Auto Transmission Rebuild

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
I used to post in this section but Mr Moderator moved me to Perdana V6 section. I prefer to be here so I'll start writing here instead. No offence to the other forums, but I think it will be better to stick to DIYers.

I am so embarrased to tell you that I haven't gone very far with this project. Been so busy with a new born and all. All I have done is cleaning the alloyed Al housing (even that I am not done yet). You can see I have two spare F4A23s. Don't ask me why I bought two. Maybe still thinking of my younger days when I had the time to work on two projects at once. So my progress? Errrmmm, still cleaning outer housing with diesel and metal brushes.

Space? I'll have to make some and fight with my wife's laundry area. I know I won't win, but the metal will be too heavy and dirty for her to touch so I doubt she'll remove it herself if I ate into her space.

Oh, and thought I'll just show you the special tools that I have prepared for this job. Not the normal tools. Some I had, some I bought and some I made myself. Even this is not complete. I'll need to modify as I go along, especially the bearing and seal installers.

Last edited:

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
Yeah, dry ice, sure you can. But normally not required. Normally, installing by force is sufficient. I've only ever used dry ice or liq nitrogen with the big machines in industry.

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
Just to show you the rebuild kit that I will use for this job. It's from Precision International (USA) @ RM550. It's a master kit, which means it includes all metals and brake band.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just got my car a new paint. Very shinny now. Do I still need to wax it so that it can has one layer of extra protection? Paint shop say no need wo. What do you think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience