Airtrek Brake Rotor Question

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
Hey guys.

Sorry have another question haha.

What is the airtrek brake rotor size?

I found something online that says VR4 pads are direct fit. It also said rotors are the same size

Is this correct?

DIMENSIONS
DIAMETER- 276mm
HEIGHT- 45mm
CENTRE - 69mm
STUD 5

russellc2

Sep 14, 2012
Wellington, NZ
The standard Airtrek Turbo rotor size is indeed 276mm - they have the same rotors and 2 piston calipers as an Evo 3 and maybe the 1st gen VR4 but I can't confirm that last part.

I've fitted Evo 4 / later model VR4 (twin turbo 2.5) Rotors (294mm) and calipers to mine. A direct bolt up fit which also uses the same pads as the Airtrek Turbo

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
Can I fit the 294mm disc onto the stock caliper? Is that front and rear or just front?

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Apologies by front and rear I meant do the late model VR4 stock discs fit on the front and rear of the stock airtrek calipers?

russellc2

Sep 14, 2012
Wellington, NZ
No unfortunately you need the calipers too, they are set / spaced another 15-20mm or so out from the hubs than the standard Airtrek calipers to match the bigger rotor size. You also need to bend the dust shields out the way a little if you do go down this route.

This is only for the front, I havent bothered changing the rear rotors yet so havent investigated the options :)

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
Ah right. I might just go for Wilwood Calipers up front. 4 pot 300mm disc I think. Not sure about the pads. Full kit costs $1350. Spoke to the guy at Manon Racing Products who said he can do a bolt on kit.

russellc2

Sep 14, 2012
Wellington, NZ
Cool, that setup will definitely give you some good braking power but you could get pulled up next time you go for a WOF as I'm pretty sure you need a cert for brake mods, so you might have to add another $4-500 for the low volume cert...

My change would probably go un-noticed as they still look factory and arent much bigger than the stock items, although it technically still needs to be certed

limaynard

Sep 28, 2012
Sydney / NSW
Cool, that setup will definitely give you some good braking power but you could get pulled up next time you go for a WOF as I'm pretty sure you need a cert for brake mods, so you might have to add another $4-500 for the low volume cert...

My change would probably go un-noticed as they still look factory and arent much bigger than the stock items, although it technically still needs to be certed
I decided to just go for upgraded rotors (DBA4000). Not ideal but it means I have to pray a little less when I brake hard.

After I shipped the Airtrek to Sydney (from Welly) I set the pads smoking in a long windy downhill. Brake fade was phenomenal :biggrin: I hadn't driven it for 3 months so wanted to give it a good run. I've had no issues since but the DBA 4000s help.

For what it is worth, the front brakes are the same as the Evo RS (designed for 15" wheels) so at least there are upgrades out there.

03Airtrek

Aug 3, 2016
AU
Does anyone know the standard rotor thickness (front)? Mitsubishi make many 276 mm rotor... Evo 3 is 24mm but other is 26mm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello to all....

I just need a favour from ya'll....
firstly how much I've to spend to change my KE-70 engine..
which 1 is better...
1: 4age
2: 4agze

are that engine c/w N/A @ Superchagred..which 1 is better performance..coz I'm a crazy driver who luv drive fast..
at least I got 200km/J++...hehehe :dancing2:

I also need to change my steering to power steering & any parts that makes me comfort to drive fast...

plz...anyone help me.

tq...
KONTENA
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience