4b11 ecu reflash (lancer gt )

Mar 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi... im owning 4b11 ... basically I'm out idea to mod it.. as we know , it came with cvt.. nothing much we can do.. except air filter , some lightened crank , exhaust system , voltage / charger...
but i think it maybe a shortcut for increasing horse power..
so anyone out there did ECU REFLASH ?
SO can share , regarding after procedure performance?
or should i install anything before start remapping..
or should i get piggy bag?
i don't expect for increasing hp extremely.. just wanted it more responsive to reach 2xx km/h :)

thanks for your opinion.. i will appreciate..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
hi... im owning 4b11 ... basically I'm out idea to mod it.. as we know , it came with cvt.. nothing much we can do.. except air filter , some lightened crank , exhaust system , voltage / charger...
but i think it maybe a shortcut for increasing horse power..
so anyone out there did ECU REFLASH ?
SO can share , regarding after procedure performance?
or should i install anything before start remapping..
or should i get piggy bag?
i don't expect for increasing hp extremely.. just wanted it more responsive to reach 2xx km/h :)

thanks for your opinion.. i will appreciate..
Bro, I ain't LGT owner but I wanted to share something I know. The higher speed you go, the more horsepower you need to be 'responsive' at those speed. For example, smaller CC cars are quick from 0 to 100kph but soon as you reach 150kph, speed climbing becomes slower and slower. Yes, it's able to reach 200kph but sometimes, it takes forever to reach that point.

What I am trying to say here is that eventho your reflash will give you additional 5-10 whp, it will not make a whole world of difference at high speed.

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
get a manual tranny then only think to mod for power...CVT is hopeless if you really wanna to push it to the limit...speeding in excess of 200KM/H for more than 10 munites might get you a slowdown warning on your MFD...sorry to burst the bubble...save your money and spent it on buying a half cut evo X GSR or at least get a manual tranny...as for now...enjoy the smoothness of the CVT...i believe your car still under warranty right?

Apr 6, 2012
Seri Kembangan
get a manual tranny then only think to mod for power...CVT is hopeless if you really wanna to push it to the limit...speeding in excess of 200KM/H for more than 10 munites might get you a slowdown warning on your MFD...sorry to burst the bubble...save your money and spent it on buying a half cut evo X GSR or at least get a manual tranny...as for now...enjoy the smoothness of the CVT...i believe your car still under warranty right?
I would agree the problem is the CVT. I have done 200KM/H on the highway very early in the morning (3AM) going to Penang from KL. I was chasing another LGT. It was fun! The point is I did not get any warning indicator (but car was new at that time).

TS if really want power and have the cash you can get turbokit from Speedworks. check it out at Performance Kits - SPEEDWORKS

I am happy driving the stock LGT for the moment. I agree with dekaiser, I would get a new Evo X or halfcut.

audetom

read while you still can
Aug 30, 2004
Selangor/KL
by looking at dekaiser's car, I'm sure you've done a lot to your car rite?
and I'm sure you've experienced a lot of "SLOW DOWN"...

take the advice bro...
just enjoy the smoothness of CVT...
it's a family car rite? with a killing looks...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I love this statement "it's a family car with killing looks... " damn right!

But sometimes, a bit ironic tho.... it looks faster than it drives.

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I would agree the problem is the CVT. I have done 200KM/H on the highway very early in the morning (3AM) going to Penang from KL. I was chasing another LGT. It was fun! The point is I did not get any warning indicator (but car was new at that time).

TS if really want power and have the cash you can get turbokit from Speedworks. check it out at Performance Kits - SPEEDWORKS

I am happy driving the stock LGT for the moment. I agree with dekaiser, I would get a new Evo X or halfcut.
lol...chasing another lgt:wavey:...:driver:sure is fun and fast drive to penang though...btw, if car still new...the cvt slowdown warning hardly to pop up...

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

by looking at dekaiser's car, I'm sure you've done a lot to your car rite?
and I'm sure you've experienced a lot of "SLOW DOWN"...

take the advice bro...
just enjoy the smoothness of CVT...
it's a family car rite? with a killing looks...

hahaha...car still standard inside:burnout:...nothing much done to it...just exterior... slowdown warning:smokin:...ahhh...really potong stim...especially when you're driving in spirited way...when those warning came out...:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo one-make racing series racing cars are something to be feared on the track. Intending to pay homage to that, the Sant’Agata based supercar maker has teamed up with Swiss luxury watchmaker Blancpain for a limited edition road-legal Gallardo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience