Accent Modification

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
chejeff said:
Mind if you could elaborate more? may i know what is NA tune? What type of tuning they do? where could i do it and how much would it cost? sorry for being so noob :P

NA tune he means is that u keep ur engine NA.not turbo charging it.

chejeff

Known Member
Nov 3, 2005
Fluffy said:
basically wat u want in a exhaust is the size.the ideal size will give optimum performance..not too big not too small..the sound?u've gotta go to a exhaust shop and ask fr urself..coz i dont know wat kinda sound u want.

for the intake..go for the steel one.with the apexi filter..better intake.

but u;ve got 2 options..CAI or air ram.
what is the diff? which will perform better? how much budget should i prepare for this mod?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
CAI is cold air intake.means it feeds cooler air (which has higher density) into the combustion chamber..colder air has higher density..so there's more air to burn when ignited.hence a gain of power.

Air rams are used to ram air into ur combustion chamber..this concept is to stuff in as much air possible into the combustion chamber so that it can combust better hence more power.

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Fluffy said:
CAI is cold air intake.means it feeds cooler air (which has higher density) into the combustion chamber..colder air has higher density..so there's more air to burn when ignited.hence a gain of power.

Air rams are used to ram air into ur combustion chamber..this concept is to stuff in as much air possible into the combustion chamber so that it can combust better hence more power.
CAI is the one like mushroom head one rite? i tot sumbody quotin that would cost yr car hp instead if it doesnt fit properly (i mean like size thingy)

bside it will makin sum bassy sound in the engine compartment though

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
the mushroom shaped one is a called an open pod.the shape of the filter doesnt matter...but open pod is basically an air filter tat has no cover around it.hence the name open pod.

CAI is an open pod..with a heat sheild.the heat sheild is obviously to block the heat while enabling the filter to suck in cooler air.

bassy sound?the exhaust?or the open pod?

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
bassy sound is fr the cone air filter, acc to my fren drivin kancil la.. i never seen a open pod one leh, how does it looks like? or i seen it before but nvr notice that??!?!?!

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
open pods are the one that ur talking about now.the cone and mushroom shaped ones.yes..they produce a suction sound..not a bassy sound.

chejeff

Known Member
Nov 3, 2005
Fluffy said:
open pods are the one that ur talking about now.the cone and mushroom shaped ones.yes..they produce a suction sound..not a bassy sound.
So does that sound thingy sounds good or plain noisy?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
sounds nice actually...well,u've gotta hear it fr urself.see if u like it.its basically a suction sound.