Any Proton Preve user here?

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Just wanna ask anybody own a Proton Preve before and what is the biggest issue you have faced?

I am just consider to change my Old car for a New Preve 2018. Since my budget is only around that price range for a new car.
If you are asking why not choose the New myvi or Persona because I my old car is a myvi so skip that:laugh:.Persona I will consider also but since I have a oppotunity to change to a new car so I might choose a more powerful car:driver:

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Have you test driven it? Biggest issue is utter crap stock tires. Like really, most rubbish tires I’ve ever had the experience of driving with.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Just wanna ask anybody own a Proton Preve before and what is the biggest issue you have faced?

I am just consider to change my Old car for a New Preve 2018. Since my budget is only around that price range for a new car.
If you are asking why not choose the New myvi or Persona because I my old car is a myvi so skip that:laugh:.Persona I will consider also but since I have a oppotunity to change to a new car so I might choose a more powerful car:driver:
1 friend of mine had one, it think its 4 or 5 years old with about 200k km on the odo.
Only problem so far is it jerk and die at crawling speed recently.after cleaning the throttle body and some tuning, its gone.

The center plastic dash tend to break near the button stack. but not rattling so far.

If u can afford the latest facelift Preve then go ahead.it has leather and proper headrest instead of neck rest on the Persona.
The facelift comes with 17inch so i am unsure how it will affect the ride.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
1 friend of mine had one, it think its 4 or 5 years old with about 200k km on the odo.
Only problem so far is it jerk and die at crawling speed recently.after cleaning the throttle body and some tuning, its gone.

The center plastic dash tend to break near the button stack. but not rattling so far.

If u can afford the latest facelift Preve then go ahead.it has leather and proper headrest instead of neck rest on the Persona.
The facelift comes with 17inch so i am unsure how it will affect the ride.
I was attract by the facelift model. They have alot of stuff inside it and also they say they have improved the nvh and the engine mount to reduce rattling. So I am very interested in it.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
It's a good car. Dont buy new. Get a used unit. Those are selling for 20+K. Best bang for buck

2nd hand I just scared the engine mount issues face by a lot of people. So I might consider a new one since they have improved the engine mount issue and the NVH.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
2nd hand I just scared the engine mount issues face by a lot of people. So I might consider a new one since they have improved the engine mount issue and the NVH.
I dont have much NVH issues. Just get it sound proofed. With regards to engine mounts, it's only RM300 for a set of new ones. How often do you reckon you will replace it?

20K is a huge difference from 70K

Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

As long as you follow the recommended oil change intervals and change to proper oils and specifications you'll be fine. Most of the issues that was faced by the earlier batch Preves have been fixed. Like gearbox breather location that sucks up water when driving over flooded roads, TCU screwing up, oil catching and clogging the sensors around the intake area, popping out water hoses, popping out intercooler (?) hoses and constantly breaking power windows

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I own a first batch unit. 80K km now. Never had issues with breaking power windows. Misaligned yes. Broken no.Didnt have gearbox sucking up water despite our rainy weather. Last when I checked 2 days ago, also didnt have oil clogging up the turbo inlet. Intercooler hoses hasnt popped out. Nothing major thus far. Only time I got stuck was when the plastic bush in the gear selector broke.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
I own a first batch unit. 80K km now. Never had issues with breaking power windows. Misaligned yes. Broken no.Didnt have gearbox sucking up water despite our rainy weather. Last when I checked 2 days ago, also didnt have oil clogging up the turbo inlet. Intercooler hoses hasnt popped out. Nothing major thus far. Only time I got stuck was when the plastic bush in the gear selector broke.
I will look for it. But still a new car my 1st choice because family having some issue owning a 2nd hand car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.

Im looking at Clifford, Viper and Commando.
Most important feature for me is 2-way, shock sensor and starter kill.
I dont need remote start since its merely a luxury but not a necessity though the brands above carry this feature.

What d'ya think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience