B16A VTEC N/A? 4AGE 20 Valve (Silvertop/Blacktop)?

trOubLeMakEr_

Known Member
Feb 13, 2009
for me ....
vtec good for drag ..
4AGE engine is good for long distance ride ....
both is good for me :driver::driver::driver:

May 4, 2009
for me i go for BT.. Love your own hahaa.. honestly stock to stock my votes go for BT as per my experience. but fot ST vs B16 bye bye silver...

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
BUMP !! I heard black top is MUCH more rare than silver top. Silver top is selling ar RM3300-3800. Black top? Any idea? Installation how much?
wow.. didn't know that SVT cost that much already, maybe the half-cut is getting lesser and
lesser.. BT or SVT installation cost arnd rm1.8k to rm2k depends on where is the mech..
and make sure u ask the mech carefully if he do the engine/ecu wiring himself or not.. if sub-contracted to other wiring man to do, then u should avoid ...
go to the toyota sub forums, plenty of info there.. survey and read more b4 u decide. :)

-The civic looks nicer & will handle a bit better than an SEG (AE101).
-Stock vs stock, the B16A will be more fun to play with, rev happier & sounds awesome at top speed. The 4AGE has a little more torque lower down in the RPM & offer a smoother, duller ride. not so exciting like the VTEC open pushback feeling. B16A beats SVT overall.
-When u drive like a petrolhead who loves VTEC or VVT, no amount of engineering can save u any more fuel than ur right foot can :biggrin:. Both engines can have VERY good consumption when driven with the proper attitude in mind. Even the VTEC system was actually designed with fuel savings in mind, which everyone tends to forget. No use comparing fuel consumption unless u find someone who owns BOTH cars n drive them equally hard/gentle. that person's answer is the only one u shud trust. im sorry i cant.

SVT will have some weird metal gadget thingie with sensors n wiring sockets just after the air filter/filter box. thats the Air Flow Meter (AFM). The Plenum box covering the 4 throttle bodies will be neat, rounded & has a square slot that usually has a sticker plaque with "4THROTTLE" written on it.

BTs will have nothing mechanical or electronic between the air filter/box until the plenum cover, just the rubber hose. BT Plenum intake covers are boring, looks functional & plain without any writing or adornment. It is also has visible rib grooves up top & werent really designed to please the eyes.

There will be little chance to be confused with ppl interchanging these parts bcoz throttle body sizes for SVT n BT are different, therefore even the plenum boxes cant be easily interchanged or mistakenly fitted. Unless of coz, somebody takes a whole BT throttle assembly n puts it on a SVT head then sells it... haha thats too bad then :thefinger:
well said. mate ! :adore:

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
both engine are good engine
please dont comparelah.......
if want to buy toyota then use blacktop 6speed:rofl:
if choose honda use b16b:smokin:
No problem....but if you use b series in seg or otherways
then dunnolah....:confused:
its just $$$$$ talk:rofl:

Mar 21, 2008
If u love havoc, get VTEC

If u prefer reliablity, get a 4AGE 20valve

trdcelica

Apr 12, 2009
go for vtec if you want performance....aftermarket parts are easier to find whereas 4age does not have that much of aftermarket parts..b16a drag very good
but i think 4age has a better fuel consumption..long ride better than b16a

correct me if i'm wrong

Wira_lover

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
b16 is also a very reliable engine...many of my friends have been using this engine for a long period of time....and the engine is often pushed to its limits..My vote definitly EG 4 Doors.In terms of performance and also reliability.Petrol,like everybody mention is all up to the driver's right foot.if youre patient enough,you can achieve wonders...dont engage your vtec and you'll be pleased with the mileage USUALLY. :D

Anyway, Mr.Ensei, have you made up your mind? Have you gotten the car already? please do update with what car you went with and how you actually feel about the car.It will be interesting to know your thoughts.

Thanks.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
If wanna play NA... v.tex is the best in my opinion.. got many potential areas to tweak... from EF,EG to ek models... infact the prices are still maintaining quite expensive for a used EG n EF if compare other makes of same age... their depreciation value is much slower than other makes of equivalent cc... even most wira/proton owners i'v met hv traded their cars for an eg/ek n sum even for an ef for an upgrade...

BT is good as well... but hard to find performance parts..
usually its rare n expensive.. sumtimes hv to fabricate.. n toyotas does not hv many models that can fit a BT without hassle... but i never doubt a toyotas reliability on engine... it has been great through out the years.. up till the current Vios...

Honda wins in body design as well.. while toyota design is a bit less attractive n more conservative look... but that is more on taste n view of preference...

race_parts

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2009
blogspot.com
Hi,

1) In terms about power n easy access to parts I would recommend you to go for Vtec B series. FYI all the parts from B16A/B to B18C parts can be rojak and interchange. Also loads of parts available for Honda B series. 4AG power is smooth when the VVti is activated , wherelse the Vtec's are explosive !!!! Stock 4AG are no where near Vtecs..sorry to say so , even as me myself was driving a silvertop before :(

2) To differentiate a AE101 Silvertop and Ae111 Blacktop is easy.....look out for the Air Flow sensor just after the airfilter. If you are looking to play a 4AG, go for the blacktop as it has a slightly higher hp and the AF on silvertop very kacau. I used to play a 4AG silvertop with the AF taken out , as I was using a stand alone FREEDOM ECU which enables me to do so.

GasPedal

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
If u want more pickup, go for b16a, plus the vtec engagement "praaaanggg" sound really nice.
In wikipedia clearly stated b16a jdm is 174hp, while 4age blacktop just 163hp.
But b16a halfcut currently is quite expensive rm8k~9k around Sungai Petani Kedah area.
1.6 4g92mivec 172hp around rm9k.
My 4age blacktop 5speed just rm4000 (installed dec2008).
Blacktop 6speed with lsd one is rm6000.
Halfcut seller nowadays really tekan harga due to jpj banning of 2liter.
Did u notice their big ugly smile when u agree to buy those halfcut?

More power = more $$$

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been puzzled by this blog sometime.. just want to know? is this another Mazidul in English?

malaysiaairlinesfamilies | The fights against Tony Fernandez for corrupting Malaysia Airlines

*if true he is from Malaysia Airlines, why the hell he did not help the airlines be better instead of being a keyboard warrior?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience