Any Mitsubishi GTO owners in Klang Valley?

gbajien

Aug 29, 2012
Selangor
Are there any GTO owners here in Klang Valley active on forums?

Would like to start a discussion thread on our awesome 90's Jap turbo sportscar :biggrin:

and who knows, we could start a club of our own someday and do some tours

*like the Thailand GTO & FTO community:
https://sites.google.com/site/prosacthai/testimonials-1
(they even produce custom parts for the GTO, and are active in motorshows and the Thai car forum, Siamspeed)

Japanese GTO tuner: http://www.pitroadm.com/public/newframe3.htm
their first fully tuned GTO back in 2006: [ FEATURED VEHICLES | PitroadM M-Golden Hayabusa GTO Ver.3 [Z16A] ] J.D.M. OPTION INTERNATIONAL

Its high time we give our cars some exposure, as its ridiculous to see strong GTO owner's clubs in UK, USA, and Japan, and even Thailand! but we've none here in Malaysia

I've spotted a few GTOs here in KV, a green MK1, a couple of red MK1's (like mine), and a white MK2.

Hope to see a reply in this thread from you GTO owners out there :)

Attachments

FireRED

Jan 6, 2004
Hi, I once owned a Mitsubishi GTO Mk1, facelifted to Mk3 which has since been sold many years ago.

I have some Original MK1 bodyparts to sell cheaply as below:

a) Hood / Bonnet
b) Side Skirts
c) Front Bumper
d) Pop-up Headlights assy. (sold for RM400)
e) Snake Eyes assy. (reflectors slightly yellowish)
f) Door Caps
g) Sail Panels
h) Headlight Buckets & Upper Radiator Support assy
i) Front Signal Lights
j) Fog Lights (both with flaked ring in their reflector)
k) 3-piece Underbelly Protectors - Beneath Engine
l) Rear Bumper
m) Rear Centre Reflector Panel with GTO
n) Original Mk1 Alloy Rim 16in (like new)
o) Tein S-Tech Lowered Springs for Twin Turbo (brandnew)

Please contact me if anyone interested.

Thanks,

Mike (located in PJ)
Email: [email protected]
H/P: 012-28803-nine-five

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Its a true Japanese sports car.. but sadly, overshadowed by Evos. Even FTO suffers the same...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
GTO/3000GT is quite rare in here. It's in the same league as Skyline GT-R, Supra and RX-7 but it is often forgotten and is not as popular as the former. I think 300ZX also shared a similar fate like GTO in Malaysia.

gbajien

Aug 29, 2012
Selangor
yea it is a rare sight here in Malaysia... most of the owners are either young college kids getting a seemingly 'cheap' first sports car (before gradually moving to the more popular choices due to lack of passion / peer pressure / unable to source parts / high costs), OR the older men who keep it in pristine condition but only use it occasionally and are not into tuning.
Same with the 300ZX... but once you see these 90's beauties running on the road, the GTO / 3000GT and 300ZX are awesome.

Both cars have a big community in both US, Japan, and the UK and have shops that support these cars even until now (US made OEM replacement or aftermarket parts developed for the platforms... in the US: 3SX, Ground Zero, Nelson, and Pampena Motorsports - GTO / 3000GT / 3S platforms, and Z1 Motorsports for the 300ZX + all fairlady platforms)

FireRed, I have rebuilt my car, and used mainly new OEM or aftermarket parts from the USA (3SX Performance), hasn't been cheap but I didn't want to go the typical halfcut route because I wanted to rebuild the car with new parts for longevity and a proper base for tuning later on...

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Also, if you guys have any friends that own a GTO and want to look for new or even 2nd hand parts,

just go to www.3sx.com and they have almost everything.

they're currently giving halfprice for international shipping (via UPS), just key-in the code: MYSHIPSALE when you check-out after ordering.

Kindly tell them that you heard about the site and discount from Greg ([email protected]) from Malaysia.

Spread the word :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Saw one White one roaming around Kepong. Should be new owner. Saw the ex-owner in Bandar Sri Damansara changed to a GT-R35 now.

astra4808ed

Oct 8, 2006
Are there any GTO owners here in Klang Valley active on forums?

Would like to start a discussion thread on our awesome 90's Jap turbo sportscar :biggrin:

and who knows, we could start a club of our own someday and do some tours

*like the Thailand GTO & FTO community:
https://sites.google.com/site/prosacthai/testimonials-1
(they even produce custom parts for the GTO, and are active in motorshows and the Thai car forum, Siamspeed)

Japanese GTO tuner: http://www.pitroadm.com/public/newframe3.htm
their first fully tuned GTO back in 2006: [ FEATURED VEHICLES | PitroadM M-Golden Hayabusa GTO Ver.3 [Z16A] ] J.D.M. OPTION INTERNATIONAL

Its high time we give our cars some exposure, as its ridiculous to see strong GTO owner's clubs in UK, USA, and Japan, and even Thailand! but we've none here in Malaysia

I've spotted a few GTOs here in KV, a green MK1, a couple of red MK1's (like mine), and a white MK2.

Hope to see a reply in this thread from you GTO owners out there :)
Bro gbajien, how many GTOs do u reckon there r still on the road now? If u r starting a GTO club, do count me in...I'm in JB.

gbajien

Aug 29, 2012
Selangor
Hi Astra, nice to hear from another GTO owner! haha

I reckon there are at least 10 GTOs (including mine) on the road here in KL / Selangor... with the properly tuned ones being a rare sight, and the rest being mainly stock looking ones.

How about johor? how many have you spotted up and running?

Yea its quite hard to get hold of any owners, mainly because most of them are not active in this forum or with the tuning scene.
I'll be joining the JDM meet up this december, hopefully there are a couple of GTOs there haha

By the way here's a pic of mine, how about yours bro?

Cheers

Attachments

astra4808ed

Oct 8, 2006
bro, is even rarer here in JB...hardly seen 1. Mine a converted mk2 but totally stock inside...haha was smoked by a nice green RX-7 fd3 just few days ago(maybe is 1 of e bro here in RE club) Btw exactly when n where e JDM gonna to be held...I wld totally like to go...maybe can meet up with u for a tcss session :)

ps. sori not too sure how to upload pic...i try my best

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

yo bro forgotten to mention, the white mk2 u spotted might be the same car i'm driving now :P

gbajien

Aug 29, 2012
Selangor
Yo bro, haha nice, u can check out their fb page (jdm malaysia), they will be posting updates of the tt meet up there. Time to upgrade parts bro hehe, i just rebuilt my engine and replaced some transmission parts, you'll be surprised at the 3000gt/stealth/gto community is huge on the usa, uk and aussie. Check out some of the fb groups, search 3sgto / mitsubishi 3000gt / gtooc uk. Hope to meet u one day bro, and yea we could definitely have a discussion about our 6g72tt hehe

astra4808ed

Oct 8, 2006
Bro that is what i tot so too...Anyway abt e JDM meet up, tat i'm quite sure i will be going, hope u can meet up wif me 1 or 2 days ahead b4 heading there, lets grab a drink n maybe gimme some advise on my car or intro me to a gd workshop, n i also wun feel so goondu n paisei going to e meet up alone...Ofcos if tat is ok with u :)

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

bro here is e pic:)

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

big contrast frm my daily drive...haha

gbajien

Aug 29, 2012
Selangor
Hi bro, no problem, looking forward to meeting another gto owner haha. Will pm u my contact later. And yes your mk2 does look familiar. See you soon bro!

astra4808ed

Oct 8, 2006
Yo bro i think is on 13th Dec...will pm u my contact. Thanks for all e above informations.

Cheers!

Apr 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Gents,

My name is WIll stay at JB, I am interested to buy a GTO also but I having some question nd to solve out before I buy the GTO, can you all give me some advice or opinion.

1. The GTO almost 23years car is quite old car is it still worth it to buy? as I know the price is not cheap also after repair and modify the price almost can buy a mazda RX8 or 2003 Fairlady?

2. Part and repair ,I think this is everyone concern any idea JB can find the part and repair or not? is that difficult to find at KL too ?
the small part like a car glasses, windows , door rubber , side mirror motor, door, absorber and some small part still able to get?

3. if want to chance a new engine with triptonic gear any engine suitable modify to GTO?

I really nd ur advice? cause I am carzy with GTO also, hope to get u all reply soon.

thanks in advice

patrick yak wong

Dec 26, 2018
Hi, I once owned a Mitsubishi GTO Mk1, facelifted to Mk3 which has since been sold many years ago.

I have some Original MK1 bodyparts to sell cheaply as below:

a) Hood / Bonnet
b) Side Skirts
c) Front Bumper
d) Pop-up Headlights assy. (sold for RM400)
e) Snake Eyes assy. (reflectors slightly yellowish)
f) Door Caps
g) Sail Panels
h) Headlight Buckets & Upper Radiator Support assy
i) Front Signal Lights
j) Fog Lights (both with flaked ring in their reflector)
k) 3-piece Underbelly Protectors - Beneath Engine
l) Rear Bumper
m) Rear Centre Reflector Panel with GTO
n) Original Mk1 Alloy Rim 16in (like new)
o) Tein S-Tech Lowered Springs for Twin Turbo (brandnew)

Please contact me if anyone interested.

Thanks,

Mike (located in PJ)
Email: [email protected]
H/P: 012-28803-nine-five

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hai fellow ZTH,

Im using FN2r. Recently ive changed my air filter to simota air filter. Then the check engine appears. Ive dismantled the battery and hoping the ECU can adjust to the new air fuel ratio. At first it was ok. Then the check engine appears back. I havent tried changing to the OEM air filter yet.

My question is the ECU cant adjust to the new breath ? Do i have to use Hondata or equivalent?

Thanks,
Newby in I-vtec

---------- Post added at 04:40...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience