8th Gen Galant

55Cent

Feb 24, 2005
Hi All,

I'm considering getting a bigger car for daily usage, but my budget is only within RM30k, i have screen thru quite a few option within RM30 or lesser and here are the car ill consider:

1: 8th gen galant 1.8 - 2.0?
2: Honda Accord 2.2 (20k the most)
3: Cefiro A32 2.5 (Start from 18k to 25k)
4: Cefiro A33 2.5 (cheapest 38k - 45k!)

I'm on the sales field and require quite a bit of traveling within klang valley and occasionally out station, my current ride a gen2 1.6 auto, the car has serve me quite well through out the year. however, due to extensive travelling i prefer a bigger and much comfortable car.

ill pass the car to my family members, and get one of the above mentioned car as a replacement.

can someone recommend me which option above is the most practical choices? in term of the following criteria:

- Fuel consumption
- Maintenance
- Accessibility of available spare part

I personally prefer the 8th gen galant with the shark front design that like similar to lancer x, however practicality is the concern, hope and current of past owner of the vehicle can shed some light.

Thank & regards

55Cent

Feb 24, 2005
Go for accord 2.2.it is much more reliable car compare to the others that u mention
Hi Dan KC,

appreciated for your input, mind to share more information regarding to reliability? e.g. less break down? better fc or easy to find spare part?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

the 8th gen galant is a rare find in malaysia. unless u want those perdana front bodypart converts la.
Hi DanzEterna,

Thanks for the feedback, but i really like the 8th gen galant inside out, instead of outlook modification, which i think is not legal right?

Regards

Dan KC

May 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
the fc is quite okay as you know is a 2.2.the parts is widely available because mainly you can still find the ori second hand parts here in msia.the main problem about this engine is you must take care of the water and temperature.once it shoot up high then you might have problem such as everyday less water,temperature not stable and so on.overall is a nice car to have

55Cent

Feb 24, 2005
y not go for a perdana, equipped with evo3 or twin turbo engine?
Sir, if i opt for the suggestion, then it defeat the purpose plus evo or twin turbo is practical to drive for a sales man?

But of course when you boost, it will put smile on your face!

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

the fc is quite okay as you know is a 2.2.the parts is widely available because mainly you can still find the ori second hand parts here in msia.the main problem about this engine is you must take care of the water and temperature.once it shoot up high then you might have problem such as everyday less water,temperature not stable and so on.overall is a nice car to have
thanks for the input! keep it coming!

55Cent

Feb 24, 2005
Went to view a unit in batu cave, car condition is in a sorry state

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi I need some information.

I am actually looking for a 4g92 MIVEC engine. Can someone please tell me whats the rough estimation of the the cost.
I intend to upgrade my WIRA 1,5m yr 2000 model. Would I require authorization from JPJ and also do I require to change my current breaking system. At current moment my front breaks are Disc breaks and back breaks are drum breaks.

I also need to know..would this effect my car insurance and NCB..?

I hope all u "tai kor" can help me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience