2008 Lamborghini Reventon - First Drive

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com

Sant' Agata, Italy — With 2350 cars sold in 2007, Lamborghini is more successful than ever. But to stay at the top, one must continue to look ahead. Therefore, the company has taken the Murciélago LP640 to an all-new level and created the Reventón.

Named after a legendary fighting bull from 1943, this is the first car to be totally designed by the Centro Stile Lamborghini in Sant' Agata. And it is the first Lambo to be done fully digital too: There were no clay models. After the designers started with first sketches in March 2007, the final car was ready just five months later and presented to the public at the Frankfurt auto show in September.

While all of the Murciélago's mechanicals remain untouched — the 6.5-liter V-12 engine, same wheelbase, same all-wheel drive — the Reventón looks completely different, thanks to new body panels. Even the wheels, fuel cap, exhaust pipe, bi-xenon/LED headlights and LED taillights have been redesigned.

Inside, the Reventón and Murciélago are similar, but distinctive leather patterns and an all-new instrument cluster make the difference. The latter is made of carbon-covered aluminum and shelters two TFT (thin film transistor) screens instead of the typical analog instruments. But all drive information can be shown in two different layouts — one is designed to mimic an aircraft's display, but I prefer the second setting with round, analog-like dials, as they are easier to read while driving.

There is one control that seemed completely unnecessary — the turn-signal stalk. For we found that wherever we went, traffic parted magically without any effort from us. We just can't imagine any other car (including the Bugatti Veyron) catching more attention than the Reventón.

Style-wise, this exclusive Lamborghini might remind one of a stealth jet. Hard-edged all over, there is not a single flat panel, while various angles specifically catch the eye. It's fun to look at, and it looks fast, too.

In fact, the new bodywork — with its slightly longer tail and bigger rear spoiler that lifts automatically at 80 mph — is more effective aerodynamically. However, this does not result in better performance figures — 0 to 60 mph can be done in a Murciélago-like 3.4 seconds; also, the top speed of 211 mph is the same. But the Reventón will feel more responsive above 110 mph, as Lamborghini's test pilot Mario Fasanetto pointed out. He had to tell us, because our car was limited electronically to 80 mph. What a shame, but we won't complain. Only 20 Reventóns will be made, each priced at 1 million Euros plus tax. While seven will stay in Europe, two are going to Dubai and Japan. The other 11 are reserved for the U.S. and will arrive there sometime in the spring.

The Reventón is one cool piece of exotic machinery — some may even call it art. Wealthy enthusiasts might be tempted to order one now, but they have no chance — all of these super Lambos were sold months ago.

Source: RoadnTrack

pingping86

Known Member
Nov 18, 2007
wow...
I don really know how to read the dashboard...
i think this is an aeroplane car... looks like a figther plane...

Sekigun

Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
wooohooooo....ive look at it and i scream exited even thou i knw i wont be able to touch it even to see face to face but can feel the "thing"

the meter it self is like a fighter jet

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car has remove the top part of the rooft and replace a new 1 cause of the sunrooft,
so the problem now is, when encounter big rain, the water will leak in slowly and i mean very little and slow from the rooft which is not the sunrooft area but the front part of the rooft contact to our windscreen. and what am i thinking is, the car might be welded not good enough? or the rubber is torn out? any1 encounter this problem before? sifus help please.... i appreciate..... thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience