Aircond workshop Skudai/JB

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Hi guys

Who can recommend/refer to to any good aircond workshop in this area? I think my satria need compressor replacement. 22 years already :stickyman: thanks in advance

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Thanks bro. Do you/anybody knows how much to replace compressor for my car? Its 1.6 satria
it wont cost an arm or leg, compressor pricing is pretty standard.
more on the workmanship.

better to get it replaced soon, sometime it will leak and make the car smell..

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
it wont cost an arm or leg, compressor pricing is pretty standard.
more on the workmanship.

better to get it replaced soon, sometime it will leak and make the car smell..
How much is it roughly? Just to get my mind ready :) i look in mudah, new recond can get RM200, workmanship around RM100 maybe?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah, 1996 car.. before this, i was wondering which one will go first, either compressor or alternator. alternator gone last 2 years, meaning compressor won, at least for my case haha
Who say Proton parts don't last......hhahhahahhahah:rofl:

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
I got quotation from one workshop here in skudai. RM450 for everything, including the compressor, labour and refill the gas. The compressor he said need to use 1.5 one, since 1.6 is hard to look for now, so need to change the compressor mounting/tapak becoz 1.6 and 1.5 is different. Plus, even there is 1.6 compressor in stock, maybe not many and difficult to get replacement is case the unit installed is faulty.

But he said, bring my car first and check, maybe can repair no need to replace compressor.

What do you guys say? Any opinion?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why not ask another shop for another quote to compare price as well as his story.....lol

Another thing, after so long as especially compressor konk, need to change the receiver drier (the black canister), this acts as a filter.....

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
try KCS workshop, at 233 jalan sutera, Taman Sentosa.
Cheap and good.

Look for Alex
I went there, and found that compressor still can use. Problem is the hose is leaking, so replace the hose for RM90. Do some aircond service (never done since new), refill gas RM60, workmanship RM60 (from 1030 to 1430), and RM10 for something spray, i dont know, so total RM220. My cooling coil also tested and no leaking, still can use, Alex said. He said, his wira already 3 times changed cooling coil, Im so lucky..

Overall, I am very happy with his service and definitely will go again if got aircond problem. Thanks kurt for the recommendation.

Anyway, spotted your perdana outside the workshop, he said u wana sell it :driver:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The compressor he said need to use 1.5 one, since 1.6 is hard to look for now, so need to change the compressor mounting/tapak becoz 1.6 and 1.5 is different.
I drive a 1.8. I had changed mine recently. Mechanic didnt say anything about hard to look. Forgot the price already

Coil changed once since 96

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
I went there, and found that compressor still can use. Problem is the hose is leaking, so replace the hose for RM90. Do some aircond service (never done since new), refill gas RM60, workmanship RM60 (from 1030 to 1430), and RM10 for something spray, i dont know, so total RM220. My cooling coil also tested and no leaking, still can use, Alex said. He said, his wira already 3 times changed cooling coil, Im so lucky..

Overall, I am very happy with his service and definitely will go again if got aircond problem. Thanks kurt for the recommendation.

Anyway, spotted your perdana outside the workshop, he said u wana sell it :driver:
hey, glad you find his work and service good.

My friends and myself have been going to his shop to do our audio/air con/electric related matters.
his work and pricing, are reasonable, not those usual workshop that we have been before.

So, now enjoying your aircon?
weather very hot lately :biggrin:

haha, we have been saying about selling the perdana for nearly 2 years..
just keeping it for sentimental values, also no market value..

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
hey, glad you find his work and service good.

My friends and myself have been going to his shop to do our audio/air con/electric related matters.
his work and pricing, are reasonable, not those usual workshop that we have been before.

So, now enjoying your aircon?
weather very hot lately :biggrin:

haha, we have been saying about selling the perdana for nearly 2 years..
just keeping it for sentimental values, also no market value..
oh... can do audio/electrical things also? thats good.

yeah, aircond is cool now.. your evo3 engine, auto or manual? thinking to do the same swap to my satria once getting another car..

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
oh... can do audio/electrical things also? thats good.

yeah, aircond is cool now.. your evo3 engine, auto or manual? thinking to do the same swap to my satria once getting another car..
mine is a manual.

well, if you could heed my advise, i say stay stock.
Dont think of adding/transplanting etc.. the time spent at workshop is more than you actually drive it.

serious, if you want a more torque car, save up and buy a better one, that already comes with.
:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

remember the black surface paint coat on trucks?

if it's available in small rattlecans i wanna buy to re-spray my bumper black trimming.
according to how tuff those bedliners are, iIMO once you spray 'em on ur linings, it'll last fer years!

can we actually get 'em anywhere? or hafta send to some place to get it sprayed?

tq.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience