2019 A45 S AMG - 3.9s / 416hp / 500nm / 8-DCT / 4WD

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
2019 A45 S AMG - 3.9s / 416hp / 500nm / 8-DCT / 4WD

There it is, in all its Panamericana grilled glory, the latest incarnation of AMG's mad A45, now gone mental.

3.9 secs / 416hp / 500nm / 4 Cyl 2L Turbo / 8 speed DCT / 4WD / Drift mode

There's a brand new M139 4 cylinder turbo engine leading their hot hatch war and is capable of producing over 420hp, which pretty much trump the competition, at least in the 2,000cc Turbo class.

These engines continue to be hand assembled following AMG's "One Man One Engine" philosophy, in their Affalterbach facility.

The actual 2019 / 2020 AMG A45 however, makes 416hp in its S trim and 382hp for non S. And yes there's the S and non S for the 45 series now, differentiated by power, trim levels and styling.

Continue reading the Post.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Soo much speed and twisting force from that 2l engine...its an AMG so the bonkers figure is expected.

Lets just hope it wont be as reliable as the famous BMW/Peugeot 1.6 Prince engine. Its a great example of squeezing too much can damage whatever you are aqueezing.

Anyway, i would luv for AMG to go crazy like in the old days and ushered a V8 into the A clas engine bay. Oh yes it will fit...jusy need some extension on the engine bay with CF parts and bits like what they did previously when the engine cant fit.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Drift mode? Wahhh.. I wonder how many kidneys I'd need to sell to buy one of these cars

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
"one man one engine" same as GTR, where the assembler/tuner name is engraved on the engine right? maybe all high-end/performance car like that? or maybe only some of them?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
"one man one engine" same as GTR, where the assembler/tuner name is engraved on the engine right? maybe all high-end/performance car like that? or maybe only some of them?
Not actually engraved on the engine itself. In this case its a piece of metal engraved with the builder name and signature pasted on the engine cover.

Lots of arguing point about so called special engine assembly nowadays as its basically a man assembling an engine with the aid of the same tool used by other normal engine in the mass assembly line.

Difference lies in the level of precision the engine parts has, experienced of the assembler, and sometimes a cleanroom assembly ( Nissan GTR ).

For me personally, if the normal assembly line is using the same precision parts then the finish product will perform the same as the one man one engine thing. I am saying this as the assembly tool should be the same.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Not actually engraved on the engine itself. In this case its a piece of metal engraved with the builder name and signature pasted on the engine cover.
yes... exactly.

i see the video, where the tuner using not only machine, but his senses to hear the sound, feel the vibration etc to tune GTR engine, which cannot be done by machine. he said it is an art and not really relying on the machine reading only. i dont know how far it is true, but it is something different from other makers.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Awesome car as expected from AMG but styling wise I actually still prefer the older model, especially due to the front bumper. The turbo on this new one is also put between the engine and the firewall so not that easy to reach. Not so much of the power (the current 380hp is bonkers enough and can still be tuned further to match) but the drifting capability is the most enticing aspect of this new one.

Anyway the previous version is good enough for me to target, someday, one day, it will be a glorious day...

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Awesome car as expected from AMG but styling wise I actually still prefer the older model, especially due to the front bumper. The turbo on this new one is also put between the engine and the firewall so not that easy to reach. Not so much of the power (the current 380hp is bonkers enough and can still be tuned further to match) but the drifting capability is the most enticing aspect of this new one.

Anyway the previous version is good enough for me to target, someday, one day, it will be a glorious day...
convert your x to 2GR + supercharge..already can match.. hihi

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
. Lets just hope it wont be as reliable as the famous BMW/Peugeot 1.6 Prince engine. Its a great example of squeezing too much can damage whatever you are aqueezing.
How reliable is that 400hp in climates like ours remain to be seen, as the CTR does get mildly affected from the heat. Although the previous 45 series remained consistently strong throughout and almost bulletproof against these conditions

Reactions: 6UE5t

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Still cannot la, chassis, gearbox and electronics still cannot compete with this. Plus too much hassle, might as well change car.
yeah... better invest in something that already 100% complete, AMG some more.. really looking forward to drive such car..

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
yes... exactly.

i see the video, where the tuner using not only machine, but his senses to hear the sound, feel the vibration etc to tune GTR engine, which cannot be done by machine. he said it is an art and not really relying on the machine reading only. i dont know how far it is true, but it is something different from other makers.
Ah forgot to mention...the engine built-by plate can be bought online...hihihi

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah... better invest in something that already 100% complete, AMG some more.. really looking forward to drive such car..
Someday bro... maybe just wait a year or two then buy used ones. Problem is I suspect the pricing for this AMG will remain strong coz I haven't noticed any significant drop anymore in the last year!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo....anyone know where the best place to mod bumper in penang....i would like to go n add bodykits...for iswara.......pls gv me some opinoin where is the best place.....izit RABK and LC is the best???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience