Alpha 16 GT-R WINS at the 2014 Buschur Shootout

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/089NitAl2AA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Once a year, we get a chance to run at a fully-sanctioned NHRA dragstrip which is Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH for the Buschur DSM/EVO/GT-R Shootout. This year, we trailered out our customer's blue "Diamonds by Wire" Alpha 16 GT-R and it took home 1st place in the GT-R Quick competition! Although experienced with 1/2 mile and roll racing, the owner, Gidi Chamdi has never competed in a heads up 1/4 mile race with a tree before. The results were outstanding and consistent!

This GT-R has been through 6 rolling race and half mile competitions since built without an engine refresh. The last half mile race, Gidi ran 13 passes that I recorded on video (a few more that I missed). I would say his GT-R has easily layed down over 50 passes extending over a half mile and over 10 1/4 mile passes in this event alone! Such a beast!

Watch the video and read the Youtube description for more details or visit our blog below!

That is also our new Alpha GT-R Carbon Fiber Intake Manifold which will be available within the next few months!

Alpha Series by Alpha Performance| Premium Nissan R35 GT-R Performance Upgrade Packages - 2014 Buschur Shootout Wrap up

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
how about the transmission holding up all those launch?

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
The transmission also performed flawlessly and showed no signs of excessive wear or a potential catastrophic failure. Much has changed since the introduction of the GT-R. Where the trans used to be susceptible to breaking even with the addition of a few hundred ft-lbs of tq, it is much more reliable when outfitted with a stronger gear set, bracing, clips and so on. John Shepherd of Sheptrans assembles all our built transmissions and we've been working with him since we entered into the GT-R market years ago.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
really nice launch and very consistent timing..awesome! :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I m driving a satria neo 1.6 (m). Would like some advise of wat piggy back or stand alone ECU to recommend. I heard Micro tec is good enough. I m looking for more torque than HP. Any idea i can get a 2nd stand alone ECU or piggy. i m currently holding on to a unichip b series ( before the Q version) not suitable for my cc. Any 1 would like to buy or trade in? Thanks for all shi fu's advise.:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience