4g13 talks

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Always saw the word stand alone but still dont know what does tat means. Newbie here
Modern cars have ECUs to control the injectors and all that stuff. People add on piggyback ECUs to "cheat" the stock ECU to add more fuel or increase or decrease engine timing or all those sort of things. Piggy backs are limited in what they can do and some cars don't even like piggybacks and will overwrite anything they do like the Siemens VDO ECU on the 4G1x protons. Piggy backs you'd be looking at Emanage, Unichip mostly. There are others as well but personally I don't think Piggybacks are worth the money or time.

Standalone ECUs completely replace the cars stock ECU to manage everything and as a tuner it means you can tune the car however you want it to run. More lean or richer at certain water temps, cut off aircon whenever you hit a certain RPM (to preserve your aircon compressor), and sooooo many more things. Links ECU, Haltech ECU, ECU Masters, MAXXEcu are all standalones (there are way more btw).

Reactions: lsm1991

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Modern cars have ECUs to control the injectors and all that stuff. People add on piggyback ECUs to "cheat" the stock ECU to add more fuel or increase or decrease engine timing or all those sort of things. Piggy backs are limited in what they can do and some cars don't even like piggybacks and will overwrite anything they do like the Siemens VDO ECU on the 4G1x protons. Piggy backs you'd be looking at Emanage, Unichip mostly. There are others as well but personally I don't think Piggybacks are worth the money or time.

Standalone ECUs completely replace the cars stock ECU to manage everything and as a tuner it means you can tune the car however you want it to run. More lean or richer at certain water temps, cut off aircon whenever you hit a certain RPM (to preserve your aircon compressor), and sooooo many more things. Links ECU, Haltech ECU, ECU Masters, MAXXEcu are all standalones (there are way more btw).
^ this, but just saying... standalone is overkill in your senario Latebloomer, the cost of the standalone will exceed the value of your car, or come close to it (pending on what u end up with)

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tarak hardcore lah, masuk engine only. Hahaha...
After all the previous mod, extractor lah, plug, plug cable, air filter, polish port, etc. etc., nothing feels the same for transplanted turbo engine. Still get the oomph, even after 20 years owning it.......lol

Reactions: sweelt

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
terbuuuuuuuuu

as we all know, raw dollar per h/p, near impossible to beat forced induction... we shall wait for the electrics to come.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My question is, why do you want to modify your Wira 1.3? For power? Just for the fun of it? Or you don't know where to spend your money on a car?

What I can tell you is, keep the engine and everything else stock, maintain it just as it is. From there, you should be able to get a reliable daily driving car if you have sorted out all common problems. Just fill in petrol and drive monthly. Whatever months that you do not need to spend on the car, just save up the money for future use.

When you have saved up enough money after some time, then you can buy another car with more powerful engine or performance and yet you still can keep your Wira 1.3 as a daily driver while keeping the newly acquired car as a weekend car. If you are insisting on modifying your current Wira and yet keeping it as a daily car, long term wise you are just going to keep spending more and more money to it with less convenience or flexibility because you need to use the car as daily but at the same time, you probably need to send it to workshop frequently for modification related works.

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
My question is, why do you want to modify your Wira 1.3? For power? Just for the fun of it? Or you don't know where to spend your money on a car?

What I can tell you is, keep the engine and everything else stock, maintain it just as it is. From there, you should be able to get a reliable daily driving car if you have sorted out all common problems. Just fill in petrol and drive monthly. Whatever months that you do not need to spend on the car, just save up the money for future use.

When you have saved up enough money after some time, then you can buy another car with more powerful engine or performance and yet you still can keep your Wira 1.3 as a daily driver while keeping the newly acquired car as a weekend car. If you are insisting on modifying your current Wira and yet keeping it as a daily car, long term wise you are just going to keep spending more and more money to it with less convenience or flexibility because you need to use the car as daily but at the same time, you probably need to send it to workshop frequently for modification related works.
Bro.. sorry for the late reply.. as i was saying. I mod the car for fun or u can say i wanna try to get the best out of the 4g13 engine.. not on hardcore mod lah.. or some bot or super charge kit..

Anyways.. im goin to change my cam soon.. any suggestion? Prefer cam for city drive.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro.. sorry for the late reply.. as i was saying. I mod the car for fun or u can say i wanna try to get the best out of the 4g13 engine.. not on hardcore mod lah.. or some bot or super charge kit..

Anyways.. im goin to change my cam soon.. any suggestion? Prefer cam for city drive.
why you wanna change the cam if it's city driving? Cuz if you change too aggressive then you'll need an ECU to control it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys, This what's I get from magazine, just for refferance.:D

F5M421
1. carisma 1.8GDI
3.583,1.947,1.266,0.970,0.767, R=3.363, FD=4.058

2.lancer 1.8 Thailand version
3.583,1.947,1.379,1.030,0.820, R=3.363, FD=4.058

3.FTO 1.8/2.0 V6
3.583,1.947,1.379,1.030,0.820, R=3.363, FD=4.312

4.Galant 1.8 GDI
3.583,1.947,1.379,1.030,0.767 R=3.363, FD=4.058

F5M411
1. KF5M4118A8...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience