B16A To B18CR ?

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
Hi guys,

I am just wondering which would be a better choice, buying a B18CR straight away for RM 16 k, or buying a B16A, then modifying it.

However,theres a few things i am unsure about.If i buy the B16A, and put in my own custom Cams,ECU,crank and change the Head from B16A to B20B or B18C, will it be better or equal than the B18CR ? Also,lets say if i buy the B16A, can i rebuild it to B18CR for a cheaper price than buying the whole B18CR complete engine ?

Lastly,can someone give me a break down on what the Engine block and head is made of ?

Engine block = Pistons,Piston rods ... ?
Engine Head = Camshafts,crankshafts,valve,valve springs... ?

Those above parts of the engine is crucial in improving engine performance right?So that means,i can use a B16A and even make it out perform a K20A just by changing the above parts to the "best" ones there are in the market? And that also means that a standard B16A can be rebuilt into a B18CR just by changing the vital parts to similar parts or better of a B18CR ?

Any advice on this matter and engine conversions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks bros !

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
white_bird said:
my advise.. B20B rojak!
B16A - B20B rojak ? Is that a good choice?Will that be better than a B18CR ? Lets say both are HEAVILY MODDIFIED...

THanks for response bro !

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
B18C Type R, better choice... no need change this change that... less headache.. if u rojak it will cost u more in a long run... B16A to 2L idle also like want to mati mati.. then to stable it need to spend money again 4 ecu, piggy bag n etc... so i think B18C Type R will b the best choice.. but depending on ur budget also.. if u think u want to R&D then, B16A ---> 2L.. :smile: if u those dowan headache then u know wat im goin to say rite.... all the best!! hope u make the rite 1, n dun regret like me.. :frown:

crxr

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
If got budget, go for K20a, newer engine n more fun 2 play but will run in between rm20k - 25k install stock standard.

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
u want kao tim 1 time then b18c-R lor.. but some ppl like to modify.. really modify.. from 1.6 change block to 2.0.. ermm.. how to say.. more challenge n satisfaction i think..

HanafyEG

500 RPM
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
change the block to b20b..no hassle at all..the block with internal would only take 1 month to prepare..at the mean time u can just use ur current engine for a while..then when the block finish, just sent ur car to fix it..it would take about 3-4 days only..i did it last time for RM6k..still using it now..no problem..the tork is awesome man..

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
Thanks for the responses guys.

Am i confused when i say Engine Head is made up of Cams,Cam pulleys,Valve retainers and springs..etc ?

Or is the engine head a part of its own ? Like engine head is engine head, just 1 piece of metal ? =P

Or i need a BIGGER head to fit in the better cams ? Just like i need a BIGGER block to fit bigger and higher compression pistons ? =P

Last edited:

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
cam pulley, camshaft. valve n so on is in the head... thats all component of the head.. without that the car will never start :biggrin: o move... all that move mechanicaLLy by the timing belt o chain...

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
HanafyEG said:
change the block to b20b..no hassle at all..the block with internal would only take 1 month to prepare..at the mean time u can just use ur current engine for a while..then when the block finish, just sent ur car to fix it..it would take about 3-4 days only..i did it last time for RM6k..still using it now..no problem..the tork is awesome man..
Bro!,

Where did you do the mods man? care to share it with the benefit of others?

poison

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
hanafyEG has a monster civic there....don siao siao ...hear at his advice la HANJACKAL...its worth...y not jz modify it into a v-tec turbo? b18c turbo?

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
hahhaa..listen to hanafyeg dude...he's damn rite about the b16a+b20B...ehehehe.....want more?..turbocharge it!!...then, after that..u car can fly.....

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
Hmm....So i buy a B16A half cut and just throw in a B20B head? No additional mods needed to allow the B20B to run properly ? Will the pistons be too high a compression and end up spoiling the engine or making the Engine lag ?

Let me know please...Also, where do i get the B20B conversion done? And what do i do with my B16A block after i throw b20B inside ?

Thanks !

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
dude.. it's B16A head n B20B block..
high compression wont make ur "engine lag".. haha,.. u tot turbo engine ar?? high compression is good for NA..

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
actually u got it confuse hanjackal.

u goin to mate your B16A head with B20B block. that's where all your massive torque come from kekek...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

https://youtu.be/l-zDt9FGJi8

This is the difference..pretty interesting to learn this. izso you knew about this?

I love it when people tell me that their Sumo engine oil, their "racing" oil, or their JTX engine oil damn good.

A glimpse inside Mobil 1, and I believe the big boys like Shell, Total, Castrol would have something similar in terms of R&D.

Oh, and keep your "race proven" engine oils. Race engines are rebuilt annually or after EVERY RACE. So unless you rebuild...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience