(94) Lancer to Evolution III conversion while keeping auto.

Dec 10, 2008
Hello to all! Need some advice from you guys out here hehe. Sadly to admit, im dont own a legit evo.. I do however have a 94 Lancer which ive modified its exteriors to mimic the evo3 style.. (hood, o.z rims, bodykit, spoiler). Okay here's my story. As u can see here i'm trying to fully convert my 94 lancer to an evo3.. So far i've completed it's cosmetics but now its time to do the speed. Im sure the easier approach is to get a 4g63T or 4g93T but the problem is I plan to keep the tranny auto. So the question now is can i implant 4g63/4g93 with turbo and use auto transmisson? is this a possible approach? If so, how can it be done? and do share other alternatives and etc!

Heres the specifics of what i got:
- Mitsubishi Lancer 1994 GLX
- 1.5cc, 4g15 / 4spd auto
- CB2A

Please do share any ideas and thoughts. I would get myself an original evo3 but the problem is there isnt any around here (where i live) thats up for sale.

Appreciated!

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
Hello to all! Need some advice from you guys out here hehe. Sadly to admit, im dont own a legit evo.. I do however have a 94 Lancer which ive modified its exteriors to mimic the evo3 style.. (hood, o.z rims, bodykit, spoiler). Okay here's my story. As u can see here i'm trying to fully convert my 94 lancer to an evo3.. So far i've completed it's cosmetics but now its time to do the speed. Im sure the easier approach is to get a 4g63T or 4g93T but the problem is I plan to keep the tranny auto. So the question now is can i implant 4g63/4g93 with turbo and use auto transmisson? is this a possible approach? If so, how can it be done? and do share other alternatives and etc!

Heres the specifics of what i got:
- Mitsubishi Lancer 1994 GLX
- 1.5cc, 4g15 / 4spd auto
- CB2A

Please do share any ideas and thoughts. I would get myself an original evo3 but the problem is there isnt any around here (where i live) thats up for sale.

Appreciated!
u can get and evo engine and mate to GSR auto or RVR auto gearbox, or just get the GSR auto or RVR auto halfcut..

papertowels

Dec 10, 2008
u can get and evo engine and mate to GSR auto or RVR auto gearbox, or just get the GSR auto or RVR auto halfcut..
So theoretically.. Can I get Evo3's 4g63T and attach with 4g93T's auto tranny? GSR auto a lil bit extinct.. if anyone can find tat pm me halfcut price hehe.. so if the earlier theory works.. then i plan to get a evo3 halfcut and 4g93T auto tranny.. Itll be more realistic getting the halfcut, to grab the brake and etc.. Any chance for evo auto-4wheel?.. market price for evo3 halfcut is 13k RM here which is very pain ahah..

Bump:
please la bro, say no to AUTO :P
teeeheee, id agree bro, but the Mrs wanna use. Heehee

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
i did once saw a halfcut 4g63 with auto....
asked my mech...
but he told me its a VR4....

GSR auto not so difficult to find la.....
in fact... a lot of ppl take GSR auto n change to manual...
they claim GSR auto halfcut hav higher output.....

my fren was using GSR auto last time...
lock the gearbox to 2-wheel...
but often giv him probs with drive shafts...
ended up with manual.....

meaning a 4wd auto is possible.....
but u hav to do major cutting n welding work on ur chassis....
which means having prob wif JPJ....

n also....
can a GSR auto gearbox cope with the output of a 4G63???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After the last Dodge Viper rolled off the assembly line, the interwebs kicked into warp drive and started spinning out the usual array of rumours about the end of the model or a replacement based on the Alfa 8C Competizione.

However, following a dealers convention in September at Florida, a concept of the next snake was unveiled to a convention...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience