2021 Hyundai Kona with Smartstream 2L & IVT arrives Malaysia

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

The new, techier Kona makes Malaysian debut through Hyundai Sime Darby Motors. It runs on the latest 2L engine and a more direct chain driven IVT CVT transmission, both Smartstream..

9.7 sec / 149ps / 180nm / 2L NA 4cyl Smartstream / FWD / Smartstream IVT CVT / 198kmh / Kona Standard RM119,888 / Kona Active RM136,888

This crossover SUV is now 40mm longer and feature redesigned front and back. Latest Hyundai cascading grille dominates the face, it looks bolder now with the new bumper and updated faux-headlight DRLs

What's new:

- New 17- or 18-inch wheels for Kona Standard and Kona Active
- Redesigned interior with split instrument panel and console area
- New interior colour choice and materials. Black cloth sears or perforated leather seats in black or beige
- Electric parking brake with auto hold
- Remote engine start via smart
- 10.25-inch digital cluster (Kona Active)
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay Waze and Google Maps navigation

The Kona Active features a suite of safety and driver assistance:
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW) with Leading Vehicle Departure Alert
- Rear Occupant Alert (ROA)
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) upgraded with pedestrian and vehicle detection.

Colours:
- Kona Standard: Chalk White / Galactic Grey / Surfy Blue / Pulse Red
- Kona Active: Surfy Blue / Dive in Jeju / Ignite Flame / Dark Knight / Misty Jungle.

The Kona offers a 5-year or 300,000km warranty and also 3-year or 50,000km free maintenance service.

“With a bold, progressive design and adventurous personality, the KONA has become an icon in its segment. We are more confident than before of the Hyundai KONA’s success in Malaysia despite the fierce competition in this segment,” said Mr Low Yuan Lung, Managing Director of HSDM.

Mr Low added that the KONA’s design is very distinctive and unique. The redesigned front and rear of the car give the KONA a sleek, sophisticated look while keeping its robust signature style to make it even more appealing to customers who lead active lifestyles.

“Its distinctive look makes it stand out from any other model in its class. The Kona is also targeted for those who want to stand out in the crowd and be different. It’s an agile and stylish car that can take you anywhere, be it for an adventurous outing or just for a city drive,” he said.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not a fan of that display in the middle, but specs wise and price wise it's aiming for the x50. Not too shabby overall

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I wonder if the Kona has better FC.. the X50 FC is kinda so-so only.

And this is imported mah... imported vs local CKD. All depends on the mindset?
Apparently Hyundai chose the Atkinson cycle engine to help with FC
It's not as punchy compared to regular engines but supposedly highly efficient from how it recycles the air fuel mixture during combustion

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I wonder if the Kona has better FC.. the X50 FC is kinda so-so only.

And this is imported mah... imported vs local CKD. All depends on the mindset?
But Entry level vs entry level is RM40k difference woh.......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,
Totally a noob here so kindda need your advise here.
I have seen a package on the R3 site abt a performance upgrade for the satria neo cps.
PROTON Holdings Berhad - R3 Accessories
The package includes a "Performance cam shaft" and i was wondering if the cam shaft is switchable cuz if i understand the CPS function, there will be a pin that enables the high lift cams. but if i change the cam shaft to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience