4g93 GSR 1st gear PROBLEM

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Master modders, please advice: :adore:

I'm currently running 4g93t gsr engine with stock gsr gbox(locked 2wheel internally).
Now whenever i put 1st gear, from idle/stationary... as i release the clutch halfway the shifter would almost instantaniously neutral itself (kick back almost instant). Cant even force hold it on to 1st.
But if i start driving from 2nd gear and go about around 1-20km/h or > than downshift to 1st... the 1st gear won't kick back to neutral. Drive like normal.
I haven't open up the gbox yet.. if the problem is fixable, i was thinking of repairing it and swapping the clutch altogether. Can save money if do all once.
Anybody can give advice on what to do? What are the alternatives.. :bawling:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
shouldnt be a big problem.heard of it but forgotten how they reactify it.but let the sifu's here comment

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Hope it doesnt burn hole in my pocket. Anyways do anybody have previous experience wit this kinda problem.. ?? :hmmmm:

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
My mechanics just told me better campak my gearbox.. he said have to change g'box.
But not yet open up the box.. anybody can advice pls.. :hmmmm:

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
do simple thing 1st.. try check ur 1st gear mounting bracket n cable n such2 thing...
maybe longgar n the 1st gear didnt latch properly... cause happen to a few fren of mine after convert gsr/evo

if everything ok, maybe ur gbox syncro spoilt lerr... kene beli la gbox evo hehehehe

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
My mechanics just told me better campak my gearbox.. he said have to change g'box.
But not yet open up the box.. anybody can advice pls.. :hmmmm:
No offence to ur mech but i think u should get second opinion.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
nop he shouldnt , he should donate tht campak gearbox to meee
yeh yeh, can make gearbox recipe

Bump:

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
do simple thing 1st.. try check ur 1st gear mounting bracket n cable n such2 thing...
maybe longgar n the 1st gear didnt latch properly... cause happen to a few fren of mine after convert gsr/evo

if everything ok, maybe ur gbox syncro spoilt lerr... kene beli la gbox evo hehehehe
First,
it was thought that my adjustable short-shifter was the culprit behind the prob. I've tried swaping to standard shifter yet the problem still occur..
So maybe the synchro spoilt...
I'll try to get few opinion frm others first- if cant be saved, kena la beli gbox evo wit LSD insert :hmmmm: :bawling:

Bro jinKL,
Hehe cannot donate la bro... In future wanna use the gear ratio. :idea:

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
wah ... lazy mechs will just say campak , cannot use , bla bla bla ... the other day when i ask a workshop at Kuchai Enterp' Park they said , cannot help it ... need to find a new one ...

went to a 2nd shop , look c look c , check a bit , test drive it ... gear bearing was the culprit ... so get a few opinions b4 u make ur decision

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005

Maybe u can ask my mec wo did my conversion for me for my gearboxes to do ur kacukkan.hehe.already lost 2 g/b witihin 4months.one gsr n one more evo g/b

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L

Maybe u can ask my mec wo did my conversion for me for my gearboxes to do ur kacukkan.hehe.already lost 2 g/b witihin 4months.one gsr n one more evo g/b
2 Gbox in 4 months ahh.. sayang wo.
Anybody can recommend a place for me to get 2nd opinion??

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Turbolover ur car monster.. monster of coz like to eat gbox :biggrin:

The next best solution is to source a gbox frm chopshop..
Any idea bout which mitsu box i could use evo series/ eclipse/diesel..(can support to 400hp & plug n play affair)..?
Preferably equiped wit helical LSD.. torque-steer on my cars a real bitch..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi again all ZTH members ... Here to create a thread which will mainly discuss only SUPERCHARGER issues ... I understand that supercharger is a type of Force Induction system which is the kit itself is mounted on the crank (engine) ... The pulley driven device will drives the air into the kit and compresses it then send it to the intake manifold ...

Ok thats some brief introduction ... Hope i've got them all correct ... Now the further on discussion will be NA engines to fix with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience