Are Lightweight Rims worth the investment?

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
depends on the design. i've seen auto option rpf1 design weight less than 6kg.

advanti only this design weights 4.9kg for 15" no? i searched other design, 79B storm S1 also about 10lbs (4.6kg). but i dont really like the design on advantis.
here is the weight
Advanti.S1.weight.PNG

Reactions: sanekit

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
the 79B storm S1, maybe i dont mind having it. haha
Nice wor. I wouldn't mind having it. If it's cheaper than RPF1, definitely take these.

Reactions: sanekit

koshin

Known Member
Feb 1, 2018
Vietnam
lower unsprung mass will always be a benefit.
- more quicker response when accelerating and braking
- you might feel steering is sharper/lighter

disadvantages - potentially easier to crack and break (depending on brand and tyre profile) when impacted by potholes and stuff.

Just make sure you opt for a reputable brand and model.
we no pro racer so we dont really feel much.. and comparing the 8MR from RG to taiwan i don think can feel anything also. rims are all bling bling la. sometime i wonder does it justify the value. The EF with 15" regamaster also like meh even on sepang. just buy any rim you think its nice and you really want la. no point buying light like nike air but fugly and everyday moan about it. so... like i said its not worth it- unless you track. but even u track you wanna go for strong rigid rims and not light weight. maybe its just me

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
we no pro racer so we dont really feel much.. and comparing the 8MR from RG to taiwan i don think can feel anything also. rims are all bling bling la. sometime i wonder does it justify the value. The EF with 15" regamaster also like meh even on sepang. just buy any rim you think its nice and you really want la. no point buying light like nike air but fugly and everyday moan about it. so... like i said its not worth it- unless you track. but even u track you wanna go for strong rigid rims and not light weight. maybe its just me
just as what ixeo mentioned, buy the best tyres which make more differences:burnout:

Reactions: koshin

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I feel 16" is not worth it, because the tyre price is almost same as 17", and 17" is visually nicer. 16" always been the odd duck for tyre sizing and price in Malaysia.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, i'm planning to buy a new engine on my wira aeroback 1.3..going for half-cut....my choice is Mivec 1.6+rear breakdisk but without putting in the dashboard,and bodykit to save my $$$$...i'm preparing about 7k in about 4 month...is it possible to get a rear breakdisk and mivec engine for only 7k...can u advise how much money should i prepare....

and can you guys list down what kind of meter can i put into my car ofter my mivec transplant example = autotimer,mivec...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience