6A12 TT +wastegate

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
Hai to all sifu.....
i need some advice abt wastegate...im using 6A12TT n planing to put wastegate coz my boost right now was not firm...no stable at all...some time can go at 1.2 n after i reach to the top of it suddenly the boost runing down to 1.0..
i ask my pomen n req me to used the external WG for both of the turbo...n also advice to used 35mm...
if im using a WG,those it will iincrease my hp?
what is the pro n con if im using 2 WG?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
bro,i think ur car suffering from boost creep.when u floor the throttle,it went up to 1.2 bar n then stay at 1 bar right?to avoid this in the economical way,take out ur turbo and port ur internal w/gate hole slightly bigger so the exhaust gas can escape easier.ur boost will be much more stable.i've seen 6a12tt install twin w/gate before.pros will be much more stable boost as the w/gate come with a bigger hole(35mm)then ur std.ur engine responds better.it can hold higher boost.the cons maybe comes from the price of having to buy 2 w/gate and the weight.it's space consuming too as the w/gate is not small.

Last edited:

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
ash dude,

before going for any wastegate....
are u using any boost controller with ur stock solenoid bypassed?
are u still using the stock turbines?

if the stock solenoid's not bypassed yet, then it could be a case of faulty solenoid (be it stock or aftermarket), which causes irregularities in boost level despite having it pre-set....if its a boost creep...it'll probably be caused by this....

if your are still using your stock turbines, then it could be bcoz...the stock TD025 are not capable of boost at 1.2 bar...hence, it will return to stay at 1 bar upon touching 1.2 bar...

hope these helps

Last edited:

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
thankz for the info bro...but i can see that,its quite hard to take out the turbo at the back...not enough space...so small even to put ur arm also cannot...dilemma of 6a12tt...hehehehehehe
so i think will go for external WG with saiz 35mm...
one more thing,dose the WG will interup my top speed of the car?
coz now im using a manual gearbox from 6A12 N/A which is the gear ratio was quite long?

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
hai tuned....
i change the turbo already to IHI ball bering....n using a avcr boost controller but cannot maintain the boost...so tesion u know....

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
wow...twin ball bearing turbines eh?...
then it sounds a like boost creep then.... not sure wat could have caused it though...
believe it could be the boost solenoid screwing up....

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
tuned...
i was thnikning the prob comes from the actuator..coz im using the ihi actuator...the saiz was so small than TDO25...

GT Zone...
was is the best piggyback that i should used...now im using safc 2+fuel reg...
do i need to change to a bigger injector for a better respond?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
changing injector doesn't mean ur will get better respond.it can also make ur car
become sluggish bcos of to much fuel.why not try n dyno ur car n check ur a/f?
by then u will no whether to up grade ur injector or not.if u running rich,that mean
ur injector is still capable of supplying enough fuel for ur setup.r u using subaru turbos?
as for a piggyback,if u want a better fuel ctrl with ignition ctrl capabilities,why not
try e-manage.hear lot's of good thing about it not to mention price that is affordable.

YuHaNiSa

Known Member
May 24, 2007
you wanna race hah ? upgrage to single turbo lah if you want a bigger performance...then can use 1 wastegate only 38mm

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
GT ZONE
how abt unichip?
i think after install the waste gate will come over to ur place k...all of my member from v-sixers alsways go to GT ZONE for tuning....like me acctually im doing it by my one for the installitation for the engine...hehehehe...D.I.Y....

YuHaNiSa
6A12 TT cannot race lah bro....perdana body is heavy n same with the engine...come more the hp also so low....just doing it as a hobby only.......hehehehehehe

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
GT ZONE
how abt unichip?
i think after install the waste gate will come over to ur place k...all of my member from v-sixers alsways go to GT ZONE for tuning....like me acctually im doing it by my one for the installitation for the engine...hehehehe...D.I.Y....
bro,i'm not from GT auto of sunway.

ash_kimura

Apr 22, 2006
GT AUTO
oh ye ka...sorry...my mistake...hehehehehe....so bro,how abt unichip?what is ur advice?
i was thinking to sell my acvr....

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
ash dude...i would suggest u get ur mechanical parts check 1st...b4 selling or fitting anything else....

boost solenoid, actuator...etc....a mech would know where to start

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
GT AUTO
oh ye ka...sorry...my mistake...hehehehehe....so bro,how abt unichip?what is ur advice?
i was thinking to sell my acvr....
bro,sorry to say that i'm not familiar with unichip.some say it's good.
while some says otherwise.but if u really want to sell ur avcr,i kind
of interested.do pm me if ur selling.:regular_smile:

YuHaNiSa

Known Member
May 24, 2007
GT ZONE
how abt unichip?

YuHaNiSa
6A12 TT cannot race lah bro....perdana body is heavy n same with the engine...come more the hp also so low....just doing it as a hobby only.......hehehehehehe

some people dont care..hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Aston Martin is launching an exciting new one-make race series for Asia. This follows the announcement of two new Aston Martin dealerships in Shanghai and Beijing.

Called the Aston Martin Asia Cup (AMAC), the series starts in 2008 and will consist of 12 races throughout the Asia Pacific region including China, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore. Each race will feature a grid of 18 Aston Martin Vantage N24s, a 4.3 litre race-developed evolution of the V8 Vantage which has been proven in endurance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience