4G94 Mivec

qme9019

Known Member
May 20, 2005
malaysia
for me, the best is using 4G93 block & conrod with 4G94 crackshaft. the problem with using 4G94 block is, it's tall n u need to use the 4G94 conrod too and this conrod is quite thin. not suitable with highrev + high compression. the only advantage with this setup is it will generate less load on cylinder wall. i used to know one mivec with 4G93 block + 4G94 crankshaft, stock mivec ECU (rechipped) + VAFC, stock mivec intake achieve 220bhp on wheel with very hi torque (dyno dynamic) :biggrin:.

ok you prefer option 2 . wow 220bhp on wheel is a great hp man this is awesome! the information you provide are really useful for me! if in future i've any problem i will pm you about it .

Cheers and Merry Christmas!!

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
my workshop use 4g94 block + mivec head setup. produce around 208whp with stock bore size and high compression cp piston, polished cylinder head, 70mm s90 tb, stock mivec intake and haltech p1000 standalone ecu. picture below.

last time clocked 13.2 sec ( sepang drag battle now use new timer, more accurate ). first runner up in 2WD open category. OTR body. now they are progressing to modify the engine to give better power. hopefully pass 210 whp mark.

qme9019

Known Member
May 20, 2005
malaysia
my workshop use 4g94 block + mivec head setup. produce around 208whp with stock bore size and high compression cp piston, polished cylinder head, 70mm s90 tb, stock mivec intake and haltech p1000 standalone ecu. picture below.

last time clocked 13.2 sec ( sepang drag battle now use new timer, more accurate ). first runner up in 2WD open category. OTR body. now they are progressing to modify the engine to give better power. hopefully pass 210 whp mark.
Bro i see this picture before , are your workshop name MAG ? there are very good mivec sifu ? at east malaysia not much good mivec sifu!

by the way your ride is very clean! but i'm terbalik mivec do you think the hp produce will also reach 200? woww how much you spend on this ? feel so great to see so many mivec sifu reply my thread

Thank you all ! if i've any problem i will pm all of you !

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
thx for the compliments. saw it in my blog is it :P in reality my car is not that clean :P

btw, yes. i did my engine at MAG. i can say that they are very good with mivec because most of their race car got top place since the old time and even until now. they are also very humble and willing to share knowledges with their customers. i'm also newbie with mivec actually.

your mivec terbalik also got a lot of potential. i bet can reach 200whp mark. but you have to sacrifice a lot of money and time. btw, i'm very happy with my mivec. eventhough the engine only got 160whp (dyno dynamics) at this time.. i think it is more than enough for a daily driven car. hehe.

regards.

Last edited:

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
thx for the compliments. saw it in my blog is it :P in reality my car is not that clean :P

btw, yes. i did my engine at MAG. i can say that they are very good with mivec because most of their race car got top place since the old time and even until now. they are also very humble and willing to share knowledges with their customers. i'm also newbie with mivec actually.

your mivec terbalik also got a lot of potential. i bet can reach 200whp mark. but you have to sacrifice a lot of money and time. btw, i'm very happy with my mivec. eventhough the engine only got 160whp (dyno dynamics) at this time.. i think it is more than enough for a daily driven car. hehe.

regards.
great.. look like mivec head + 4G94 block set-up also can be done nowadays... care to share what conrod u r using?? :biggrin:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003

regards.
It's MAG at Sek26 Shah Alam?
If yes, heard stories about good and no good about the workshop previously.
Been there for a visit, got few my friends who send their cars there for mods etc.
BTW it's a nice and clean workshop.

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
great.. look like mivec head + 4G94 block set-up also can be done nowadays... care to share what conrod u r using?? :biggrin:
yups. can be done. but anyway the pix that i posted is not my engine. it is my mechanic engine. if i'm not mistaken, he's using k1 technologies forged conrod.

It's MAG at Sek26 Shah Alam?
If yes, heard stories about good and no good about the workshop previously.
Been there for a visit, got few my friends who send their cars there for mods etc.
BTW it's a nice and clean workshop.
nope. it is not located at shah alam. the one in shah alam is now known as MH Tuner. MAG Apprentice is now located at senawang, seremban :).. yeah. very nice and clean workshop :)

qme9019

Known Member
May 20, 2005
malaysia

regards.
Joe ! yes i heard MAG before but too bad we are at east malaysia so parts and skill are way near to west malaysia! But if i've any problem i will come forum to ask or pm you guys if ! very happy to see there are so many mivec around! your 4G94 using mivec head , beside that any other parts need to buy aftermarket or most of parts can use back ? can you give me more information if you don't mind btw what is your blog address ? hehe

kairigi

Known Member
Jan 20, 2010
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
Well bro,

Its a sad fact that MIVEC engines don't get many hardcore aftermarket option, but yeah, I'm also feeling a bit gatal to buy the CJ4A ZR that's lying around my area.. to go turbo or to go MIVEC is a hard decision.. but taking the mivec will be an easy option since I have my current 4G93 engine so I can mix them together :) as for the gearbox.. I pray my auto tranny will last :driver:

qme9019

Known Member
May 20, 2005
malaysia
very sad to hear that . well we all know mivec are not famous like VTEC and of course after market parts are not that much that's why not much option to play . But really salute to mivec owner there ! just don't know why when i know this is true but i'm loving my mivec more and more , i feel it was a hard and need lot of cash project but when the result is awesome i am happy !

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
Joe ! yes i heard MAG before but too bad we are at east malaysia so parts and skill are way near to west malaysia! But if i've any problem i will come forum to ask or pm you guys if ! very happy to see there are so many mivec around! your 4G94 using mivec head , beside that any other parts need to buy aftermarket or most of parts can use back ? can you give me more information if you don't mind btw what is your blog address ? hehe

nope. i'm not using 4g94 mivec. thats my mechanic race car :). i'm using 4g93 mivec btw. here is my blogspot address click here

qme9019

Known Member
May 20, 2005
malaysia
nope. i'm not using 4g94 mivec. thats my mechanic race car :). i'm using 4g93 mivec btw. here is my blogspot address click here
Ohh ok ! nevermind , you know many mivec stuff . I got read your blog ! many useful information as well. Cheers!

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
joe, is this ur blog? i've spend quite a lot of time there before. reading ur post. what can i say it's very informative.. keep it up bro..

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
thx bro. i really appreciate it. i'll try my best to improve the contents in my blog. still newbie in motorsport scene :)

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
great info here..its been a year since i start on my 4 throttle project and after got cheated by 3 mechanic finally my 4 throttle mivec is ready by GTautO..hope to dyno it next week:driver::driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, where can i get adapters for open pod air filter , to be fitted with my original airfilter hose. (mivec engine)

The hose is 4 inches in diameter. Most accessories shop dont have the adapter, they only sell the air filter and then ask us to find the adapter ourself, except for apexi air filter.

I'm planning to buy an airfilter which has 6 inch inlet, and then i need the adapter to convert it from 6 inch become 4 inch

Chop shop have these adapters ar ?

Hope to hear from u guys soon :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience