auto to manual gearbox conversion

skyline_maniac

www.trevormoorehouse.i8.com
hey guys.....hope u all can help me out here...
may i know how much will it normally cost for labour fees to convert my auto gearbox to manual? just the workmanship....
how long will it takes for the conversion to complete? days?
and heard from someone that the value of auto G/B is slightly higher than manual G/B...is that true?
how much is the market price now if i were to sell off my auto gearbox?
by the way i am driving a wira 96 carb model....

thanx guys....:)

lampakia

Oct 5, 2004
erm..auto gb is cheaper then manual cuz alot of pple dun wan auto gb.but there is some pple want an auto gb.correct me if im wrong. if u wan to convert ur gb, my mech is charging rm200 for converting the gb.should take around 1 to 2 days.

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
ei...evo 3 monsta...ahahha...wanna change gearbox edi ar?made up ur mind?ehehhe

wat engine u using 1st..?
if its 1.6...then u can get alvin24 manual gb....its pump type...
try ask him 4 price loh...

i got my manual gb at 650....cable type...

dhiarith

Jun 15, 2005
cheras
I want to sell my manual gearbox complete with pedal and gear lever(with cable)....gearbox type cable....u need all these 3 stuff if u want to convert to manual....the price is RM650....if u r interested cal me 0126358421

skyline_maniac

www.trevormoorehouse.i8.com
thanx guys for ur feedbacks... :)

lampakia bro.....where is ur mech's workshop?

yong tai ko.....hahhaha my car where got Evo3 monster wei...still 4G15 only nia....auto somemore...damn underpower....lol
yea i already asked alvin about the conversion fees....
i planning to take G4's g/b if it suits my budget.....
u know anywhere cheap and reliable to convert in klang or bukit kemuning?

dhiarith bro.....thanx for the offer....but i already have a g/b in mind....hehe
if i change my mind....i will give u a call.... btw ur gb is from which year?

amad108..

Jul 27, 2004
try to not take the cabel one, what will happen is ur sidewall inside engine bay will carck if u use cable clucth, n when ur speeding the hot air from engine will directly goes inside which u will feel hot at ur foot.. this thing happen to my car, if the pump clucth is expensive but it's still reliable compare cable one.... i got gearbox ONLY cabel type rm380 at chop shop coz other parts i got it already... n for clucth pump hard to find below rm1000 for 1.6 version, if 1.5 i think can...

for clucth pump it's difficult to find the pedal for it, n so far i cannot found any chop shop wanna sell the pedal only... so wanna use clucth pump better buy 4G91 halfcut it's easier....

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
the firewall prob can be kau tim 1....i ask my mech 2 weld a big piece of thick metal...so the firewall wont crack anymore...
the sumore cable clutch got 1 advantage which is tat u can adjust the feel of ur clutch...high o low....
the onli prob i met so far is just tat not wise 2 put racing clutch....the cable might snap...

sumore skyline....this is my opinion onli lah...u c...since manual gearbox wit hydraulic pump is about 1.6k like our fren said...its betetr 2 go 4 4g91 manual half cut...wat u get xtra is driveshaft...dash board...lower arm...steering rack...digital air cond...damn a lot lah...so i think its ok 4 4g91 loh...cheap onli mah the half cut...

alvin24

Where? Wah... 1.6k for gearbox... mivec LSD gearbox meh? Where got so expensive! =Þ

If anybody wants clutch pump gearbox full set previously used on 4G91... I have. =Þ Looking at somewhere around 1.3k with installation plus minus lar.

Since wanna change gearbox liau, might as well go straight for clutch pump loh... pay a couple hundred more, but at least u know u confirm won't regret mar. Better than u get cable liau, cheap is cheap la... later firewall crack, cable putus...etc etc... =Þ then only wanna start to regret not doing meh? Cable can't use racing clutch summore... confirm can't take the amount of tension wan. IF u ask me, just save up a little more, then settle it once and for all.

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
haahha... tat rm 1.6k is not i quote punya man..ahaha
other ppl say 1....i just take like prepare 1.6k so there might be left over o so loh...

in the last month,my car headlamp and tail light bulb have reach its end.last week i notice that everytime i shift into the reverse gear,it doesnt make the reverse sound and the reverse light also doesnt light up.currently the problem is still on going.does the sound only comes out when the reverse light is on?