3M Car Body Wrap

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

Hope this section relates to the issue i'm about to bring up. I just came across 1 shop in Seri Kembangan doing body wrap for the whole car using 3M sticker. The finishing i can say looks superb especially in mat color and guaranteed for 5 years without any detailing process needs to be in place. I just curious to know how reliable is the material against time especially in hot n high humidity weather in malaysia. To those who experience or has knowledge using this method appreciate if you can share the pros and cons. I just checked the price wise but it's damn expensive but when looking at the finishing it's worth somehow.. :adore::adore:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I do not have experience with this product. But I've read it in 3M website some time ago. Maybe now only reached Malaysia. I wouldn't say it replaces detailing. Because in the 3M website, they did state that this is only recommended for bumpers and headlamps and some lower part of car bodies to protect them form stone chips. They did say that to cover the whole car in this would cost some considerable amount of money. Therefore not very practical.

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yup agreed bro Veloc. I've seen more of them. I think painting method is more practical if u prefer matte color.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I know which shop you're referring to and they're really friendly and quick to reply to queries. I got quoted RM3+k for normal wrap. However, if using the 3M 1080range then the price can go upto RM8k. This is for a normal 2 door car minus the wing and side mirrors.

However, since my car's paint is matte they might not be able to do it so might just spray the car to another colour instead of wrap.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
from what i know.. 3M is a good product.. original of coz..

if got the money & the will.. go for it :biggrin:

keep us updated

superfire

Oct 17, 2007
try contacting Motorsport Playground Remus - 0173666666. their finishing is awesome! :)

SoloScandaL

Known Member
Apr 5, 2009
seen one car on the road, in black matte, and the sticker is peel of.. car look great from far, but when closely see, really bad..

kray_keigo

Oct 9, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
3m 1080 is start famous around malaysia .
and the 8k for whole car price is not available in kl area..around 5k-7k on diferent series only .
motorsport playground remus is great .but as i kno that way din got 3m 1080 scotchprint series.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm driving a Proton Iswara Aeroback...i just changed my absorbers to Monroe Sensa-Trac about few days ago....i'm using back my 5 year old stock spring with that new Monroe Absorbers.....i realized my riding became even harder than before....cornering is improved but it harden my ride....izzit because i use back my stock spring ? or should i change to a new n better spring ? What is the best spring recommended best for Monroe Sensa-Trac absorber ? Please help all the sifu...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience