Auto Express 2018 Summer Tyre Test

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91870/tyre-test-2018-results-by-category

Overall
1st Continental 100%
=2nd Dunlop 99.70%
=2nd Michelin 99.70%
4th Goodyear 99.50%
=5th Falken 99.30%
=5th Pirelli 99.30%
7th Bridgestone 98.90%
8th Hankook 98.80%
9th Nokian 98.50%
10th Avon 96.30%

So this time the PS4 lost to CPC6! Unfortunately stupid Continental Malaysia doesn't seem to want to bring in the CPC6 but instead just rely on the MC6!

Another point to note is again how the FK510 is becoming the new best bang for the buck as it finished in the top 5 just beaten by other well known and more expensive tires while itself is the 2nd cheapest tire on this test. Btw Falken Malaysia facebook has formally posted the introduction of this tire now.

Final point to note is the Hankook S1E2 is still a solid contender despite it being a much older model. If read closely the review, it only finished down in 8th due to the relatively poor fuel economy but it performed well in all other performance related criteria. So if you're like me who doesn't really care about tire's fuel economy, this tire should still be very high on the list to consider.

Reactions: vr2turbo

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
CPC6 now can fight PS4, where CSC6 was the actual contender last time.
Conti MY website got feature CPC6 woh....

Falken lost on noise....lol

I am surprise Hankook is expensive, in fact second most expensive...:confused:

Also wonder why they use Bridgestone Turanza and not Potenza range?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Considering the location, I'm not surprised Hankook is so expensive. We should look at the performance and noise of these tyres, not at the price mah @vr2turbo

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
CPC6 now can fight PS4, where CSC6 was the actual contender last time.
Conti MY website got feature CPC6 woh....

Falken lost on noise....lol

I am surprise Hankook is expensive, in fact second most expensive...:confused:

Also wonder why they use Bridgestone Turanza and not Potenza range?
Considering the location, I'm not surprised Hankook is so expensive. We should look at the performance and noise of these tyres, not at the price mah @vr2turbo
Hopefully Conti MY will really bring in CPC6, not just show on the website like CPC5! For Conti, they also have the Extreme Contact Sport though, which is priced just under the PS4 or about the same.

I don't care as much for noise so the FK510 is very high on my list now.

Hankook price here is cheap though, so that should still be high on the list for consideration too.

Potenza has no new models, that's why! Their latest are just the RE003 and S001 which are considered ancient already by now! It seems also that BS is trying to upscale the Turanza line to compete in UHP range, just like Conti with the new CPC6.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is the problem with these tyre test, they take everything into consideration, so as bro. 6UE5t mentioned, read and take what you want from the test, like Falken noisy, don't care.....hhahahhahahah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Now while playing it safe isn’t always the most sexciting option, sometimes taking the secure route is the logical choice as secure and safe is most likely the dependable selection as well. And you can’t go wrong with dependable, especially in regards to picking a car based on your monthly pay...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience