Airtrek Parts Enquiry

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I did track my Airtrek's spending in 3 categories. Service took up about 10K, mods around 30K and repairs were 11K. So in less than 7 years, I spent about 51K on the car, excluding the cost of the car itself.
so the service and repairs in 7 years of owning is around RM21k. actually when u look at it it's not that bad oso. :emoji_thinking:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Some of the mods done may have replaced the parts that needs to be repaired. But the cost is more or less there. For example fuel pump, the car is old and needs to be replaced but I upgraded it to Walbro's as a mod.

And don't forget, when I got the car, it was only 6 years old. By now when you get it, it's already 16 years. There will be MORE that you need to repair...

Reactions: sanekit

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I did track my Airtrek's spending in 3 categories. Service took up about 10K, mods around 30K and repairs were 11K. So in less than 7 years, I spent about 51K on the car, excluding the cost of the car itself.
When you don't count the mods, those numbers ain't so bad considering it's over 7 years period.

Some of the mods done may have replaced the parts that needs to be repaired. But the cost is more or less there. For example fuel pump, the car is old and needs to be replaced but I upgraded it to Walbro's as a mod.

And don't forget, when I got the car, it was only 6 years old. By now when you get it, it's already 16 years. There will be MORE that you need to repair...
Hence a car that has good history hehehe

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
just curious, is Alza so bad? Never driven one before but it's a good cheap reliable MPV to me.. better than Avanza's high ground clearance

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
When you don't count the mods, those numbers ain't so bad considering it's over 7 years period.

Yeah bro, we all here just want to make sure he makes the right decision. It feels terrible when the car dies in the middle of a hot afternoon traffic jam

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
just curious, is Alza so bad? Never driven one before but it's a good cheap reliable MPV to me.. better than Avanza's high ground clearance
If you don't mind the power, it's quite decent for what it is. A cheap & reliable 5+2 MPV.

Yeah bro, we all here just want to make sure he makes the right decision. It feels terrible when the car dies in the middle of a hot afternoon traffic jam
Yup always ALWAYS ask for history of the car.
What caused it to die on a hot afternoon?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If you don't mind the power, it's quite decent for what it is. A cheap & reliable 5+2 MPV.

Yup always ALWAYS ask for history of the car.
What caused it to die on a hot afternoon?
I knew the reason and I fixed it before. However it happened again even after I replaced the ICV. When car is old, it's old and parts failed. :(

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sometimes is not a good thing, if it goes like this. Well kept, own 6 years hardly any repairs. The problem is after 6 years most parts are near fail and might needs repairs, told by my Mechanic.....hhahahhahaha

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Sometimes is not a good thing, if it goes like this. Well kept, own 6 years hardly any repairs. The problem is after 6 years most parts are near fail and might needs repairs, told by my Mechanic.....hhahahhahaha
that's the reason why many ppl who buy new cars sell them after their warranty expires. that's when the parts start to fail...

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
What I mean is complete history of what was replaced and serviced so you will have an idea what to do next! That's my definition of good history hahaha

I knew the reason and I fixed it before. However it happened again even after I replaced the ICV. When car is old, it's old and parts failed. :(
Ahhh common issues with the 4g63t engine eh?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
that's the reason why many ppl who buy new cars sell them after their warranty expires. that's when the parts start to fail...
Yup, especially common known failure and expensive to replace. My ex colleague, Nissan Sylphy , claim CVT gb, after warranty sell the car. Another friend PUG308T, also sell after warranty....lol

faizaal

Mar 25, 2019
sepang
bro.... if you want to save money and nagging from your wifey, then go with Suprima S. It's a newer car and reliability will be generally better. However don't put too much hope for performance.

I want to also make it clear that in stock, Airtrek is NOT a fast car. Like mentioned by the other brothers here, stock only churns out around 180'ish whp. Coupe with lazy INVECS II gearbox and ridiculously heavy chassis (over 1600kgs), the car is slow and heavy. The fun begins only when you start modding it.

I have heard some comments before that in stock, Airtrek hits 100kph sub 9 secs. That's far cry compared to what the catalog claimed - 6.5secs.
ha ha saya baru beli airtrek btl apa tuan cakap g.box malas.permulaan utk bergerak agak berat.tapi bagi saya pemanduan d hwy best

Reactions: 4gbanger

faizaal

Mar 25, 2019
sepang

airtrek baru lbh kurang 150K keats.masa beli tu berapa 100K?saya baru beli airtrek.ada workshop tak blh tune airtrek,saya tak pasti kenapa.tapi di workshp banyak evo.

Reactions: 4gbanger

faizaal

Mar 25, 2019
sepang
like that i need to sell my wira also. ahahaha.

from what i know, the airtrek turbo is actually a detuned version of evo 7 gta. so yeah, can do lots of stuff to it. but my target is reliability as a daily driver. looking at what u guys said, the parts are still easy to source compared to the naza citra we currently have. we actually planning to sell that citra and get another car that's easier to maintain. but mother in law have veto power on that citra so i don't know if she's ok with us getting an airtrek. ahahaha
jika airtrek utk dijadikan kereta pengunaan harian bahan api perlu d ambil kira (turbo),dgn usia melebihi 15 tahun.saya pemilik airtrek baru berapa bulan,dan saya berani amik airtrek kerana pengunaan krta agak jarang lbh pada motosikal terutama prg kerja,dan saya masih banyak perlu belajar tentang airtrek.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey, anyone know where to get the signal lamp for front bumper version 5. :( park in KLCC car park the uncle aunty reverse car that time smash it !! got the scratch mark in my bumper !! :angry:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience