AXT brakes advice

dr.who

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
Hello everyone,

Need any feedback / advice regarding AXT brake pads and discs.

Are they ok! is the price affordable.

I'm driving a satria 1.3, may I know what is the suitable and affortable brakes in the market for replacing my wearing out brakes?

Hope to get advices from anyone.

TQ.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i used axt rotor+pads setup a long time ago. really really satisfied. full 100% all out corner attack downhill genting, absolutely no brake fade. 10 consecutive laps sepang circuit, absolutely no hint of brakes giving up. street driving, excellent. it does require some warming up from cold but nothing to worry...

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
AXT brake Rotor and Brake Pad for my gen2, front only. Working fine for me. Few trip to genting and cameron, no problem.:proud:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Bro khoyos, really that good ah? cos now i m looking for new rotor and pad also... instead of changing better pad and rotor, my fren suggest me change to whole set evo3, but then my ori caliper ll be waste... so still wondering now...

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
yeap, damn nice. but then, i also used twinpot+project mju rotor n pads. even nicer hehehehehe.

depends on what engine u have.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
zac: for street use, twinpot better. for race use, race rotor + race pad better. do remember that twinpot suffer from rotor warping issues for heavy trackday/downhill touge activities. i personally used 2 sets of stock rotors before upgrading to project mju rotor.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
i used axt rotor+pads setup a long time ago. really really satisfied. full 100% all out corner attack downhill genting, absolutely no brake fade. 10 consecutive laps sepang circuit, absolutely no hint of brakes giving up. street driving, excellent. it does require some warming up from cold but nothing to worry...
What car are you driving, Khoyos ?

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Project Mu calipers and pads are some serious hardware, and the fact he took it to Sepang for trackdays, so I am guessing his car is a performance vehicle and I'm interested to know what car because ultimately I'm interested in the quality of AXT rotors that held up to his brand car.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Project Mu calipers and pads are some serious hardware, and the fact he took it to Sepang for trackdays, so I am guessing his car is a performance vehicle and I'm interested to know what car because ultimately I'm interested in the quality of AXT rotors that held up to his brand car.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
used AXT rotor+pads on my old n ugly proton saga 4g15
used twinpot +project mju rotor+pads on my old n ugly mitsu lancer 4g61

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
zac: for street use, twinpot better. for race use, race rotor + race pad better. do remember that twinpot suffer from rotor warping issues for heavy trackday/downhill touge activities. i personally used 2 sets of stock rotors before upgrading to project mju rotor.
Bro Khoyos, is it mean that those multi-pot caliper suits street use but ori caliper + race pad + race rotor is better for track use and downhill?? i thought multi-pot is the best compared to big single piston... anyway, my car is wira mivec 1.6 na-tune, still wondering wanna turbocharge or not even though i already collect enough parts.. : )

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
street car: heavy with audio, carpeting, subwoofers, amps, sport seats, nodding dog at the dashboard, undercarriage neos, bling bling 17inch or 18inch rims etc, so need something capable of stopping big big loads...

track use car: simple, no nonsense. not as heavy as full street car. single pot 1.6 calipers is surprisingly superb, if matched with race discs n pads. plus race quality materials that can last for a very long time under heavy stress.

even though twinpot has greater braking power, it may fade earlier than race setup single pot due to the compounds of friction materials n discs that are not capable of withstanding very high temperature...

p/s look at all those merdeka race cars (wira/satria/putra) almost all of them use single pot. try to drive one of those cars, and just be amazed at what single pot can offer. after that, try installing the same brake system on our street cars, and be frightened by the lack of power on heavy load...

p/s2 want the best of both worlds? try something called "nissan 4 pot" matched with aftermarket rotors n pads. i'm using nissan 4 pot now, hopefully budget permits me to try another brand of rotors+pads...

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
4 pots usually comprise of smaller pistons over an average area right? As compared to twin-pots of the same size? Better spread of force over a small area I supposed?
Or am I totally wrong? :frown:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
used AXT rotor+pads on my old n ugly proton saga 4g15
used twinpot +project mju rotor+pads on my old n ugly mitsu lancer 4g61
:laugh:

There is no need to qualify everything with an "old n ugly" description. What are you ashamed of ? hehe

I know plenty of folks who drive souped up Protons and old Mitsus which are so nicely done up, that I prefer these to the 'more branded newer' cars

Anyway, I drive an Iswara and I always have a preference for 'sleeper'-type vehicles, which is the direction to which I am modding my ride.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

advise needed - mitsu galant 76

hi guyz....need help or advise here. plannin to get a mitsu galant 1976. any idea wat can i do with the car in terms of anything at all.

engine swap, upgrades.....lsd.....etc....watever u guyz can tell me plz go ahead. good or bad...all accepted. :biggrin:

thanks in advance!!!

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience