1st Generation Honda Accord Sedan ???

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Feb 21, 2004
782
4
5,018
Shah Alam/ KL
I'm driving a 2000 Proton Iswara 1.3...but i have a 1979 Honda Accord which i plan to modify it in future...the car is originally 1.6...i plan to put B18C engine ....maybe wit Jackson Racing Supercharger...any comments ???
 

minivan

1,500 RPM
Senior Member

minivan

1,500 RPM
Senior Member
Jun 11, 2004
1,793
121
3,163
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
With the engine that u plan to plonk in, i don't think the 79' accord is a worthy chassis. Ur gonna have to do so much chassis strengthening.... and one more thing, the 79' accord is not exactly one of the more handsome hondas... just my 2 cents worth..
 

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Thread starter
Feb 21, 2004
782
4
5,018
Shah Alam/ KL
minivan said:
With the engine that u plan to plonk in, i don't think the 79' accord is a worthy chassis. Ur gonna have to do so much chassis strengthening.... and one more thing, the 79' accord is not exactly one of the more handsome hondas... just my 2 cents worth..
Definitely we have to do something to the chasis to hold on the engine....but from wat i realized....everyone is modifying new cars...which is very common....but i love this 79' Honda Accord....and not much ppl like to modify old or classic cars....wanted to do something different than others....a few months ago...i was lepaking infront of AMW near Summit USJ around 12am....last time they use to have drag races after the traffic light....the start to drag after the U-Turn....if u realize...there are quite a number of old cars like 70's Ford Escort n 80's VW Golf which is one of the most powerful car i even seen....hehehehe....tat is why i think i wanted to modify my car.....correct me if i'm wrong....
 

minivan

1,500 RPM
Senior Member

minivan

1,500 RPM
Senior Member
Jun 11, 2004
1,793
121
3,163
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
jeffbboyz said:
Definitely we have to do something to the chasis to hold on the engine....but from wat i realized....everyone is modifying new cars...which is very common....but i love this 79' Honda Accord....and not much ppl like to modify old or classic cars....wanted to do something different than others....a few months ago...i was lepaking infront of AMW near Summit USJ around 12am....last time they use to have drag races after the traffic light....the start to drag after the U-Turn....if u realize...there are quite a number of old cars like 70's Ford Escort n 80's VW Golf which is one of the most powerful car i even seen....hehehehe....tat is why i think i wanted to modify my car.....correct me if i'm wrong....
yeah, i understand where ur coming from, but the 79' accord is not exactly a classic, the Escort, Golf are....
 

Joeker

Walking Dead
Senior Member

Joeker

Walking Dead
Senior Member
Nov 19, 2003
3,581
62
3,148
Jinjang
Visit site
'79 Accord has strong chasis and body. I use to drive one.

THe car is very heavy though. The B18C's power might be sapped by its dead weight.

ANyway. this car is very comfortable and steady on long hauls.
 

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Thread starter
Feb 21, 2004
782
4
5,018
Shah Alam/ KL
Anyhow....just keeping that car for modification....if not...maybe i just change to twin caburators.....which i think is more suitable....
 

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Senior Member

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 18, 2004
1,188
0
3,136
last time i saw someone put B18C in the first generation civic (small small type of civic 2 door one..)

anyone got detail and pictures?
i forgot the site..
 

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Thread starter
Feb 21, 2004
782
4
5,018
Shah Alam/ KL
B18C in 1st generation Civic....can fit hah ? isnt that too big for the car ? but in the latest Motor Trader...someone selling off his 1st generation Civic wit a 1.6 turbo engine....dunno what engine the car using...
 

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Senior Member

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 18, 2004
1,188
0
3,136
can fit.. :) i saw the pic.. :)
very tight space under the bonet.. :D :D
like whole space filled with that engine..

but must be monster car..
anyone got info?
 

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Thread starter
Feb 21, 2004
782
4
5,018
Shah Alam/ KL
hahaha...sorry but i dont have info...but i wish to listen to someone who got info for it....everything is possible in any car...but sure the car modify the mouting kau2....
 

karem

Not Seniorita
Senior Member

karem

Not Seniorita
Senior Member
Jun 8, 2005
567
24
1,518
Kuala Lumpur
putralalala.blogspot.com
i saw too

sam1741 said:
last time i saw someone put B18C in the first generation civic (small small type of civic 2 door one..)

anyone got detail and pictures?
i forgot the site..
aiyah... i saw that too... while cruising cardomain.com...
the car's fitted with all '96 teggy stuffs if not mistaken...
even to the interior... terengganu fella i think...
 

SAO 6418

Known Member
Senior Member

SAO 6418

Known Member
Senior Member
Jun 11, 2005
70
0
1,506
Ipoh
B18C in 1st gen accord! izzit worthy? half-cut alone oledi around 9k (correct me if wrong). u will regreat man! If really convert then better don't think 2 sell it in future coz i see a lot old car convert then go 2 sell it. somemore very expensive one!!!!.

actually i'm drivin old 2nd gen civic. now in the process of dropin in the D15B engine inside, maybe next week will 'kawtim'. B series in old civic like this require a lot of mod, especially the chassis. mine one just 'ngam-ngam' only, also need to 'potong' a bit loh!!! SOHC only.....
 

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Thread starter
Feb 21, 2004
782
4
5,018
Shah Alam/ KL
SAO 6418 said:
B18C in 1st gen accord! izzit worthy? half-cut alone oledi around 9k (correct me if wrong). u will regreat man! If really convert then better don't think 2 sell it in future coz i see a lot old car convert then go 2 sell it. somemore very expensive one!!!!.

actually i'm drivin old 2nd gen civic. now in the process of dropin in the D15B engine inside, maybe next week will 'kawtim'. B series in old civic like this require a lot of mod, especially the chassis. mine one just 'ngam-ngam' only, also need to 'potong' a bit loh!!! SOHC only.....

if i thinking of modifying it...of course there is no regret...by the way...not planning to sell the car off after so many years....modify n use it ...something like a hobby...hehehehe
 

tracer

Junior Member
Senior Member

tracer

Junior Member
Senior Member
Aug 2, 2005
19
0
1,501
Petaling Jaya
Sounds like a cool project. I've always liked old school/classic mods and conversions...I say go after your passion and do it. Leave the haters in the dust!
 

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Senior Member

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 18, 2004
1,188
0
3,136
hahahah
we all waiting the monster 1st gen accord out...
if money no problem put in F20C also can.. hahahahah!!!
 

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Senior Member

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Senior Member
Dec 9, 2003
1,886
81
5,148
Subang
Visit site
anything is possible...but just remember...the parts for the 1gen are damn hard to find...you need to hybrid your braking...you need to customize your suspension....as this car were never made to take this kind of modifications....sure headache later....and confirm wont pass jpj....you'll be driving the car in fear....basket...i know that feeling...ahahhaha
 

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Thread starter
Feb 21, 2004
782
4
5,018
Shah Alam/ KL
SataniC said:
anything is possible...but just remember...the parts for the 1gen are damn hard to find...you need to hybrid your braking...you need to customize your suspension....as this car were never made to take this kind of modifications....sure headache later....and confirm wont pass jpj....you'll be driving the car in fear....basket...i know that feeling...ahahhaha

yup....spare parts damn hard to find....finding the suitable engine is the main problem....if B18C is ok...then good la...but if cant...then B16B....suspension can use TITAN customize suspension....JPJ will be another problem...but if put B16B...then its easier to approve by JPJ.....becoz is 1.6 to 1.6 conversion.....correct me if i'm wrong
 

kekura

Junior Member
Senior Member

kekura

Junior Member
Senior Member
Dec 15, 2005
18
0
1,501
hi.. i own the 1st gen honda accord hatchback 1979 - all original condition. i am interested to get to know others who own the car as well.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Car Modification 18
C Car Modification 58
H Car Modification 49