alternator problem? ??

satbir_91

Dec 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Last week my car, wira se alternator kong d. So I changed to a new one but made in taiwan wan la. Thing is after changin that my mechanic aso tighten my fan belt n all coz I told him gt squeeking sound. Probem now is that after these 2 changes I notice that when I press my accelerator pedal n the rpm go up..my headlights get brighter, my air cond blower get stronger. B4 the change all this nvr happen. So is it bcoz alternator faulty or belting too tight? My car feel very heavy also la..last time easily can tpuch 140 plus now touch 120 aso problem la.
What I did so far: I started the car and on air cond maxm on radio, on wiper, on lights, and then disconnect the negative battery terminal. Car nvr die...still jalan. I waited for almost 5 minutes car nvr mati. Someone pls advice what is the problem. B4 the alternator n belting had no problem

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ask your mechanic to check the charging voltage of the new battery and also check the voltage regulator.
Lights becomes brighter means voltage is higher....

sharif5865

Jan 24, 2012
Kuantan
Ask your mechanic to check the charging voltage of the new battery and also check the voltage regulator.
May I ask something,,

1. Is it normal that baterry indicator to lights up even after few seconds of start engine?? but this thing only few times....,, I use "bateri basah" not the free maintainance one..
2. Did altenator effect the top speed of the car like he said??

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
May I ask something,,

1. Is it normal that baterry indicator to lights up even after few seconds of start engine?? but this thing only few times....,, I use "bateri basah" not the free maintainance one..
2. Did altenator effect the top speed of the car like he said??
1) Same thing wit me, so far no prob
2) i learnt that the main function of batt is to start the car, than the job is taken by altnr to run those e-equipment, if alt cannot support than it will consume batt, e.g u'r sound system takes more than the alt can support, top speed i think we need to ask sifu's around arrr:banghead:

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

DIY testing of alt:-
a)Multi tester @ Batt/Alt tester (found 1 @ ace hware +-RM25)
b)run engine, on all lights, radio anything electrical, take off +ve batt (make sure not touch body) & test voltage +-13V is ok, 14V++ overcharge <12V kong already
c)turn off engine, take out -ve batt than only re-install batt terminal +ve first

sifu's correct me if i'm wrong:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1) Same thing wit me, so far no prob
2) i learnt that the main function of batt is to start the car, than the job is taken by altnr to run those e-equipment, if alt cannot support than it will consume batt, e.g u'r sound system takes more than the alt can support, top speed i think we need to ask sifu's around arrr:banghead:

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

DIY testing of alt:-
a)Multi tester @ Batt/Alt tester (found 1 @ ace hware +-RM25)
b)run engine, on all lights, radio anything electrical, take off +ve batt (make sure not touch body) & test voltage +-13V is ok, 14V++ overcharge <12V kong already
c)turn off engine, take out -ve batt than only re-install batt terminal +ve first

sifu's correct me if i'm wrong:biggrin:
b) you tested the battery voltage only? With the +ve terminal out join the tester in between the +ve terminal and battery +ve to see alternator charging voltage

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
b) you tested the battery voltage only? With the +ve terminal out join the tester in between the +ve terminal and battery +ve to see alternator charging voltage
thanx forgot bout the -ve probe, wit that i check other site & :banghead:i got it quite wrong big time:banghead:
just type car alternator check @ search engine wallah so many

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
check back the alternator pulley same size or not....

and battery get it fully charged first and see...

normally that shows not enough charging current coming out from the alternator.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the title suggest...
My dad wanted the roof rack soo bad but after askin around,most are priced above rm1500.
Great quality will go beyond rm2500.
So,the DIY bug bites again.
This was done long time ago so i cant recall the exact cost but its well below rm1500.

Main concern is getting the roof bar of the desired height.Most cheapo bar are too high and
does not look good.they have lower carrying weight too.
Problem is with the pajero is the roof is slightly higher towards the back...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience