ATF leakage on my old perdana..HELP plz!

kokchiew2

May 4, 2005
Penang!!!!
Need help and guidance....brought the car to dunlop klinikcar...and the mechanic told me dat the whole transmission need to change including the gears+torque converter.....wad is see is the AFT leak from the engine's flywheel side ..in between the transmission...does the damage torque converter will effect the gears?....bcoz i felt my gear are still in good condition....

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Probably leak from the cooling hoses?

If you look properly... there should 2 hoses from A/T to the radiator. Check those. It is made of rubber and overtime, it requires a replacement.

If ATF leaked completely, the gears won't engage... happened to my Galant E55A back in 2000.

kokchiew2

May 4, 2005
Penang!!!!
acbc said:
Probably leak from the cooling hoses?

If you look properly... there should 2 hoses from A/T to the radiator. Check those. It is made of rubber and overtime, it requires a replacement.

If ATF leaked completely, the gears won't engage... happened to my Galant E55A back in 2000.

My perdana gear can change it self as normal n down shift when braking as normal....but it jus leak a lot of red AFT between the engine's flywheel with the transmission gear box.....being told to change the whole transmission unit...cost me abt RM2200(gears+torque converter+1month guaranteed)...isit possible to change the torque converter only..?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
High chances leaking from the cooling hoses since the gears are shifting normally (as you claimed). No need to change GB.

For A/T, must change whole unit because everything is integrated.

kokchiew2

May 4, 2005
Penang!!!!
acbc said:
High chances leaking from the cooling hoses since the gears are shifting normally (as you claimed). No need to change GB.

For A/T, must change whole unit because everything is integrated.
i tink is the A/T....jus now the mechanic showed me the torque converter's(T/C) oil seal was broken effected the seals to leak ATF from the T/C which is joined with the engine's flywheel...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Everyone seems to like it but i see it as just another proton with a different name. IMO i dont think that Persona is going to sell successfully, just as the proton canselor ( or how do you spell this ). I was hoping to see another model completely. I havent seen it in real life yet so i cant quite judge, but still i have only seen a canselor once since its launch. anyone seen a canselor more than once on the roads?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience