Are Lightweight Rims worth the investment?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
How the hell u guys drive 4 years with 1 set of tyres? I change 2 pcs every half a year.
Huh so fast?? What tires do you use and how many km travelled yearly? For me, I use UHP tires with tread wear around 280-320, roughly can last 40-50k km. I do rotation every 20k km.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
How the hell u guys drive 4 years with 1 set of tyres? I change 2 pcs every half a year.
Drive like normal drivers do. I get about 50 to 60K mileage for each tyre change. and using eco tyres XM2.
talking about tyres. i note now tyres starts their life when installed on rims. so instead of getting less than a yr / half yr fresh tyre. you can get 2 yrs made tyre and use it for 4 yrs or until it wear or 40/50K km

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Drive like normal drivers do. I get about 50 to 60K mileage for each tyre change. and using eco tyres XM2.
talking about tyres. i note now tyres starts their life when installed on rims. so instead of getting less than a yr / half yr fresh tyre. you can get 2 yrs made tyre and use it for 4 yrs or until it wear or 40/50K km
i think depends on the tires compound oso. i bought toyo NE03 for my wife citra, year 2016, installed 2017. 4 years use the thread still thick but the compound harden. also maybe due to bad suspension and 1 slightly bengkok rims, after swap new suspension can feel the tires pulling everywhere even after done alignment twice. now swap to yokohama ES32 year 2019. let's see how long this one last. :laughing:

oh, the citra is on 195/60r15 with new set of china/taiwan re30 copy. hahaha
1.jpeg

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Huh so fast?? What tires do you use and how many km travelled yearly? For me, I use UHP tires with tread wear around 280-320, roughly can last 40-50k km. I do rotation every 20k km.
TR1, ATR Sport, both hard tyres but still eat a lot, i guess car heavy and kuat cornering lol.
I follow VR2turbo's advice, just use the fronts till botak since its FWD. then swap the rear to front.
Changing a pair soon. Take my usual speed at corner already making noise ahahha

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
TR1, ATR Sport, both hard tyres but still eat a lot, i guess car heavy and kuat cornering lol.
I follow VR2turbo's advice, just use the fronts till botak since its FWD. then swap the rear to front.
Changing a pair soon. Take my usual speed at corner already making noise ahahha
TR1 is 280 TW so a bit softer but ATR is 400 so should last long enough. My Mark X also never rotate because staggered wheel sizes but the wear is quite even hence all 4 can last at least 2-3 years with 300 TW tires. Probably you drive too fast! I drive slow2 only, typical uncle drive. Lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
[/QUOTE]
I tot thats the
TR1 is 280 TW so a bit softer but ATR is 400 so should last long enough. My Mark X also never rotate because staggered wheel sizes but the wear is quite even hence all 4 can last at least 2-3 years with 300 TW tires. Probably you drive too fast! I drive slow2 only, typical uncle drive. Lol
Frm my exp using normal tires, high speed drives does not have significant increase in wear. Its weight and cornering. I got a friend shod his Honda Stream with Toyo TR1 (or is it T1R...the older model) and that lasted just abt 1 year. That car is loaded most of the time.Total mileage is well below 40k km.

4x4 tires are an exception. I am referring to 4x4 and not SUV. AT tires seems to last long, quite long actually. Its either due to the at least 4x thicker thread (compared to car tires) depth or different compound. Other HT tires seems to wears out like a normal car HP tires.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I tot thats the
Frm my exp using normal tires, high speed drives does not have significant increase in wear. Its weight and cornering. I got a friend shod his Honda Stream with Toyo TR1 (or is it T1R...the older model) and that lasted just abt 1 year. That car is loaded most of the time.Total mileage is well below 40k km.

4x4 tires are an exception. I am referring to 4x4 and not SUV. AT tires seems to last long, quite long actually. Its either due to the at least 4x thicker thread (compared to car tires) depth or different compound. Other HT tires seems to wears out like a normal car HP tires.
Weight and especially how aggressive you corner dictate a lot on tire wear. Cornering hard usually wears out more on the outer treads though.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hope this post will answer some of your questions in mind.

Where is it suppose to be connected?

I had a debate with a friend of mine who question my OCT connection which I installed recently. I had connected it in between the driver side head cover outlet (PCV?) & to the manifold. Is the installation correct? I think it is if according to this post ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience