4G93 DOHC Problems

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
sorry, i didnt make myself clear last time. i wanted to see the whole installation from the fuel rails, hose type, connection and all. haha. but i guess everything is installed correctly then. :biggrin:
UPDATE: i just made sure the FPR is fitted, hoses trimmed and screwed on properly. the mechanic who installed it didn't tighten down one of the nut..

:smokin:

started the car and the dial up noise is no more! (DIY FTW) problem now is i can't seem to get an exact 3.2 adjustment, every time i lock the bigger nut it'd go slightly off :mad: will drive it later, observe and update.

really thanks for pointing out :beer:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So the scrapping sound also gone?

Using long screw driver are old school mechanics. My mechanic does the same......lol

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
So the scrapping sound also gone?

Using long screw driver are old school mechanics. My mechanic does the same......lol
yes i learnt something old school today!

back from test driving, quiet initially but the dial up noise came back later on :banghead:

probably a defected FPR, gonna ask for warranty replacement. getting the alternator and compressor checked by AC guy tomorrow.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
yes i learnt something old school today!

back from test driving, quiet initially but the dial up noise came back later on :banghead:

probably a defected FPR, gonna ask for warranty replacement. getting the alternator and compressor checked by AC guy tomorrow.
if it doesnt affect your driving, why change it? hehe. swap muffler and piping to compensate for the dial-up noise. :biggrin:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
if it doesnt affect your driving, why change it? hehe. swap muffler and piping to compensate for the dial-up noise. :biggrin:
whoaaaaaa that's cheating noise with noise! was on DUKE just now, the dial up noise was indeed overwhelmed or in fact, muted by the exhaust lmao! so wrong but so right :rofl:

drummydrew, if engine still healthy, might consider suspension dy....:biggrin:
engine not healthy.. piping white smoke.. my fund is near to do full overhaul, but friends around me keep poisoning me to drop new head :nurse:

UPDATES on AC/Idling problem: had my alternator charge rate checked, normal. AC compressor is the correct spec (15C) so that factor is eliminated too. the foreman tested a few spots, made sure the AC system is working fine and suggested it could be the throttle body (back to square one). this isn't his forte so he said best i look for friends who have similar rides to troubleshoot.

called this mechanic in sri kembangan, got my car fixed there once and he is one enthusiastic guy who's crazy over 4G engines, owns a mivec too. anyways, he said the problem could only be around the throttle body area. confirmed by few mechanics already, glad that its narrowed down to that area now :proud: will get it resolved soon. at the same time, jaring is still dialing up in my car :stupid:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
UPDATES on AC/Idling problem: had my alternator charge rate checked, normal. AC compressor is the correct spec (15C) so that factor is eliminated too. the foreman tested a few spots, made sure the AC system is working fine and suggested it could be the throttle body (back to square one). this isn't his forte so he said best i look for friends who have similar rides to troubleshoot.

called this mechanic in sri kembangan, got my car fixed there once and he is one enthusiastic guy who's crazy over 4G engines, owns a mivec too. anyways, he said the problem could only be around the throttle body area. confirmed by few mechanics already, glad that its narrowed down to that area now :proud:
Have you tried this > https://www.ozvr4.com/threads/iacv-idle-air-control-valve-test.15362/page-2#post-333458

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
whoaaaaaa that's cheating noise with noise! was on DUKE just now, the dial up noise was indeed overwhelmed or in fact, muted by the exhaust lmao! so wrong but so right :rofl:

engine not healthy.. piping white smoke.. my fund is near to do full overhaul, but friends around me keep poisoning me to drop new head :nurse:

called this mechanic in sri kembangan, got my car fixed there once and he is one enthusiastic guy who's crazy over 4G engines, owns a mivec too. anyways, he said the problem could only be around the throttle body area. confirmed by few mechanics already, glad that its narrowed down to that area now :proud: will get it resolved soon. at the same time, jaring is still dialing up in my car :stupid:
I thought you already fix the TB? Time for top overhaul and mivec TB. :driver:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
very informative and helpful, thanks alot! i'll try working on that when i meet my friend who has the multimeter.

I thought you already fix the TB? Time for top overhaul and mivec TB. :driver:
only clean serviced it last time, the most recent is fitting a new stepper motor to troubleshoot it. feels the same as the old one - bad idling still. if mivec TB what adjustments do i have to do? overhaul yes!! but i am also skeptical cos this engine has been overhaul 2-3 times (done badly) which contributed to its current condition - leakage, white smoke, dented pistons..

Car dialing for help......lol but dial up too slow.....hhahhahahha
sho slowww like its never connecting:slug: