4G93T or 4G63T ????? for Wira n Putra

smallmaster

Apr 1, 2009
Johor
Hi to all sifu....i wan to post this thread on behalf of my 2 frends. K. any Proton sifu running with GSR or evo engine...pls give some advice...

This Wira n Putra have decide to swap Turbo engine....but they still confuse wit gsr n evo. 1st of all they have done so many things at their car..ultra racing complete package, GAB SS series, Autofoam complete, 17" wheels with 205/40 tyre. So their mechanic said, "u have done so many things n have solid handling ride, y dont put evo's engine rather than GSR engine?"

So any sifu can give advice, which engine is suitable for them? 1 is wira 1.5 chassis n putra 1.8 chassis...my 2 frends stil confuse .... any sifu plss advice.... :adore::adore::adore::adore:

kelvins3281

Mar 30, 2006
Hi to all sifu....i wan to post this thread on behalf of my 2 frends. K. any Proton sifu running with GSR or evo engine...pls give some advice...

This Wira n Putra have decide to swap Turbo engine....but they still confuse wit gsr n evo. 1st of all they have done so many things at their car..ultra racing complete package, GAB SS series, Autofoam complete, 17" wheels with 205/40 tyre. So their mechanic said, "u have done so many things n have solid handling ride, y dont put evo's engine rather than GSR engine?"

So any sifu can give advice, which engine is suitable for them? 1 is wira 1.5 chassis n putra 1.6 chassis...my 2 frends stil confuse .... any sifu plss advice.... :adore::adore::adore::adore:
Putra 1.6 chasis??:confused::hmmmm:
better go for evo laa.mod abit can get mor power/hp edy...:love:

khoyos

Nov 23, 2003
best bet is gsr even though the halfcut expensive n less power. cos its straightforward. no need to find special runner to get the engine conversion endorsed...

velside77

Feb 17, 2008
SELANGOR
depends on ur choice la bro..if u chasing a HP..better put evo...if u want comfort smooth ride better choose gsr.. but i never heard of putra 1.6.. if its putra 1.8 i recommend EVO la bro.. thinking masak2 bro :proud:

your friend 1.5 can upgrade to 1.8 (either 4g93t (GSR), mivec 1.8, or 4g93p (putra, sgti, wira1.8)
putra can upgrade to (GSR, mivec 1.8, evo(4g63t) can but u need extra $$$ to endorse....

evo vs gsr
the 1st 100m gsr will win cos engine is lighter, but after 100m, evo will overtake. cos of its extra power.......so if u are using gse & wana drag against evo, race only 100m, if more than that u will lose..hehe...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
what i feel the current gsr also quite power edi...continue where he left off in modding, keep upgrading til u prolly can follow a converted evo...instead of waste money swap have to re-do wiring,tuning,endorsing...

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
dont forget the ori 4g63 is meant for galant vr4, which is a huge monster, heavy and AWD. An answer to WRC, not normal road going or compete for 100m.

but 2000cc turbo is definitely alot of fun than a 1800cc.....and 4g63 engine block is ALOT durable than 4g93

Trinityblood

Nov 10, 2007
go for gsr less hassle then...but if u had plan ot upgrade in the future go for evo...xtra aftermarket stuff...

smallmaster

Apr 1, 2009
Johor
opsss sorry bro....its putra 1.8....yesterday feel sleepy n silap press loooo.....hehehehe.

yah bro i tink 4G63T is the best choice for their car coz when i drive their car, i feel why their car more rigid n solid ( feel cemburu wit their cars loo ).if put GSR, later have to mod alot to catch up with other turbo cars in road. How bout the handling after convert EVO engine bro? got any disadvantage? how many of u riding evo engine in their wira or any other proton car. pls do comment the disadvantage n advantage coz my frend is just 19 years old n still lack in knowledge.

Ok. bro's wan to ask for my car, i wan to put sunroof for my wira. how much does it cost usually? is that got any disadvantage?

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
normally u dont always push the limits in the corners (coz most of us treasure lives), and most of the time u might just want to floor n ur body sticks onto the seat.

ask no more, 4G63T is the way to go. I believe putra 1.8 go to 2.0 turbo have no problems. I sat inside a satria 4G63T rojak evo1, it out puts 320whp, n the feeling similar to playing computer games, surreal acceleration.

i believe u wont regret on the 4G63t. bigger displacement always wins no matter what, and u dont reli have to upgrade when u crave for more, unlike 4G93T which is underpowered if u ask me. However it's up to ur own choice.

about the sunroof, find a reputable one, remember to change good rubber sealing n u should have no problems. A good sunroof job will cost 1000-1300.

kelvins3281

Mar 30, 2006
Evo wanna endos also can wat use 4g67 block laa.the most important is if u wanna upgrade,ther r many aftermaket perf parts/stuff out ther...
evo engine in a wira or putra handling no problem la depend on the driver skill la.hehe...
if install sunroof need to endos rite...change the whole roof no problem but the cut and mod into ur curent roof maybe will bocor if not mod properly.beware,find a profesional.hehe...:biggrin: