4g13 talks

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
What sort of budget are u willing to spend?

Me personally wont waste on other upgrade if i have the fund for a better base engine. I can save more to mod the better base engine.

If u change engine in the future, u wasted money playing with the current engine...unless u got a bank note printer at home.
How bout any upgrades tat i can pnp in the future if i want to change? Dont kecam me ah

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hmm.. in that case mayb might change in the future.. for the mean time mayb some mild upgrade recommended? sorry ya im still newbie2 want play car
It's all about budget. How much are you willing to spend? Also don't rely on spoonfed information. Do your own research and find things out yourself and only ask if you need clarification. Otherwise sooner or later people are going to take advantage of you or take you for a joyride - especially shops and mechanics.

If you want to change engine since it's a 1.3 the biggest you can go is 1.6. So you can't really consider the 4G93 1.8, the largest you can go legally is 4G92. DOHC 4G92 is the largest you can go. Just the upgrade in engine alone is going to cost around 2k give or take and the workmanship to install about 500 to 1k depending on the condition of the engine. Seals, gaskets, bolts, nuts, everything will need to be inspected due to the age of the engine.

Also since you're a newbie, don't always pursue power. I know some seriously fast Myvi drivers and automatic Satria drivers. Upgrading your driving skills will do much more than constantly always pursuing power. If you have a favorite corner you like to layan take note of your speed and how you drive in that corner and keep trying to go faster or manage the corner better without scaring the crap out of yourself. Then once you think you've reached the limit of your skills, start upgrading suspension, tyres, brakes, intake and all these sorta small things. A good set of brake pads will significantly help shift weight around, a good set of tyres will help you corner harder and faster, etc etc.

Personally I believe you should try to maximise and push the limits of your car before you go nuts about power and all. Start with suspension, tyres, brakes and only lastly go engine once you've mastered the 1.3. Giving you a 1.6 now would be like giving a toddler a gun. Would the toddler know it's a gun? Sure but would he know how to use it properly without the kickback smacking the gun in his face? Probably not.

Reactions: vr2turbo

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
It's all about budget. How much are you willing to spend? Also don't rely on spoonfed information. Do your own research and find things out yourself and only ask if you need clarification. Otherwise sooner or later people are going to take advantage of you or take you for a joyride - especially shops and mechanics.

If you want to change engine since it's a 1.3 the biggest you can go is 1.6. So you can't really consider the 4G93 1.8, the largest you can go legally is 4G92. DOHC 4G92 is the largest you can go. Just the upgrade in engine alone is going to cost around 2k give or take and the workmanship to install about 500 to 1k depending on the condition of the engine. Seals, gaskets, bolts, nuts, everything will need to be inspected due to the age of the engine.

Also since you're a newbie, don't always pursue power. I know some seriously fast Myvi drivers and automatic Satria drivers. Upgrading your driving skills will do much more than constantly always pursuing power. If you have a favorite corner you like to layan take note of your speed and how you drive in that corner and keep trying to go faster or manage the corner better without scaring the crap out of yourself. Then once you think you've reached the limit of your skills, start upgrading suspension, tyres, brakes, intake and all these sorta small things. A good set of brake pads will significantly help shift weight around, a good set of tyres will help you corner harder and faster, etc etc.

Personally I believe you should try to maximise and push the limits of your car before you go nuts about power and all. Start with suspension, tyres, brakes and only lastly go engine once you've mastered the 1.3. Giving you a 1.6 now would be like giving a toddler a gun. Would the toddler know it's a gun? Sure but would he know how to use it properly without the kickback smacking the gun in his face? Probably not.
Well said there. Like i said im still a newbie. I did read alot of forum base on 4g series engines bfo opening my own thread. And im still curious thats the reason i open this thread and personally ask the question myself.
Yes.. goin to follow yours advice on the tyres, brakes, suspension etc..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well said there. Like i said im still a newbie. I did read alot of forum base on 4g series engines bfo opening my own thread. And im still curious thats the reason i open this thread and personally ask the question myself.
Yes.. goin to follow yours advice on the tyres, brakes, suspension etc..
What don't you list out everything you have? What suspension, what brakes, what engine mods if any, what tyres you're using, etc. Then from there we can discuss more indepth

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
What don't you list out everything you have? What suspension, what brakes, what engine mods if any, what tyres you're using, etc. Then from there we can discuss more indepth
Any recommendation on the brakes and adj suspension? What are your suggestion. Engine mayb not goin to kacau lah. Just mod the intake only

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Any recommendation on the brakes and adj suspension? What are your suggestion. Engine mayb not goin to kacau lah. Just mod the intake only
What car do you have and what setup do you want? Track, drift, street, uncomfortable, carrying kids, etc?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
1.3 wira.. for city drive. Like u said for a better cornering
Whats the problem with cornering right now? Body roll? Tyre grip giving way too quickly? Hopping in the corners? It's all how you want to mod the way you drive.

If you put coilovers you normal driving will also be affected and comfort will be affected. Too stiff in the corner later you start understeering or your tyres give up too early.

Start with antiroll bars and better tyres bro

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Whats the problem with cornering right now? Body roll? Tyre grip giving way too quickly? Hopping in the corners? It's all how you want to mod the way you drive.

If you put coilovers you normal driving will also be affected and comfort will be affected. Too stiff in the corner later you start understeering or your tyres give up too early.

Start with antiroll bars and better tyres bro
The story is like this.. the wira just got out from the workshop last year cause accident last time. And the car right now is under me already.. so its like a restoration project for me cause its still have a lot of work to do..

Recently just came out from the workshop again cause the previous workshop didnt done much for repairing the accident example like lower arm.. bush.. drive shaft etc.. spend around 800 just to get the comfort for driving.

Now already buy new tyres and rims but havent install yet cause im planning to install adjs abs first.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The story is like this.. the wira just got out from the workshop last year cause accident last time. And the car right now is under me already.. so its like a restoration project for me cause its still have a lot of work to do..

Recently just came out from the workshop again cause the previous workshop didnt done much for repairing the accident example like lower arm.. bush.. drive shaft etc.. spend around 800 just to get the comfort for driving.

Now already buy new tyres and rims but havent install yet cause im planning to install adjs abs first.
Buy already but not yet fit. You should fit and try them out and see what else you need from there......

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Buy already but not yet fit. You should fit and try them out and see what else you need from there......
Not yet bro.. allign bad but not that bad. Planning to buy adj abs install include the rims then go for allign.. but any suggestion for adj abs..

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
1.3 wira.. for city drive. Like u said for a better cornering
15" with 195 tyre + ARB will give you good enough of handling at city drive... even cornerning... throw around the car to the max like Izso mentioned. 1.3 you will not get that speed to layan fast corners...

save up your budget for the engine... go straight to 4G92 for more fun... unless you're not planning to certify... then 4G93 lor...

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
15" with 195 tyre + ARB will give you good enough of handling at city drive... even cornerning... throw around the car to the max like Izso mentioned. 1.3 you will not get that speed to layan fast corners...

save up your budget for the engine... go straight to 4G92 for more fun... unless you're not planning to certify... then 4G93 lor...
Thanks.. ya will take Izso advices.. just mild urpgarde on the current engine cause right now top speed reli dead.. pick up not tat much either.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks.. ya will take Izso advices.. just mild urpgarde on the current engine cause right now top speed reli dead.. pick up not tat much either.
What do you expect from a 1.3L engine. Power from displacement, either Big displacement or forced induction.......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Just to share with you guys about my new gadget for Civic FD2.0. Installation will be done by this weekend & will upload the photo again.

Thanks.

Bravo
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience