4G93 DOHC Problems

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
i see, depends on im replacing the head or block correct? good to know :idea: i asked him before but there wasn't any, the time i was there he had a shipment of R20s and K24s, some Toyota engines and only ONE mitsu 4G92.

nice taste! no promises but i'll pm you to exchange contact before going so we can communicate easier. i think these kinda things needa pray hard wan :adore: as i also need the force to help me find a 93
Lots of work need to be done to fit the 93 internals inside the 92. Hence my advices is to find a proper 93 or 93p and do the swap.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Lots of work need to be done to fit the 93 internals inside the 92. Hence my advices is to find a proper 93 or 93p and do the swap.
cannot go wrong with that! one more thing, would you trust a workshop or an engineering shop more to perform an engine overhaul? any contacts if so :hmmmm:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
cannot go wrong with that! one more thing, would you trust a workshop or an engineering shop more to perform an engine overhaul? any contacts if so :hmmmm:
engineering shop do engine overhaul ah? never hear of that. i only trust my mech for engine stuff. haha. you can try visit his workshop at Jalan Bukit Kemuning there. Waze Upwork Racing Workshop. Ask for Ajak. Rampage aka RPG Motorsport at shah alam also good. A few of my friends send their cars there. :driver:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
engineering shop do engine overhaul ah? never hear of that. i only trust my mech for engine stuff. haha. you can try visit his workshop at Jalan Bukit Kemuning there. Waze Upwork Racing Workshop. Ask for Ajak. Rampage aka RPG Motorsport at shah alam also good. A few of my friends send their cars there. :driver:
im not too sure on that also but aren't there proper engineering workshops that perform all these procedures with proper machinery? still need more exploring, cos i want the best work for a bang of buck :eating:

yet to check out Upwork, RPG yes! visited them two weeks ago and met Sid. i call them the city doctors cause they attend to all cars :rofl:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
im not too sure on that also but aren't there proper engineering workshops that perform all these procedures with proper machinery? still need more exploring, cos i want the best work for a bang of buck :eating:

yet to check out Upwork, RPG yes! visited them two weeks ago and met Sid. i call them the city doctors cause they attend to all cars :rofl:
usually your mech/tuner will do the specs/calculation needed and send to engineering shop. then your mech/tuner will install back and tune.

Upwork got a lot of mitsu kaki send there. i got to know of the shop from din6a12. went to his shop to buy gsr brakes and my car that time just swap engine and having problems. he suggest to go to upwork. so i went there, after discussion and checking i decide to do top overhaul. so far until today engine got no problem. they did a good job.

Last edited:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
usually your mech/tuner will do the specs/calculation needed and send to engineering shop. then your mech/tuner will install back and tune.

Upwork got a lot of mitsu kaki send there. i got to know of the shop from din6a12. went to his shop to buy gsr brakes and my car that time just swap engine and having problems. he suggest to go to upwork. so i went there, after discussion and checking i decide to do top overhaul. so far until today engine got no problem. they did a good job.
i want to eliminate the mech/tuner factor in spec calculation, only need him for disassembly and reassembly of the whole engine. deal with the engineering shop directly, buy my own spare parts. just an idea, thought it might help save some bucks or complications :hmmmm:

that is a good first hand review from you, will surely put em on my list. much thanks! :shakehands:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
i want to eliminate the mech/tuner factor in spec calculation, only need him for disassembly and reassembly of the whole engine. deal with the engineering shop directly, buy my own spare parts. just an idea, thought it might help save some bucks or complications :hmmmm:

that is a good first hand review from you, will surely put em on my list. much thanks! :shakehands:
like that gonna be more headache unless you know all the correct calculation. better let the mech/tuner do what is best for your engine.

Yeah. I did top overhaul, oversize valves, change piston rings. They also check my conrod bearings and change it coz it was already rough when i got it. And also swap my trailing arm bush. Total was RM1.8k. Other shops that time quoted me RM2k minimum for top overhaul only. :confused:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
like that gonna be more headache unless you know all the correct calculation. better let the mech/tuner do what is best for your engine.

Yeah. I did top overhaul, oversize valves, change piston rings. They also check my conrod bearings and change it coz it was already rough when i got it. And also swap my trailing arm bush. Total was RM1.8k. Other shops that time quoted me RM2k minimum for top overhaul only. :confused:
coming from one who has done and lived through that phase, point taken! key is to find a trusted mechanic and you also have helped me with that. lemme buy you a drink!

reasonable! i was quoted 2.2k for my top set OH and the bill ended at 3k, bear in mind he added NOT decreased my engine's problem. you just confirmed again that i was dumbfounded :hahaha:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
coming from one who has done and lived through that phase, point taken! key is to find a trusted mechanic and you also have helped me with that. lemme buy you a drink!

reasonable! i was quoted 2.2k for my top set OH and the bill ended at 3k, bear in mind he added NOT decreased my engine's problem. you just confirmed again that i was dumbfounded :hahaha:
mine is single cam tho. lol. hard to find honest workshop nowadays. i blame the economy. haha

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
mine is single cam tho. lol. hard to find honest workshop nowadays. i blame the economy. haha
he can fix yours, he can fix mine. that's the level of faith i have :biggrin:

especially those with families to feed, are prone to kerat a little deeper. true story.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
he can fix yours, he can fix mine. that's the level of faith i have :biggrin:

especially those with families to feed, are prone to kerat a little deeper. true story.
oh. he definitely can fix yours. i'm heading there later to get my car. been close to 4 weeks in the workshop due to wiring problem. not caused by him tho. hopefully he got it fix nicely.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Eh? U can use 92 block and swap all the 93 internals in it if u can't find 93 block. 92 pistons slightly higher comp than 93. But the bore is the same. 93 got longer stroke but the the crank can fit into the 92 block. Best is to find 93 block kosong and 93 head kosong and swap. Your dad's friend can sure find 93 dohc set for cheap right?

I'm looking for MOMO 4 spoke gsr steering or Nardi 4 spoke. If can't find, I'd settle for MOMO Corse 3 spoke. It's funny when you're not looking for steerings it just pop up everywhere. When you're looking for one, u cant find any. :sleep:
i bought momo subaru steering wheel. But too big.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
How many inches is too big?
standard size. Not sure the size. Currently using aftermarket 350mm. Just nice.
Mod not much on that subaru steering. Clock spring cable connection only.
I still modify the clock spring connector for hub and aftermarket steering.

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any suggestions on good and quality paint shops round kl area? My car is full of dents and scratches everywhere mostly because of my dog :D I was wondering how do I identify whether if they are using good quality paint and lacquer ? And how to judge their workmanship and quality? Like for example taking off headlights and door trims etc? What shops should I avoid? Please advice and need some suggestions for good quality shops
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience