4G93 SOHC Turbo

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Sir I'm planning to Turbo my 4G93 SOHC. I have Mitsubishi lancer 2006 model with me. I'm not Malaysian but I live in Malaysia as a student. My brother is doing this project in my country Pakistan. Currently in Pakistan Mitsubishi Lancer 2003 model onwards are equipped with 4G15 the new generation. Which is without distributor and is with equipped with two coil. Currently I have swapped 4G93 SOHC the new generation which is also without distributor. The engine came with automatic transmission. So I am using 4G15 manual transmission with a 4G93 fly-wheel and 4G15 manual ECU and a adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator in order to meet the fuel requirement. I have plans to turbo this engine with forged pistons and conrods. Bore size 81.0MM and stroke 89.0MM. Which turbo do you recommend ? GT-30R ? Which standalone ECU or Piggyback do you recommend ? Injector size how much CC ? Any race bearings ? I plan to run 1.5Bar Boost. Any suggestion will be welcomed. Which brand of pistons and conrods would you guys recommend ? From which place in Kuala Lumpur or Selangor ?

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone can suggest me a standalone ecu ? Price is not the issue I want an ecu with all functions such as anti-lag, stepper motor, launch limiter and many others. Probably in near future I will swap Mivec head also. Please suggest me a standalone ecu with the best possible features. I don't care its AEM, Haltech, Microtech or Motec.

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think using GT30 would be quite lag for that engine. Perhaps TD04 or TD05 will be much bettter. For ECU others then brand you have mention HKS F-Con V-Pro and Links you can put into consideration as well. However not matter what ECU you using it doesn't matter but the tuner itself is more important.

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
GT30R won't be a lag as my research and practical experience says. You can't compare a TD04 or TD05 performance with GT30R. Indeed tuner matters a lot but I need an ecu with all functions in order to avoid any changes for future upgrades. Any idea about the price for HKS F-CON V-Pro ? Secondly, I'm also planning to swap the head with 4G92 Mivec DOHC CK4A. So will this ecu supports Mivec ?

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe you can visit HKS website to find out more. Yr project seem intresting keep us posting. If got photo attached will be much better.

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Project has already been started you guys have to wait for the pictures as this project is conducted by my brother in my country and I'm in Malaysia. I will built the block when I will go back currently I have bought Wiseco Pistons 81.5MM, Duratech Rods and ACL Race bearings. I'm looking for a standalone which has got a base-map also to make tuning much more easy and planning to convert this on MAP as it is easy to tune and response is good rather then MAF. Looking for a 4G92 Mivec Head ck4a as it is not easy for me to source out the parts from junkyard as I'm a student here.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I'm going for a drag with this project so I hope that you got a point of what type of power do I need.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone...

u know the 'hole' where air cond comes out
got 'leave' we can adjust air flow direction one?

where can buy that thing?
mine is old car... easy to find?

and...
how to install it?

anyone can teach me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience