2020 Nissan Almera Turbo now in Malaysia - 1.0T / 100ps / 152nm

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

The 2020 Almera Turbo arrives Malaysia with its all new, 1.0L turbo engine. This 3 cylinder 12 valve DOHC engine, codenamed the HR10DET manages 100ps and 152nm. It features an integrated electronic wastegate and GTR inspired Mirror Bore coated cylinders that promises better engine response.

100ps / 152nm / 999cc 3 cylinder turbo / CVT / FWD / 1076kg / 180kmh

On the outside, the new, longer, wider, lower Almera Turbo also has a lengthened wheelbase. There are new headlights, fog lights and taillights and they are all LED, also 16" wheels except for the base model, which will get regular lighting and smaller 15s.

In the cockpit, it gets a flat bottomed steering wheel, backed by new, partly digital display instrument cluster. There's also an 8" touchscreen with Apple CarPlay for entertainment. The front seats benefit from Nissan's Zero Gravity posture inspired ergonomics.

Every Almera Turbo comes with Forward Emergency Braking and Frontal Collision Warning. This Nissan Shield 360 program extends further in the premium models with additional 360 all round view monitor, Blind Spot Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Moving Object Detector.

Prices are indicative figures for now, with the top of the range Almera VLT set at RM9x,xxx VLP at RM8x,xxx and VL at RM8x,xxx

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why would
1. Any Chinese Malaysian buy this over the Vios? Vios is cheaper and has resale value.

2. Any enthusiasts buy this over the Mazda 2 sedan?

3. Anyone into bells and whistles buy this over a Honda City with i-MMD?

Thus I conclude that this vehicle has no segment to address. Can bungkus.

oh wait it does look good. Yup, people into looks and bodykits can buy this.

Reactions: Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
It looks ok but potential buyer pls beware...i bet some wear and tear parts are still same with Renault and comes with Renault price.

Reactions: Izso

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
look wayyy better than my neighbor almera...hahaha
Actually there's no existing Nissan in Malaysia (By TC) that looks good. Almera is the worse. This new one is handsome. But I think with that price, TC is high. Why is it when car distributors in Malaysia think they have a good product they can price it at a premium. Think Malaysians water fish ah.

Mazda is the worse offender. Now Nissan TCM wants to follow suit.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Actually there's no existing Nissan in Malaysia (By TC) that looks good. Almera is the worse. This new one is handsome. But I think with that price, TC is high. Why is it when car distributors in Malaysia think they have a good product they can price it at a premium. Think Malaysians water fish ah.

Mazda is the worse offender. Now Nissan TCM wants to follow suit.
looking at the Vios which ranges from 76K - 88K, the mid range almera turbo with its fancy engine, better cockpit, tech & led lights should be okay hovering between 85-89k, think so?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Well, very long time ago Malaysian buy cars solely based on price as seen by local cars sales. Then they switch to brand which is why Toyota was once leader followed by Honda.
Now it seems like half of the market has smarten up, they buy based on bang for buck. We can see Toyota at one point being left behind because of selling old tech at premium price. A China SUV outsell a Jap SUV, Pug getting more market share and Nissan getting somewhere. People whom can afford it are making sure every cent they spent is worth it.

I am leaving P2 out of this as majority of their market is normal people whom earns normal income thus they get what they can afford...in some case barely afford.

I think company that comes out with their model for a segment first in that country have a disadvantage as they dont know the price at which other company will sell theirs thus the might play it safe. The 2nd company which launch will have advantage, they could possibly sell their car at highet price than intended but still lower or competitive with other company.

People whom can afford have lots of choices but the smartest people (at least for me) are those buying from 2nd hand market.

On the Almera, i experience the previous model and its a very comfy and spacious car..thats it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My wife bought a China SUV in 2010, imagine no claims whatsoever, the Forester being Jap, had quite a few claims.......lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think the exterior design will make it sell quite well coz people here easily attracted by looks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bought a used car...how to change to a new number? i dont want the existing number to the car...anyone know/got any lubang to change to new number????

willing to invest on a new bike, but i dont want the bike, just to get the number...please pm/reply back

019-324 9797
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience