4g13 talks

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
You pretty much covered all the engines he can legally go to. The 4G93 NA isn't that cheap either
the dohc models pun ade... still not too horrid.... much cheaper than their performance oriented siblings

but... again imo beli je c99... 1.8 straight from the get go

inkedfreak

Sep 9, 2020
Your satria legally can go 1.6 max. 1.6mivec - save more from now.
FC wise if you run stock setup should no problem. Since you plan for daily.
Before i forget, for daily pakai stock clutch.

you mean go for 4G92 mivec?
Dont worry cause i plan the max is 1.6L for the engine swap for my satria and i wont bother to swap 1.8 in future.

inkedfreak

Sep 9, 2020
No worries man. If you wanna keep your current car and mod it - prepare to pay for it. Cuz the 4Gxx engines have been skyrocketing

aite bro

But personally since it's a Satria, I'd spend money on modding up the car body, handling, brakes rather than the engine. I'd do engine and exhaust last.
As i mention before i will start mod from the bottom as handling and stuff, once all complete then only i will move on to engine and exhaust system.

I have a question here, if i wanna change my brake system 1.3 to 1.6 what should i do thought?
Mind to teach me step by step?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As i mention before i will start mod from the bottom as handling and stuff, once all complete then only i will move on to engine and exhaust system.

I have a question here, if i wanna change my brake system 1.3 to 1.6 what should i do thought?
Mind to teach me step by step?
First of all - buy front 1.8 front calipers, rotors and rear rotors, calipers, handbrake cable, hub. Make sure it's same PCD. And before you go and swap them make sure it fits your rims.

Usually buying front and back together is cheaper than buying each one separately. Also consider swapping out master pump and servo.

But the question is whether you really need this upgrade or not. Stock power right now it's not beneficial to upgrade.

Personally I'd consider handling upgrades like suspension, antiroll bar, PU bushings first. Oh and Racetech's CAK.

Reactions: inkedfreak

inkedfreak

Sep 9, 2020
First of all - buy front 1.8 front calipers, rotors and rear rotors, calipers, handbrake cable, hub. Make sure it's same PCD. And before you go and swap them make sure it fits your rims.

Usually buying front and back together is cheaper than buying each one separately. Also consider swapping out master pump and servo.

But the question is whether you really need this upgrade or not. Stock power right now it's not beneficial to upgrade.

Personally I'd consider handling upgrades like suspension, antiroll bar, PU bushings first. Oh and Racetech's CAK.

Preparation for future 4g92 mivec, which suit better for the braking system?

inkedfreak

Sep 9, 2020

Racetech's CAK is it necessary?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

U can set aside upgrading brake. If u buy halfcut bargain together with full brake set but majority come include brake.

U on right track beefing up your handling section.

Reactions: inkedfreak

inkedfreak

Sep 9, 2020
U can set aside upgrading brake. If u buy halfcut bargain together with full brake set but majority come include brake.

U on right track beefing up your handling section.

appreciate it sweelt, i'll take note on that..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Racetech's CAK is it necessary?

Personally I feel the CAK was one of the biggest upgrades for my Wira back in the day. I don't think you can get a new set anymore though, but old timers like Drex Chan might still have one set lying around. You can ask him on FB EA Autoworks. If you drive your car daily, putting the CAK would have the most profound difference in feel when you drive.

It's pretty much what the others said - if you're gonna buy halfcut it should have the brakes. So get it all one shot. But personally I am more of a fan of aftermarket. But aftermarket is more costly. AP Racing R lightweight calipers, AP Racing 2 piece rotors, steel braided sheathed hoses... etc

inkedfreak

Sep 9, 2020
Personally I feel the CAK was one of the biggest upgrades for my Wira back in the day. I don't think you can get a new set anymore though, but old timers like Drex Chan might still have one set lying around. You can ask him on FB EA Autoworks. If you drive your car daily, putting the CAK would have the most profound difference in feel when you drive.

It's pretty much what the others said - if you're gonna buy halfcut it should have the brakes. So get it all one shot. But personally I am more of a fan of aftermarket. But aftermarket is more costly. AP Racing R lightweight calipers, AP Racing 2 piece rotors, steel braided sheathed hoses... etc

aite bro izso tyvm

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a year 2007 Honda City, with more than 8 years of abuse from mother nature and the intense pollutions from Kuala Lumpur, it was sent for a repaint a few months ago. Custom painted to a black and white theme, the roof, grill and some trim where black while the rest of the car is a pearl white. After a few months of paint curing, we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience